Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Laugh Factory (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/laugh-factory/)
-   -   Canada - U.S. relations - Not a fight people (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/laugh-factory/20178-canada-relations-fight-people.html)

desjardo 11-07-2010 06:10 AM

Canada - U.S. relations - Not a fight people

So on some other forums I have seen some canada vs us bashing as of late.

I dont take forums personal but sometimes I find myself asking why?

I am curious why the two countries find the need to quarrel. We need your military, you need well there must be something...Lets just say oil, lol. OK well our pot then.

My feeling on this matter is that when poeple comment on countries they have a problem more with their government then people. Yet the people end up in all these senseless battles. I drink tim hortons you drink starbucks - same shit different place. Lets face it - they are both over priced.

I just want to say on this forum I have never had this issue and this is one reason I love it here.
I am a true patriotic canadian and respect that americans feel the same about their counrty. We each have our positives and negatives.
I hope maybe we could plan a meet near the canada/us border and meet one another.

You bring the marlboros, I'll bring the beer!

Just a morning blurb, hope someone out there agrees.

guitartmaker 11-07-2010 06:18 AM

Re: Canada - U.S. relations - Not a fight people

Well said.

edgeman4.0 11-07-2010 06:54 AM

Refer to clintons presidential speech thread..

You're on list 2. Primarily bc your country won't grab it's balls and do anything, yet needs out military to survive.

desjardo 11-07-2010 06:59 AM

OK, i read that thread. and posted.
you missed the damn point...

Could you explain why I need us military - but like i said this isnt a fight, although I knew someone would miss point and use militray as usual.

edgeman4.0 11-07-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desjardo (Post 237800)
OK, i read that thread. and posted.
you missed the damn point...
And no we dont need militray - but like i said this isnt a fight, although I knew someone would miss point and use militray as usual.

Don't go on the offensive and start the same shit that you were originally whining about in the first place.

If you want peace, maintain it. Not spark something up then wait for someone else to come help. (typical Canadian behavior, I know)

desjardo 11-07-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 237804)
Don't go on the offensive and start the same shit that you were originally whining about in the first place.

If you want peace, maintain it. Not spark something up then wait for someone else to come help. (typical Canadian behavior, I know)

Original post "My feeling on this matter is that when poeple comment on countries they have a problem more with their government then people. Yet the people end up in all these senseless battles. I drink tim hortons you drink starbucks - same shit different place. Lets face it - they are both over priced."

Demon-FX4 11-07-2010 07:53 AM

this has gotten out of hand fast i live in michigan i go to canada like alot it's 4 hours away. and i agree we need a meet.

desjardo 11-07-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 (Post 237827)
this has gotten out of hand fast i live in michigan i go to canada like alot it's 4 hours away. and i agree we need a meet.

Michigan is gorgeous...
I have been considering taking the us route home to ontario next year instead of crossing prairies.
Hoping to meet some more guys then!

Demon-FX4 11-07-2010 08:05 AM

i love michigan so much to do here. "if u have the money" i like canada i know some amazing offroad parks and places to go.

i look at it like this ok. IT'S CALLED NORTH AMERICA PEOPLE! canada and the usa are connected i mean really people it's the same land same rivers same lakes. we have mountains canada has mountains we have great plains canada does as well. the only diff is yall say eh. which is dumb to say cuz in michigan we say it too eh.

desjardo 11-07-2010 08:51 AM

lol so true and on the east coast they dont say "eh" at all.. and dont make me "crooked". I believe it comes from term "bent out of shape", but that is just based on a guess lol

Canada is very expensive if you live in most of ontario. Can't speak for other provinces but in saskatchewan I make double what I did and pay half what I did to live.
Very flat here but rockie mountains are 6hr drive and the hunting is amazing.
I love to travel wheather it is canada, Britain(been here the most), the U.S. or some hot island cause it was too cold at home.. And from my experiences the people are usually what I remember most..

Demon-FX4 11-07-2010 08:59 AM

exactly when i lived in hawaii the people were really cool and i have thought so much about moving to canada for a job cuz usa sucks with jobs the government is a joke. the president is a ******* and has not done shit for us like he said. oh wait thats the same for all polititions. srry i got side tracked there but it pisses me off i can't get a job there is near 1 million people in michigan with out a job and that are searching for a job the chances of finding a job is a joke in itself. i have no food no heat and it's winter fml and i have bills to pay lol but again side tracked lol canada rocks i guess is all i am saying there seems to not be as much corruption there than there is here and a person can actually make a honest living there

lordyosch 02-23-2011 03:09 PM

This is an interesting thread for a Brit. (hey, we made you guys! *ducks for cover*)

Its odd because the USA gets all the press, Canada is like the quiet guy next door. I've never visited either of your countries but I'd love to - mostly for the empty spaces, not the cities. Cities are the same everywhere.

I think all neighbouring countries dig at each other. England/Scotland England/Wales England/France... hmm, maybe its just us English!

(holland/belgium/france/germany squabble too!)

Jay

desjardo 02-24-2011 05:59 AM

This is old thread but...

I spent some time playing rugby in scotaland, wales, england, ireland... Way too fun...

All the people were great, and I learned a lot... Had no idea the scots were scots, the welsh were welsh and such... Was very good experience for a youngster..

Rango88 02-24-2011 06:07 AM

A Proposition if I may, How about we ALL get along since we all drive rangers and enjoy, whether its the N-A version, The S-A Version, etc Single Cab, King cab, 4 Door, 4 cyl. v6 Diesel, 2wd and 4wd. It doesn't matter "Eh" ;)

GenHornet18 02-24-2011 02:10 PM

@desjardo: Did you say it's too cold in Canada? Shrug your head in shame. I've been from coast to coast and there is nothing like waking up in the mourning, going outside and watching your coffee develop ice cubes. It's the north buddy, we're bred for the cold.

As for all this country dispute, we're joint on everything, allies till the end, but I still like Obama better then Harper (he's got more balls to actually stand up to other bitching politicians). I'm just waiting for the revolution to come...