Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Hit and run attempt (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/20075-hit-run-attempt.html)

Coleosis 11-05-2010 12:43 AM

Hit and run attempt

Oh my fucking god....Im so fucking pissed right now...Justgot back from a bar where someone smashed into my truck...then drove away...not knowing I was in the car right next to it...I chased that fucking **** down and never came so close to hitting a girl in my fucking life....Got her insudrance info after threatening to call the cops on her drunk ass...she better go home and thank every god fathomed by man I didnt fucking smash her face in because my sister was there.

4evermodding 11-05-2010 12:52 AM

Re: Hit and run attempt

regardless, her insurance can be out of dat, never ever trust a piece of paper, my advice is to always get the drivers license and call the police, you allowed a drunk driver to leave the scene after your contact, and she could have easily continued down the road and killed someone, think next time and always call the cops.

Coleosis 11-05-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4evermodding (Post 236537)
regardless, her insurance can be out of dat, never ever trust a piece of paper, my advice is to always get the drivers license and call the police, you allowed a drunk driver to leave the scene after your contact, and she could have easily continued down the road and killed someone, think next time and always call the cops.

well...i kinda attacker her...Chased her down and caught her at a red light...Had her pulled halfway out the window before my sister knocked me away...i didnt see male or female...I saw red...After threatening to call the cops, got her insurance card...my sister also wrote down some other stuff cause i was irate...gonna call when the sun comes up...my tag, tag light, weld-in roll pan, and tailgate is all fucked.

4evermodding 11-05-2010 01:04 AM

okay great, glad you are okay you and your sister, she could have easily injured you guys much worst.

Coleosis 11-05-2010 01:15 AM

yeah...thank God my sister was there or i would have likely done something id regret (more so than already)...i regret putting hands on her, but it probably wouldnt have stopped at me pulling her out of the car....i didnt even realize it was a girl until my sister shoved me...i just saw a person than hit my truck and sped off and reached in.

2002 2WD Edge 11-05-2010 01:18 AM

Cole....sorry....shows you shouldn't park in a bar parking lot though...because of potentially impaired drivers. I forget what the limit of damage is here...before you should call the police. The police will tell you though that a parking lot is a different situation than on the street..it is private property. So you got her info..address too?....if possible go to her place tomorrow (later today actually!) and show her the damage to your truck. Keep calm..and explain it...her vehicle probably is damaged to. You also have a witness right?...Don't be threatening. The best option for her, and her insurance cost would be to pay for the damage herself..unless it is too much.

Coleosis 11-05-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2002 2WD Edge (Post 236546)
Cole....sorry....shows you shouldn't park in a bar parking lot though...because of potentially impaired drivers. I forget what the limit of damage is here...before you should call the police. The police will tell you though that a parking lot is a different situation than on the street..it is private property. So you got her info..address too?....if possible go to her place tomorrow (later today actually!) and show her the damage to your truck. Keep calm..and explain it...her vehicle probably is damaged to. You also have a witness right?...Don't be threatening. The best option for her, and her insurance cost would be to pay for the damage herself..unless it is too much.

thats not an option...she already tried to run, so im not going to make any further contact with her. Going to deal with the insurance company...if they wont own up...then we will go to court...got her vin, insurance card with an address and all that.

2002 2WD Edge 11-05-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleosis (Post 236547)
thats not an option...she already tried to run, so im not going to make any further contact with her. Going to deal with the insurance company...if they wont own up...then we will go to court...got her vin, insurance card with an address and all that.

Ya..that's true..about her leaving the scene of the accident she caused...I was thinking of more decent people...even if they were impaired who would not have done that. You may want to phone the police and ask for advise though. They may tell you that you should do it differently.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4evermodding (Post 236537)

That is so..but ironically if she got busted shortly later for impaired driving..her insurance would be invalid. So sue her...depends..you can't get blood out of a stone.

----------

Such things can take a very long time through the court(s)...years sometimes. Whereas an agreement to pay for the damage 'out of pocket' can be done as quick as a body shop can do the repairs. The claimant should be free to get estimates from at least 3 shops. Not necessarily choosing the most expensive...but what appears to be the best work. I've been there!

Coleosis 11-05-2010 01:55 AM

idk...i just feel like hell for putting my hands on a chick...i didnt know it was a girl...it happened so fast...and it was seriously a couple seconds from getting her on the ground and stomping on her head....I just feel like shit.

drppdyllwrngr 11-05-2010 03:38 AM

sometimes insurance companies won't take a claim without a police report. i know here in NC, you have so many hours after the fact to file one.

More_Cowbell 11-05-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr (Post 236562)
sometimes insurance companies won't take a claim without a police report. i know here in NC, you have so many hours after the fact to file one.

i belive its 24 Hrs

2002 2WD Edge 11-05-2010 01:24 PM

Ya Cole..you may want to phone the police and ask for advise as soon as possible. As far as being totally truthful..and telling them about you touching her...maybe?...don't know. But it is understandable that you would be really pissed when she left the scene and then followed in pursuit. I sincerely hope you the best possible outcome!!!! John

----------

Also at this point she is safe from getting a DUI...but maybe not a charge of leaving the scene of an accident..of her fault!!! That could give you some bargaining power.

----------

Hope you are online soon..before these numbers/people/offices close. You can phone them..tell the whole truth and get advise. The police of course are available 24/7. So try here 1st.

http://www.usattorneylegalservices.c...-Oklahoma.html

----------

Just reread that site....it is meant for low-income and seniors. But they may still advise you over the phone as to what you should do.

southbama man 11-05-2010 01:24 PM

Man going to court might just hurt you along with her. She can sue for harassment, assault, and a list of other bullshit. You might also be in trouble for letting her ******* drive drunk. The best thing was to file a police report. I know it is too late for that. You might wanna think of another way out of this besides a lawsuit. I hope this turns out okay, best of luck to you.

2002 2WD Edge 11-05-2010 01:29 PM

If 2 of the other replies are right it maybe isn't too late since the 24hrs is not close to over since the event happened. Just hope Cole gets online and reads this soon!!!

azgilamonster 11-05-2010 02:37 PM

that sucks, I would contact the police but would not mention touching her at all, don't incriminate yourself
she probably doesn't even remember