Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Landlord Troubles (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/19677-landlord-troubles.html)

stephen 10-28-2010 11:30 PM

Landlord Troubles

ok i know this is completely irrelevant to rangers and some of you think keep your drama to your face book and shit but i dont have one and dont know what else to do. most of you are adults and and are mature and and i really need some advice. i know its long but i dont know what to do.

ok so i live in a trailer park. there is a rule about no parking on the streets. every morning for about 20 minutes my mom parks in front of the house because she leaves and returns and it significantly easier with the whole everyone leaving and timing annd pulling out and stuff in the morning if shes stays there for the 20 minutes.

ok so at about 930pm at night im parked in front of the house for 5 minutes because my mom had to leave for 5 minutes and i hadnt pulled in yet because she just got back. yet at about 940pm the manager to the park comes banging on my door. i say who is it and she yells "ITS THE PARK MANAGER". first off ive always hated her shes a super bitch. i answer and say whats the issue or somethign like that calmly. she yells back "you cant park on the street, the maintanance people have claimed that there has been someone parked in front of the house everyday in the mourning and were going to start towing" keep in mind shes yelling everything at me. im like "ok ill go move my truck right now" and she yells back "youve got ten minutes or were towing" in like "im just going to go get my keys im moving it right now" i go out there and i go foward and try to turn around and when i do shes blocking the street in front of me intentionally im like fuck this so i just go around her and go back inside.

part 2.
right after i get inside there are loud ass fucking bangs on my front door. i open it and say "WHAT!?" she replys somethign like "how dare you act like that in our park" aand i say what are you talking about. she replyed "your driving like a maniac" i said "no im not your the one on the wrong side of the road" she then says "i need to speak to your mother" i ask why she says if i dont speak to her i will EVICT YOU!" i say "give me a reason why this concerns her" she didnt know it was her car out there in the mourning and i deal with my own problems and this situation has nothing to do with her. she keeps going so i go and get my mom. when my mom shows up the manager says to her "you need to deal with your son, he is disrespectful and is acting like a child" shes still yelling while im staying relativity calm. i replyed "i will be respectful when i am approached respectfully" she then says "how dare you talk to a 57 year old that way" i replyed your age is irrelevant" and she replys "how dare you talk to me like that, i have an 81 year old man in my car and how dare you drive like that" i say "drive like what" she says "you were speeding" and i said "no i wasnt you were the one on the wrong side of the road" then she keeps yelling at my mom about how much of a child i am and how im so disrespectful and how my mom is a bad parent. at this point i calmly say i want the number for your superior. she then say "fine" so i get a pen and paper and she writes it down. then i ask "can you put your name on top so i can know exactly who it is that i am calling about when i talk to you." she then says "you know what fuck you you can take this number and shove it up your ass" i say "if you do not give me your superiors number i am going to call the better business burro and report this as well as call you boss" she said do it "im not afraid of you." i reply "then why wont you give me the number?" she said because she didnt have to. she then starts making personal attacks towards my mom, bringing up some stuff that happened with her x-husband and my sister. i say "you are making personal attacks that are completely irrelevant towards this conflict" and then she says that im being irrelevant.then she said shell see me in court and i replied "for what?" she said "because im going to take you to court" and i keep asking why and her final response was "just because" she refused to give me a real reason. at that point i said that im going to be calling the BBB tomorrow as well as her superior and that i have nothing left to say to her. and then i closed the door.

im so fucking mad right now i want to punch a whole in the fucking wall. i called the sheriffs department asking if there is anything that they can do about it and they said no, they said that if my mom calls that they can not legally deny her the number.i got the number for the BBB and im going to call tomorrow.

fuck im so mad and i dont know what to do. i cant afford to get evicted and theres no reason i should go to court.

sorry im too tired and stressed to proof read and the spelling probably sucks. im too tired for this shit. 45 hours of work a week plus full time school. plus this stupid shit. and to add to it my boss just called and said he changed my schedule and now im working 430pm-1am tomorrow and come in on saturday at 8am till whenever the fuck i leave. fuck my life.

but please, any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated. im stressed and exhausted and dont know what to do.

Demon-FX4 10-29-2010 12:01 AM

Re: god damn it. f*ck!

this is fucked up man call the bbb and the owner of the park. she should not have done that. dude let us know whats going on.

vapiper 10-29-2010 12:54 AM

Not sure about Cali, but I'm sure most states eviction laws are similar. You have no worries about getting evicted....unless you have not paid your rent or something to that extent. Sounds like the usual "tough land manager" personality that has a superiority complex as a lot of them do. Most likely as long as you all have not violated any terms of the lease there's absoulfuckinglutly nothing they can do. Be calm, be as respectufl as you can...and don't let her push buttons that will cause YOU to do something stupid.

But chances are you and your family are perfectly fine. Do the right thing..go through BBB and get a hold of the management company, most likely a simple google search of the property, or through your county's tax papers (it's all open to the public) of who owns the land....and do the proper notifications of her actions.

People are finding a hard time paying rent/mortgages these days....so chances are (I assume you guys are all paid up) they don't want to kick out a good payer and have an open spot that needs rented

Just keep your cool and do the right thing.

stephen 10-29-2010 01:09 AM

yeah im going to call the BBB tomorrow. i couldnt find the number anywhere for her boss and my mom is going to call about the number tomorrow to get it. im good at keeping my cool during the situation its just afterward i let it out and i want to punch everything.

the sheriffs department said that is she filed for eviction it would have to go to court. and since there really is no valid reason for us to get evicted im not that worried.

as for the superiority complex. its pretty obvious that's what shes doing. she keep going on about how shes 57 or whatever and how shes the adult and that im just some stupid disrespectful child and at some point even said that she "owns" the park when she clearly stated prior that she was the manager when i asked for her superiors number. i was talking with my mom after all this happened and she thinks that the landlord probably isnt used to confrontation and thats why she got so erratic and upset. i dont know. i just cant let myself submit to idiots. someone comes up to me and starts yelling and talking shit to me i can just stand there like a kicked puppy and give in. especially when i know im right. i just cant do it.

Masteratarms93 10-29-2010 08:26 AM

what a bunch of BS

DieHard4rd 10-29-2010 08:38 AM

In Iowa. They can evict you for anything. They just have to give you 60 days notice.

littleblue 10-29-2010 10:32 AM

Are you on a lease or month to month rental? In CA a month to month rental doesn't require a reason to evict (read your rental contract because there are usually a lot of fine print reasons), but they must give a 30 day legal written notice to evict. If you don't leave after the 30 days, then they must give a written 3 day notice to vacate. If you don't leave after that then it gets into the legal realm and going to court for a judge to issue an order to vacate the premise. The landlord or their agent can serve that and if that doesn't work they can go to the local sheriff/marshall and pay them to physically evict you. The whole process can take a couple of months on the outside.

Don't bother with the BBB because they aren't usually much help in landlord/tennant disputes. Your best bet is contant a landord/tennant rights organization. CA has a lot of them and they can advise you of your exact legal rights and obligations. A lot of them will also work as mediators in solving problems and helping you remain in your home if it comes to that.

If you lease you need to check your lease agreement for reasons that the landlord can break the lease. Leases are more complex, but you still have rights and obligations under the law that are protected.

I used to live in CA and managed an apartment building before going into law enforcement, so I've seen both sides of landlord/tennant problems. The landlord/tennant rights org.s are a great resource and highly recommend them. The main thing is to continue what your doing and keeping your cool. Don't antagonize the manager at all if possible and try to have an independent witness whenever you communicate with her.

JMHO

stephen 10-29-2010 01:52 PM

so as an update of what ive done today. i called the park office and demanded the number. she didnt want give it to me and i asked again and she asked for my number so that she may call me back later and i said no and that she is required by law to give me the number. and after a few minutes of nothing she gave it to me.

so i call the guy at his office number and i guess he is out on a field day or something and hasnt called me back yet.

i researched a couple tenet rights organization and cant figure out what to do with them. so im just going to wait to hear from the other other guy before i do anything else. im glad i wrote this last night because this way i wont forget what happened.

mickblock 10-29-2010 04:12 PM

Harassment. You dealt with a bully who tried to antagonize you into acting belligerent so that she could continue to lord over you. She even went so far as to, in effect, threaten to start harassing your mother if harassing you wasn't gonna make you blow it. All that after you did what she asked. But you can tell she knew she blew it when you remained calm and asked for her boss's number. OOPS.

Sorry your mother had to listen to that hogwash.

2002 2WD Edge 10-29-2010 04:29 PM

Wow Stephen I hope you do OK. Do you have neighbors who have witnessed some of this? Whatever you do..don't lose it!!! Some good advise was given by others. Please keep us posted. What state do you live in? and county..municipality? I don't suppose you have a video camera? I hope you are on good terms with your neighbors..that could be of great help if you talk to them about this. John Thanks to the internet...her life could become Hell if necessary..but more by way of others..not you.

2002 2WD Edge 10-29-2010 04:42 PM

If other tenants agree she is a bad manager that could make the owner consider firing her as such..maybe even evict her. And there would be a manager opening for the park!

Brianxlt 10-29-2010 05:52 PM

Sorry to hear that
[QUOTE=so i call the guy at his office number and i guess he is out on a field day or something and hasnt called me back yet. QUOTE]

Don't wait! on them - If she is truly that bad and you were truly that good then she is wrong, the park management needs to know what she is pulling right away. if you wait on them then it must not be that bad (it can wait). I would call twice a day and do as much research to get a good number/name to talk with someone. Tax adjuster/court records of owner - who do you make the checks out to? You can also file a grievance with the courts about her behavior (is this a first time event and maybe she just came off her meds) list and include any and all events leading up to this one.

you mentioned something about your sister and her x-husband – could this be the root of the problem and she is taking it out on you? That would be something to consider if or when it goes to court.

Coleosis 10-29-2010 10:56 PM

She can take you to court...probably will if you get her fired...which I recommend you doing. Because she will then take you to court, and you will show up to court and she will not have a case, and she will be stuck with the court fees....Then you can walk out of that court room smiling from ear to ear that she failed at sueing you and probably going to lose her job when the lot owner hears about this. They say that trailer parks are full of white trash, but the most trashy people I ever seen in the trailer parks are the god damn people running them.

If it went down like you said, you did nothing wrong...she is just trying to get you mad so you will do something wrong...DONT DO SOMETHING WRONG! If she says you were speeding, say no you werent and you didnt even move far enough to pick up enough speed to be speeding...if she says you did a burnout, make sure she has the pictures of the skidmarks and proof they were from your car, and continue to deny. They will eventually throw the case out.

stephen 10-30-2010 01:28 AM

some asked where i live. i live in los angeles county, california.

i am on good terms with my one neighbor on the west side. i talked to her today and she has had similar problems with her. she said she has talked to the park owner before and that from that experiance she thinks that it will do nothing. she says hes just some young guy who was probably just handed the buisness and really doesnt give a flying fuck about any of this. i called him several times today. the last time i called the secritary said that he has recieved the message and that he has just been to busy to do anything about it. i said it need to be delt with now and that i was his email address so i can just email it to him. she then refused and said hell call me on monday. i had no time to deal with it because i was on my way to work and said i will be calling on monday if i have not heard from him.

some one said make sure im good with the neighbors. i only talk to the one. the one across the street is a major peeping tom that keeps watch on everyone and is best friends with the manager. the same as well as her neighbor. the manager mentioned my sister. my sister has been arrested one or two times and none of the incidents include the park in any manor. so she wouldnt have any kind of documentation on anything about that. she bases her arguments on hear-say and second hand gosip. my neighbor said today that about 2 months ago the manager accused her brother of hitting someones little brick wall with his truck and that she had 3 eye witnesses to it. her brother had left a week prior to this event on a trip to tennessee. she then said it was her sons truck that hit it. but her and her whole family where at her sisters house for the past few days. im just like what the fuck is this. you cant accuse people based on hear say gossip.

as for speeding i checked for skid marks and there werent any.

i want her fired. i dont think it will happen. i dont want to have to go to court. i dont have the time and cant afford to miss much work really.

my moms been thinking about putting the place up for sale any ways and getting a smaller apartment. but now im pretty sure she will, hopefully. vacation home anyone?

stephen 10-30-2010 01:30 AM

and thank you everyone for your help.