Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/)
-   -   Sports Fans?! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/1925-sports-fans.html)

Jay FX4 08-08-2009 09:25 AM

Sports Fans?!

We're hardly taking advantage of the Off Topic forum, and that's a crime! I'm a member of a couple other forums that would love to have an off topic section.

So what's everyone's favorite sport/team?

I'm a big basketball fan. I love the Suns and of course the Pistons. Also, this is Hockeytown, so I love the Red Wings, too.

STL 08-08-2009 09:48 AM

Baseball is my sprot of choice and the St. Louis Cardinals are my team

We also have the Springfield Cardinals here which is the double a team of the St. Louis Cardinals

I like to watch basketball but mostly college

mr.ranger 08-08-2009 10:18 AM

hockey all way!!! NHL just pwns all other leagues
and i like the leafs and avalanche

mr.ranger 08-08-2009 10:18 AM

good idea, we should take more advantage of this off-topic section

scooby stew 08-08-2009 11:43 AM

used ot love watching karate my son used to do koren karate first dan black belt went round world doing it won world title age 13 in mexico beating guys from the usa and canada came second in the dominian second in paris the went on to do tkd as black strips one under belt of black at 15 he held the regional title i also like 2 watch motor gp come [rossi] and f1 just started watching baseball on tv from the usa

Jay FX4 08-08-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 8816)
Baseball is my sprot of choice and the St. Louis Cardinals are my team

Ah, the team that beat my Tigers in the Series.... :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.ranger (Post 8821)
hockey all way!!! NHL just pwns all other leagues
and i like the leafs and avalanche

Wings/Avs had one hell of a rivalry a few years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby stew (Post 8834)
used ot love watching karate my son used to do koren karate first dan black belt went round world doing it won world title age 13 in mexico beating guys from the usa and canada came second in the dominian second in paris the went on to do tkd as black strips one under belt of black at 15 he held the regional title i also like 2 watch motor gp come [rossi] and f1 just started watching baseball on tv from the usa

That would be pretty sweet to watch live karate! Since you're from UK I was going to ask you if you watch F1. I love open-wheel racing but for reasons I'll never understand, NASCAR is huge in the states.

scooby stew 08-08-2009 04:58 PM

hi jay dont understand it to bunched up not like f1. karate was full contact my son also din wepohs got a houesful of cups and medals

STL 08-08-2009 05:05 PM

Is F1 racing different than Indy Car racing?

I don't mind nascar, but I prefer to watch the road races vs. the oval tracks

Jay FX4 08-09-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 8864)
Is F1 racing different than Indy Car racing?

I don't mind nascar, but I prefer to watch the road races vs. the oval tracks

F1 and Indy are very similar. There's a few differences with the cars. And F1 tours the world, the races start from a standstill, they race in the rain, stuff like that.
I've never been into NASCAR because the cars are slow (compared to open wheel cars), too bulky and they can't turn worth a damn. Plus I don't consider plowing into people for position to be "strategy". I suppose everybody likes a good crash if nobody gets hurt, but if I wanted to watch cars banging into each other, I'd watch a demolition derby!

mr.ranger 08-09-2009 02:14 PM

good points, those demolition derbys sure are fun
i'd love to enter one

STL 08-09-2009 02:27 PM

Okay I have seen a F1 race then. It was going then started raining and they came in and changed to a tread tire.

I like the starts at a dead stop.

mr.ranger 08-25-2009 04:29 PM

yeah, i also prefer F1 racing to nascar but what about monster trucks and there competitions!!!!!