Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Inside light (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/18596-inside-light.html)

TMO 10-10-2010 07:00 AM

Inside light

For some reason the light on the inside roof of my truck doesnt go out at all. this just randomly started last night and now i have to disconnect the battery to make it turn off. What could cause that?

drppdyllwrngr 10-10-2010 07:03 AM

Re: Inside light

the switch in the door latch. spray the latch with some wd40, close and open several times. should be good as new. very common problem with rangers.

Clinton 10-10-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr (Post 215027)
the switch in the door latch. spray the latch with some wd40, close and open several times. should be good as new. very common problem with rangers.

Agreed

ZWilson07 10-10-2010 07:05 AM

is the knob on ur dash turned all the way up? I know that sounds dumb and ud b like man Id know if I turned the dial all the way up to turn the light on. but Ive seen it many of times and have got out of the truck and locked it, then have to unlock the truck n go back in to turn that dial down and the dome light off. just a thought it happens alot lol

drppdyllwrngr 10-10-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZWilson07 (Post 215029)
is the knob on ur dash turned all the way up? I know that sounds dumb and ud b like man Id know if I turned the dial all the way up to turn the light on. but Ive seen it many of times and have got out of the truck and locked it, then have to unlock the truck n go back in to turn that dial down and the dome light off. just a thought it happens alot lol

that could be it as well...

TMO 10-17-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZWilson07 (Post 215029)

Yeah dude you were actually right I figured that out yesterday. Thanks man

ZWilson07 10-17-2010 08:32 PM

ha you will totally feel pretty dumb afterwards. I do it alot when I go to work and turn on the dome light with the truck off to look for something before I get out and then I get out and close the door and the light stays on because its still turned up. and I have to unlock the truck and roll it down over that little hump section. but its all good man, good that nothings broke.

TMO 10-18-2010 07:13 PM

Yeah i feel like an idiot for sure. But yeah it could be worse. precciate the help guys