Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   1st post, estiimate value of this truck (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/18133-1st-post-estiimate-value-truck.html)

yocalif 09-30-2010 04:21 PM

1st post, estiimate value of this truck

This is my first post here at fordrangerforums (already did an intro post).

I would like a little validation on my purchase, so I will give you the details and let you estimate possible value for this truck. If you have special knowledge about this year and series of trucks, please share as it will help me know how to maintain my truck. I spent a month searching Craigslist & Ebay, with the following criteria Ranger with extended cab, man tran, V-6, less than 75,000 miles, and within my budget. I actually looked at several trucks but all were disappointing and mis-represented by their owners. Finally I found the truck below.

First you need to know what I bought a truck for, I used to fish a lot in So.Calif had 20' ocean center console, and when moved to N.Calif due to money and time practically gave up fishing. I want to buy 16-18' alum fishing boat and fish. So towing a boat, hauling for home projects, and driving to work.

I know some of you hard core 4 wheelin fans think a truck is only worthy if its going to be used in the dirt.
The below truck wasn't purchased for that use.

Here is the vehicle specs.
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2WD, 4.0L Man/T, 52,046 (verified) miles, Stepside bed. A/C, Tinted windows, 6 CD/MP3 Audio system, pwr steer, man windows & locks. I think it has magnaflow exhaust system. Super Clean, Body Super Clean except marks on tail gate. Truck was taken to shop and gone over by professional mechanic who said he couldn't find a thing wrong with the truck, it had been well taken care of and maintained by previous owner.
I found the truck 200 miles from home, drove home, and immediately popped hood, usually on older vehicles you can smell something that may be leaking or burning, NOTHING no smell just a warm engine. This truck drives and feels almost new, everything is tight and clean.

Below is some pics, what would you pay for this truck?

click on pic for larger & more pics
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6564/dscf1048q.th.jpg

If you see spots it is most likely dirt on my camera lens.
The pontoon boat is the neighbors.
I am sorry for the shadows, I took these photos yest. morning before the sun was really up.

Clinton 09-30-2010 04:24 PM

Re: 1st post, estiimate value of this truck

Really nice truck. I would have to say around 6k

RangerJustin 09-30-2010 04:29 PM

Between 6 & 7k

STL 09-30-2010 04:50 PM

The bed cover is missing the bars that go across to keep it up

What is with the yellow thing under the armrest on the center console.

I would say around 7K also

azgilamonster 09-30-2010 05:26 PM

my guess was it bit lower since not 4x4 so I took off a grand.

what did you get it for?

Lonncarr 09-30-2010 05:32 PM

Um...guess we will never know....lol!

joldtown 09-30-2010 05:46 PM

Nice truck, but that beast of a pontoon is gonna kill it (please god no).
I'd say also 6-7k.

joldtown 09-30-2010 05:48 PM

Never mind the pontoon thing. I have lose interest while reading syndrome. I see that it's your best friends boat now.

ranger5572 09-30-2010 05:49 PM

One Hundred Millions Dollars

Maniac 09-30-2010 05:50 PM

agreed with the guys above.

2004xlmiller 09-30-2010 06:03 PM

id buy that if id have found it. i think its worth around 7k.

crowdpleazer 09-30-2010 06:17 PM

i see your $100mill and raise you $50

TerrenceStuart 09-30-2010 06:24 PM

Falco51 09-30-2010 07:44 PM

i'd say 8k just because i don't wanna be like everybody else. haha.

darangerdanger 09-30-2010 07:52 PM

I bought my 03 2wd edge a year ago for 8 even. It had 33k on the clock and not a single knick or scratch Mines the 3.0 too. I've put over 20k on it in a year and it still bluebooks for what I paid for it :)

That being said with yours being a year older and alittle higher miles and the 4.0 I would say $7500. Still below bluebook for sure!