Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Cleaning and Detailing (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/)
-   -   What is up with the streaks? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/18056-streaks.html)

LayBaks402 09-29-2010 05:06 AM

What is up with the streaks?

Ive got a 06 yellow ranger and keeping it clean isnt the easiest thing ever. The biggest problem i have is the side cab windows. When it rains the water goes down and around the sides of the glass and leave streaks down the side of my truck. My windows dont open and there isnt a flush gasket around the window. is there suppose to be a gasket? any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Clinton 09-29-2010 05:41 AM

Re: What is up with the streaks?

If its running down the inside of the extended cab doors then you have a leaky seal. If you pop the interior moulding off, that glass should be held on by screws and a rubbery type glue. See if thats the case then get door seal glue and see if you can put another bead of it around the window. Also check the door seal itself, above the actual seal there is an extra tube like seal that is glued to the top in line where the two doors meet when they are closed. You may be missing that piece. If its on the outside, Yes water usually lays in the bottom after washing it, you can stuff paper towels in there to absorb it or blow it out with a compressor.

01DangerRanger 09-29-2010 06:07 AM

well said clinton!! ya keeping a yellow truck clean isnt the easiest thing haha

LayBaks402 09-29-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 205970)
If its on the outside, Yes water usually lays in the bottom after washing it, you can stuff paper towels in there to absorb it or blow it out with a compressor.

so there isnt anything i can put in there to stop the streaks?

Clinton 09-29-2010 09:03 AM

Do you mean prevent water from settling in there so it doesn't run down the side of your truck?

Fx4wannabe01 09-29-2010 09:47 AM

Mine does the same. They go away when I wash the truck. I've noticed it on all 4dr truck's quarter windows. Two milky whitish streaks on each bottom corner of the glass on the body. It's not a seal issue, it's just the way it "relieves" itself of water. That actually means the window urethane is doing it's job! lol.

I don't really have any pics to share but the description and what I'm envisioning in my head makes me think we're thinking the same thing.

ER95 09-29-2010 11:47 AM

Make sure your seals are clean, when water runs down the side of it, dirt and other debree will become caught in the ''wash out''.

Same thing with emblems and other ''pockets''

Here is something similar, except it's fuel and dirt I suppose.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h/IMG_0106.jpg

Fx4wannabe01 09-29-2010 09:43 PM

Like this??

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/DSC_0387.jpg

Ranger Sport 09-29-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 (Post 206575)

that's fucking annoying

mine does it each side of the window (not the center though)

plus the locks

even after a good wash if i'm not careful to dry it up forever with a Qtip..lol

Fx4wannabe01 09-29-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Sport (Post 206584)
that's fucking annoying

mine does it each side of the window (not the center though)

plus the locks

even after a good wash if i'm not careful to dry it up forever with a Qtip..lol

Dude....ever since I started actually caring for my paint and drying the truck after a wash, all those little BS areas piss me off!!! The 4th windows, the mirrors, fuel door, bed rails, etc. lol.

I didn't notice mine does it in the center until when I was taking the pic. lol.

Clinton 09-29-2010 10:22 PM

yeah it sucks. stuff those spots with paper towel while you dry the truck. That what I do, even on the sideview mirror cracks. Then I go a little farther by opening and closing the doors and I get it all. Time consuming and my neighb ors think I am retarded for closing the doors over and over, but hey.....NO DRIPPY!

LayBaks402 09-30-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 (Post 206575)

exactly!

FX4 09-30-2010 06:53 AM

Get yourself a leaf blower... it helps and saves time. That way you can actually blow all of the water out of the spots you know it collects.

01DangerRanger 09-30-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FX4 (Post 206704)
Get yourself a leaf blower... it helps and saves time. That way you can actually blow all of the water out of the spots you know it collects.

haha i do that! it works great :D

DieHard4rd 09-30-2010 07:01 AM

I have a leaf blower. Will give it a try for drying the truck.