Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   rangers are no longer being made (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/17683-rangers.html)

smsranger 09-20-2010 09:00 PM

rangers are no longer being made

so appearently the ford ranger is no longer going to be made after 2011. here is a link to the the info.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/20/u..._lnk1%7C171681

Ranger_EDGE 09-20-2010 09:07 PM

Re: rangers are no longer being made

this has been the talk for the last 3 years. holden my breath still

smsranger 09-20-2010 09:09 PM

realy? sorry this is the first i head bout it

Tom 09-20-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE (Post 200737)
this has been the talk for the last 3 years. holden my breath still

Exactly. Autoblog has been writing the same articles for at least 3 years, using exactly the same format... take quotes out of context, explain why that quote really means something else, act as if they have the inside scoop. It's truly a great marketing scheme as everytime they do it they get tons of traffic to their website and for some reason everyone has been believing them that "this is the last year of the Ranger" for years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsranger (Post 200739)
realy? sorry this is the first i head bout it

No need to apologize, it's still a good read. Plus it was just posted today...

TerrenceStuart 09-21-2010 02:14 AM

the ford ranger plant has had 2 repreives from ford: one in 2006, the other in 2009. A third repreive is highly unlikely, in fact, improbable.
be thankful the truck was given 5 extra years than when it was originally slated to die.

many auto manufacturers end vehicle productions. it happens, we move on.

03crewcabranger 09-21-2010 06:00 AM

Thing is they kill vehicles that suck. I wonder why they brought the Taurus back and killed the Five Hundred? At least I'll believe that 'Ford kills the Ranger' crap until something is officially said by Ford.

05RangerEdge 09-21-2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03crewcabranger (Post 200862)
Thing is they kill vehicles that suck. I wonder why they brought the Taurus back and killed the Five Hundred? At least I'll believe that 'Ford kills the Ranger' crap until something is officially said by Ford.

It was essentially the same class of car. Basically just switched back to a more popular name. They brought the "Sedan" back and called it some fancy name (Five Hundred) it didnt sell. Changed it to the original/old "Taurus" name and bingo. At least that's how i see it. As far as the Rangers go i can only hope they have something new and better in mind to replace it.

speedfreak87 09-21-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge (Post 200863)
It was essentially the same class of car. Basically just switched back to a more popular name. They brought the "Sedan" back and called it some fancy name (Five Hundred) it didnt sell. Changed it to the original/old "Taurus" name and bingo. At least that's how i see it. As far as the Rangers go i can only hope they have something new and better in mind to replace it.

It did work. Now for the new taurus, not so sure, I don't see many of them on the roads.. My guess would be priced to high. still a nice car though..

sgtsandman 09-21-2010 09:16 AM

For the Ranger to be such a "poor" selling vehicle, I see a lot of them on the road. The Ranger does need updated but if Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota can still sell a small to mid sized truck successfuly, why can't Ford?

Tom 09-21-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtsandman (Post 200911)
For the Ranger to be such a "poor" selling vehicle, I see a lot of them on the road. The Ranger does need updated but if Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota can still sell a small to mid sized truck successfuly, why can't Ford?

Well the argument is that if you remove the Ranger from the equation that you will instead just see more F-150s on the road which I believe is a more profitable truck for Ford.

STL 09-21-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03crewcabranger (Post 200862)

All they did was peal the five hundred badge off and slap on a Taurus badge.

I read a article on it. The Taurus name was popular and it was a hot seller before.

Simonzpal 09-21-2010 09:23 AM

personaly i do not believe Ford would kill off the Ranger, it is the only american compact truck out there.

03crewcabranger 09-21-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 200914)
All they did was peal the five hundred badge off and slap on a Taurus badge.

I read a article on it. The Taurus name was popular and it was a hot seller before.

I read that one, too. My point is if they sell a Ranger everywhere else but the States, and the F-150 sales don't go up, they'll have to do something about it.

87bullsnkranger 09-21-2010 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonzpal (Post 200915)
personaly i do not believe Ford would kill off the Ranger, it is the only american compact truck out there.

well sad to say they are here's everyones official notice staight from ford motor company of canada.ltd.No more american rangers the era is gone for the LiL pickups we love,keep'em clean keep'em runnin,and make what we have last.

STL 09-21-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87bullsnkranger (Post 200924)
well sad to say they are here's everyones official notice staight from ford motor company of canada.ltd.No more american rangers the era is gone for the LiL pickups we love,keep'em clean keep'em runnin,and make what we have last.

Link??

I just went to the Ford website of Canada and saw nothing that said that.