Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Western Region (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/western-region/)
-   -   Pre Plan PNW Dunes (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/western-region/16777-pre-plan-pnw-dunes.html)

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 07:33 PM

Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
We are already talking about it, and we are taking up another thread. So I'm starting this thread so that we can get some ideas out there from those of us that went to this years meet, of what we could have done different, or want to do again. And for those that are going to try and come (because so many flaked out this year) what you would like to do. I am not planning the meet, I will help as I can, but I work long hours, and I am currently living in TN for the next couple years. So I can't claim to get this all rolling, and I don't want all the work to fall on Marie, I think we can all see that she does quite a bit for us in the PNW, and we all need to chip in on this.

I can say without a doubt we want to stay on the Dunes longer. I'd like to get there earlier, but that's more my personal preferance. We may want to go later in the season, although rain doesn't bother most of us PNW people, it may be nice to get some sunshine. And we need some 2wd guys...Aaron....to bring trucks too. There was a suggestion of changing to a different set of Dunes. I also know we want more concrete answers of yes or no, not so much of the maybe crap, or the "I'll see you there" and never show bullshit. If you are going to come, just own up and show up, no BS.

Anything I forgot....post it....here...meow....(haha had to get the Supertroopers plug in)

DisturbedESV 08-30-2010 08:18 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Damn!! This is early!! Even for me!! lol

I definitely did not suggest camping on the dunes 'cause I'm a girl and like toilets and showers... lol... but I can always work around that.

I suggested looking into renting a house and I found a few during my 5 minute search and it appears to be a lot cheaper but they were a few miles away so once we have solid dates I can always look into one in Florence.

I'm all about more time though... I had a blast and can't freakin' WAIT!!!

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 08:25 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedESV (Post 187060)
Damn!! This is early!! Even for me!! lol

I definitely did not suggest camping on the dunes 'cause I'm a girl and like toilets and showers... lol... but I can always work around that.

I suggested looking into renting a house and I found a few during my 5 minute search and it appears to be a lot cheaper but they were a few miles away so once we have solid dates I can always look into one in Florence.

I'm all about more time though... I had a blast and can't freakin' WAIT!!!

Me either! And early is better so I can request days off since I have to rally this beast cross country to get there!! I'm game for renting a house, although cheapness factor for me was already there lol I liked the camping aspect.

As for showers, grab your soap and jump in the Pacific! Toilets, find a tree...you're just as tough as we are Marie lol

I'd say if we are going to rent a house we need at least 8 people for sure coming or willing to pony up the dough for the place to stay.

And we need to come up with radios for those of us not wanting to install CBs, I'm getting mine soon....

Yongintiger 08-30-2010 08:40 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
i'd be down, just need details :D

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 08:41 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yongintiger (Post 187120)
i'd be down, just need details :D

Suggestions....and we need to plan for those that are not taking their trucks out on the Dunes...such as Rob (FoMoCo)

DisturbedESV 08-30-2010 09:06 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 187078)
Me either! And early is better so I can request days off since I have to rally this beast cross country to get there!! I'm game for renting a house, although cheapness factor for me was already there lol I liked the camping aspect.

Well yeah... I mean I wouldn't suggest it if it was super expensive... just another option..


Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 187078)
As for showers, grab your soap and jump in the Pacific! Toilets, find a tree...you're just as tough as we are Marie lol

I can do without the toilet part but I need a shower... and it's not happening in salt water....


Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 187078)
And we need to come up with radios for those of us not wanting to install CBs, I'm getting mine soon....

Yeah... definitely need a CB hook-up...

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 09:08 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedESV (Post 187174)
Well yeah... I mean I wouldn't suggest it if it was super expensive... just another option..

I can do without the toilet part but I need a shower... and it's not happening in salt water....

Yeah... definitely need a CB hook-up...

Wuss

And we need stickers....lol I need to make some that say FRF Longhauler....

DisturbedESV 08-30-2010 09:14 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Get a hold of Rob... or who's the other guy that was working on a design??

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 09:16 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedESV (Post 187198)
Get a hold of Rob... or who's the other guy that was working on a design??

Good question...

I forgot...oh well, we can get something figured out. We going to make the Pizza joint a tradition?

FoMoCo 08-30-2010 09:16 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
lol, i'd be down again

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 09:17 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoMoCo (Post 187205)
lol, i'd be down again

Stickers....

DisturbedESV 08-30-2010 09:25 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
It was Carl... it's in the PNW facebook group

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 09:29 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Well then we better get on him!!!

DisturbedESV 08-30-2010 09:33 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Umm.... you can... I'll be on someone else... lol

richarddhoward 08-30-2010 09:36 PM

Re: Pre Plan PNW Dunes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedESV (Post 187229)
Umm.... you can... I'll be on someone else... lol

Dirty.....

I'll pretend I didn't read that....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.