Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/)
-   -   Hub Centric Rings (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/16087-hub-centric-rings.html)

Brandon22685 08-16-2010 05:23 PM

Hub Centric Rings

Do they really work? Who has them and can give some feedback on them? I have never used them before so I am just curious...

Casper 08-16-2010 05:32 PM

Re: Hub Centric Rings

Rangers are Lug centric so I don't know if you need them

sgtsandman 08-16-2010 07:21 PM

Yes they work but I don't know who sells them. They help greatly in making sure the wheels are centered properly and prevent broken lug issues in the future.

If you can get wheels with the right off set, you won't need them. Spacers are a PITA from what I've been told.

JG122 08-22-2010 12:46 PM

are all Rangers lug-centric ?

2WD & 4WD

Casper 08-22-2010 10:01 PM

yes

FoMoCo 08-22-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtsandman (Post 175256)
Yes they work but I don't know who sells them. They help greatly in making sure the wheels are centered properly and prevent broken lug issues in the future.

If you can get wheels with the right off set, you won't need them. Spacers are a PITA from what I've been told.

i've never had an issue with breaking lugs, or wait i have always had factory wheels, no need for them

Renager 08-25-2010 03:30 PM

I just got back from getting American Racing Wheels put on and the mechanic pointed out to me that the A.M. wheels are not "Center Centric", but they are "Lug Centric". Needless to say, the car rides fine.. Should I look into these "rings" anyway?

Brandon22685 08-25-2010 08:24 PM

I hope Pacer Wheels are lug centric because those are the types of wheels on my truck.

FoMoCo 08-25-2010 10:19 PM

you don't need them

JG122 08-26-2010 07:30 AM

ah, so having the right taper & thickness lugs is key...?

Gonzos xlt 08-30-2010 05:14 AM

You could use hub-centric rings if the diameter of your after market wheels center hole is larger than the hub coming out of your axles. If this is the case, the wheel does not make an even/tight contact with the center hub. You don't really need them, but make sure that whomever is changing your wheels start the lug nuts by hand or they can easily strip the studs.

Renager 08-31-2010 08:05 PM

I just put american racing wheels on my 08 2wd and theres slight vibration goin on. So I ordered the hub centric rings. I hope they solve the issue.
Am I causing any damage to the studs by driving around without the rings right now?

Renager 09-01-2010 02:56 PM

anyone?

sgtsandman 09-02-2010 06:31 AM

In the short term, I think you will be fine. Just try to center the wheels as best as you can in the mean time to minimize the stress on the lugs.

01_ranger_4x4 09-02-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renager (Post 188265)
I just put american racing wheels on my 08 2wd and theres slight vibration goin on. So I ordered the hub centric rings. I hope they solve the issue.
Am I causing any damage to the studs by driving around without the rings right now?

you dont need the rings. as stated already ranger wheels are not hub centric they are lug centric, just like alsmost any aftermarket wheel you buy will be. the center hole on my mickey thomsons are larger than my hub and ive never had any issues or broken any studs. you will be just fine without them. the vibration is most likely a tire balance issue.