Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Audio / Video (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/)
-   -   CB?? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/15206-cb.html)

02SuperXLT 07-29-2010 06:35 PM

CB??

Does anybody use a CB Radio anymore? If so what are your favorite brands? and do you have any tips....
Thanks, Jeff:ciao:

btm757 07-29-2010 06:43 PM

Re: CB??

I use mine all the time... I have a Realistic and its old but it does the trick. if I buy a new one which I want to and Might it would have to be a Cobra hands down.

Ranger Sport 07-29-2010 07:06 PM

Uniden owns all, js

02SuperXLT 07-29-2010 07:12 PM

I was thinking about a Cobra Classic 29ltd or maybe the 29 Chrome. I am going to redo my headliner and build a custom overhead console and mout it up there. I will also mount a GPS and hard wire in my fuzzbuster to hang up front. I am also thinking about putting up one of those shelfs above the visors.

speedfreak87 07-30-2010 01:08 PM

I thought about a CB myself.. still on the fence about it.

schultzkenneth 08-01-2010 05:38 AM

I've got one, just a cheap Radioshack mini mobile i think it's called. It's about the size of a paperback book, can mount just about anywhere. Then i just popped a 3ft mag mount Radioshack antenna on the roof. It works pretty well. I've been able to pick up people in Canada on a good day. (about 40-50 miles as the crow flies over lake Huron) I pick up quite a few people to, course, i live in the sticks so, lol that might have something to do with it. i'll post a pic of the set-up once i figure out how to.

ranger5572 08-01-2010 06:05 AM

I think Cobra's are the favorite these days, but my Midland worked really good back in the day when all of my high school cronies and I would play CB tag all night long on the weekends. I had it mounted in my old '90 Ranger. It had the bare metal roof which made for a perfect mounting spot. Just ran the wires tucked up behind the glass and down the A pillar. Man I loved that truck....

schultzkenneth 08-01-2010 06:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That's my antenna and radio. Radio i got for like 30 or 40 bucks on sale, it's regular about 60. and antenna was 32. As far was what's better, the radio isn't as important as the antenna. a cobra 19 will work about the same as that $200 one with bluetooth if they have the same antenna. 3ft is about as short as i would go (mine is a 3) if i had to do it over again, i'd get a Wilson 3ft. just cause the base is a little smaller on it.

02SuperXLT 08-02-2010 08:40 AM

Thanks guys. I am going to watch some on ebay and get the best deal that i can
I am redoing the headliner with Black leather and a handmade Cherry overhead console. Next I am chopping a hunk off of mt split bench into a pair of buckets so that I can put in a matching floor console. I will post pics as i progress.