Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/)
-   -   Any hunters? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/15036-hunters.html)

southbama man 07-26-2010 12:18 AM

Any hunters?

Been doing a few things to get ready for huntin season. Then I started wondering if there are any hunters on FRF.

edgeman4.0 07-26-2010 07:23 AM

Re: Any hunters?

I hunt the most elusive prey imagineable... Golf balls.

ER95 07-26-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 161408)
I hunt the most elusive prey imagineable... Golf balls.

Haha! Well there isn't relly a place to hunt here in Florida :(

Unless your going for Gators or Pelicans :D

trcothorn 07-26-2010 10:16 AM

yes from november to about january if im not working or in school im in the stand

PhunkyMunky 07-26-2010 11:38 AM

Sure do! Well, I was LOL. Last few years have been a bit rough and has left me with no time to do so, but... This fall that'll be changing when I go back to school.

beef08 07-26-2010 12:42 PM

yup sept to halloween im deer hunting with the pops havent got one yet but my fav part is wheelin my truck around to the spots to hunt aha but still not all about getting up at 4 to go hunt i like my sleep

fordguyforever 07-26-2010 06:55 PM

yup i hunt whitetail deer, black bear, turkeys ive got 3 deer so far

rangerdanger745 07-26-2010 06:57 PM

yep whitetail, dove, turkey, and i love to fish!

01_ranger_4x4 07-26-2010 07:00 PM

i bow and rifle hunt whitetail. i also hunt turkey, squirrel and those damn pesky chipmunks that are digging up my yard.

beef08 07-26-2010 11:52 PM

yup mule and black tail deer here where i live

PhunkyMunky 07-27-2010 02:15 AM

Same here, Mulies and Blacktail. Some white tail out on the eastern half of the state.

Quote:

yup sept to halloween im deer hunting with the pops havent got one yet but my fav part is wheelin my truck around to the spots to hunt aha but still not all about getting up at 4 to go hunt i like my sleep
Hahaha I remember those days! My very first deer my dad woke me up asking me "You gonna shoot this deer or what" LOL. I did, brained him at 75 yards. Just a little 2 point. However, I never slept like that again, I felt a little embarrased and wanted to find my own deer, rather than my dad doing all the work LOL.

My favorite part of hunting tho was always the time I spent with my dad bouncing around them old logging roads and talking about everything under the sun. I was always disappointed once I got my deer (Provided my dad already got his) because that meant the end of the season and a return to normal life i guess. We don't hunt together anymore, however, I do have my 2 kids and in whatever capacity I can, I'll be doing the same thing. Heading for the hills to scout, or fish, or hunt, or goof off. It's good time spent with the kids, good for the kids to see things that aren't in the classroom, and maybe intill a bit of sportmanship and desire to conserve, and appreciate, what we have available to us.

01_ranger_4x4 07-27-2010 02:42 AM

this is the doe i took with my bow this past bow season. she dressed out at 130 lbs.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...14-09_1402.jpg

beef08 07-27-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhunkyMunky (Post 161913)
Same here, Mulies and Blacktail. Some white tail out on the eastern half of the state.

Hahaha I remember those days! My very first deer my dad woke me up asking me "You gonna shoot this deer or what" LOL. I did, brained him at 75 yards. Just a little 2 point. However, I never slept like that again, I felt a little embarrased and wanted to find my own deer, rather than my dad doing all the work LOL.

My favorite part of hunting tho was always the time I spent with my dad bouncing around them old logging roads and talking about everything under the sun. I was always disappointed once I got my deer (Provided my dad already got his) because that meant the end of the season and a return to normal life i guess. We don't hunt together anymore, however, I do have my 2 kids and in whatever capacity I can, I'll be doing the same thing. Heading for the hills to scout, or fish, or hunt, or goof off. It's good time spent with the kids, good for the kids to see things that aren't in the classroom, and maybe intill a bit of sportmanship and desire to conserve, and appreciate, what we have available to us.

yea my dad used to go when i was little alot but stopped cuz of work and 3 kids growin up with sports every weekend but started back up my senior year in highschool and its been 3 years and we both havent gotten one..theres just way too many hunters out here just gotta find out spot i guess

Bwad 07-27-2010 10:22 AM

There's mainly blacktail where i hunt at. I've been hunting for 5 years and have 2 blacktail under my belt. A zone opens the 2nd weekend of August and I am PUMPED!

It's my one time of the year to be country, lol.

beef08 07-27-2010 12:26 PM

bwad where do ya hunt? ive just been up 50 then out by camp far west lake