Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   3.0 Vulcan Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/)
-   -   01 Ranger stalled while drive, wont start (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/14960-01-ranger-stalled-drive-wont-start.html)

20Ranger01 07-24-2010 11:02 AM

01 Ranger stalled while drive, wont start

I have a 01 Ranger 3.0 FF, that stalled while on way home from work. Truck has 97k on it, but engine was replaced in 04,and only havs 50k on it. I have checked all the norms, fuel pressure, spark, compression, all good and with in specs, just for giggles, i replaced the the ign coil, and crank sensor. injectors are fine. was running perfect, then bogged and stalled, Oil was changed last week, all gauges normal, no codes or lights.
verifed timing is good. pulled valve cover and plug on #1 cyl, and verifed tdc and that the valves were closed. every thing seems normal. but just wont start... suggestions???????????????????????????????????

im on a very short deadline. being i have to drive 2 hours back to atlanta for work sunday night.. or make other arrangements.

swordthrower 07-27-2010 11:43 AM

Re: 01 Ranger stalled while drive, wont start

This is the exact same thing that happened to my truck and i am stuck. The darn thing wont crank at all. I am looking at the started to day but just can't seem to get it to crank. Suggestions would be nice.

Clinton 07-27-2010 01:23 PM

Could it be a fuel relay??

swordthrower 07-31-2010 12:20 AM

I can't even get the starter to turn over so i am digging into that to start. I just get a really loud click and no spin.

modelageek 07-31-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordthrower (Post 164333)
I can't even get the starter to turn over so i am digging into that to start. I just get a really loud click and no spin.

you need to determine if it is the battery or cables first. do the headlights work. if they do suspect starter relay, starter control circuit, starter solenoid, starter. if you have a multimeter start testing for power.....

20Ranger01 08-05-2010 06:12 PM

well, i figured out my problem, it ended up being stripped timing gears, only 3 teeth left on the crank sprocket. it was enough to catch and crank the engine to give the right compression.

thanks for all your help..

Clinton 08-05-2010 06:15 PM

eeeeewwwwww not good man

swordthrower 08-09-2010 01:10 AM

Well mine turns out to be a bit more serious. Had it towed down to the local mechanic and they tried to pull the crank over.

Turns out that the engine had seized. Still not sure what caused it thou. Truck only has 129k. Anythoughts?:dontknow: