Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/)
-   -   This Is Ridicilous (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/148620-ridicilous.html)

Boyd Crowder 01-08-2021 10:54 AM

This Is Ridicilous

This morning there were over 30 SPAM posts with a foreign language. They are still there. Does this site not have any protection? I understand that things happen and spammers can get in but, why are the posts still there? Does this forum have any moderation?

Logan03CO 01-08-2021 11:06 AM

Re: This Is Ridicilous

Well i wasn't available to log on until about 5 minutes ago. Looks like I might be the only moderator that bothers to log on in a regular basis anymore.

Looks like Dixie just logged in a bit ago.. i checked his profile a week or so ago. It indicated he didn't log on for numerous months....

Despite the endless snarky comments from certain other members... We (i) do check the site quite often and i wish other moderators were available / able to ssist myself and the site. And give me some breathing room. But things will come up as it does for everyone.

As far as protections go this forum software is easily 10 years old. Moderators have offered to update the categories/ look of the site to attract the new potential crowd of people with 2019+ rangers but without an
active administrator present we are pretty much stuck with it all.

I guess this is an example of what can / would happen in less than 24 hours...When the moderators (including myself have things that come up that need to be handled.
I would ask all members to remember it's not all rainbows and butterflies on this end either...and (we), perhaps just
me now try pretty hard to stay on top of things.

Ordinary Biker 01-09-2021 08:23 AM

Mr. Moderator man, snarky comments come because some douche bag banned me for reporting spam. Maybe you can figure it out from that... It's also why I won't use the 'report' button. A bunch of whiny bitch asses.

dvrich 02-07-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker (Post 2765055)
Mr. Moderator man, snarky comments come because some douche bag banned me for reporting spam. Maybe you can figure it out from that... It's also why I won't use the 'report' button. A bunch of whiny bitch asses.

Snowflakes couldn't wait to report me! I guess they wrecked, rolled, or couldn't repair their trucks so they left.

djfllmn 02-09-2021 01:03 PM

yes...this site is a shell of its former self...

ford4thot 02-10-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 2765480)
yes...this site is a shell of its former self...

It's okay we have a champagne room now