Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Cleaning and Detailing (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/)
-   -   How often do you wash your truck (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/14679-wash-truck.html)

STL 07-18-2010 06:13 AM

How often do you wash your truck

Select how often you wash your truck.

dixie_boysles 07-18-2010 06:34 AM

Re: How often do you wash your truck

once a week or sometimes up to three. just washed it yesterday, may wash it again today after my hiking trip get er dirty again

mikesturbo94 07-18-2010 06:45 AM

Yep I wash mine ATLEAST once a week hand wash everytime

STL 07-18-2010 06:51 AM

I wash mine once a week also.

Except in winter time then I just clean the rims off from the salt.

I was telling BryFin83 my environmental neighbors hate me.

DisturbedESV 07-18-2010 08:06 AM

I used to be right on point with every other week... during the winter its closer to 3-4 weeks... trying to get back in the groove but traveling and service on the truck are makin' it tough...

01_ranger_4x4 07-18-2010 08:38 AM

i used to wash mine once a week like clockwork but in recent years ive started slacking. since i dont drive my ranger very much anymore and it sits outside i only wash it before dune trips. my F-150 gets washed every couple weeks just to get the brake dust off the front wheels.

08xlt 07-18-2010 08:46 AM

Of course it depends where I go,but being white it does not look dirty unless you look close.I thought white would be tuff to keep clean when actually it is the easiest IMO. Had grey Green Blue and silver and white is easier.Now when you do wash it it shows every speck and I probably spend more time on it.

mazdab2300 07-18-2010 09:27 AM

i wash mine only when it rains. It does a great job.

Areyouforcereal? 07-18-2010 09:41 AM

The only time I used to wash it was when it rained, or after a lot of wheelin, and the mud was starting to affect the way it drives. Now that it sees a majority of street use, I wash it about once a month. It's weird, I like it clean but for some reason right after I wash it I get this feeling like it's time to go get it dirty again.

edgeman4.0 07-18-2010 09:56 AM

it used to get a strict regiment of weekly washing.. now, i really dont care that much. its lucky to get it every 2 weeks. the only exception is when i wheel it.

OH MY JOSH 07-18-2010 10:03 AM

Really depends. My paint is still in great shape, so I tend to go once or twice a week. But its rained a lot lately, so I've slacked.

Ranger_EDGE 07-18-2010 10:21 AM

once a week every week :) just did mine last night waxed it and is already for the meet today :D

stephen 07-18-2010 11:51 AM

didnt have an every third week option so i selected two weeks because that would be my second closest average. theirs a skinny dirt lot next to my driveway so i wash it and the damn wind blows on a layer of dirt. sorta lose the motivation when i wash it and literally 4 hours of just being parked later its already dirty. darn black.

05RangerEdge 07-18-2010 11:53 AM

I used to wash it about every other weekend but since I get it so dirty at work I have turned into a "When it rains" washer LOL. Just no use in cleaning it only to run it through the dirt everyday.

DisturbedESV 07-18-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge (Post 156829)
I used to wash it about every other weekend but since I get it so dirty at work I have turned into a "When it rains" washer LOL. Just no use in cleaning it only to run it through the dirt everyday.

My work is the same way... Well, half of the road is paved and the other half isn't so I started driving the long way to keep the truck cleaner longer and 'cause the unpaved part is bumpy as shit... I figure it's always gonna get dirty eventually so I still wash her every 2 weeks.