Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   How to allow passenger seat to move further forward..?? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/143281-allow-passenger-seat-move-forward.html)

vv0350 01-04-2018 07:19 AM

How to allow passenger seat to move further forward..??

I have a 2011 Extended Cab Ranger and my 60/40 passenger seat does not move forward enough for me to get into the back. Does anyone know how to get my 2011 passenger seat to move more forward?

rangergambler 01-04-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vv0350 (Post 2740560)
I have a 2011 Extended Cab Ranger and my 60/40 passenger seat does not move forward enough for me to get into the back. Does anyone know how to get my 2011 passenger seat to move more forward?

Jump on a treadmill and lose weight.

RoberticusMaximus 01-04-2018 03:45 PM

Re: How to allow passenger seat to move further forward..??

ouch lol! hey, us okies aren't necessarily always the most flexible now!

vv0350 01-04-2018 03:59 PM

Come on, i was sort of hoping for a realistic, helpful answer. There has got to be a simple way to allow the passenger seat, or even the drivers seat, to move forward another two inches or so....surely...??

RoberticusMaximus 01-04-2018 04:02 PM

i know that mine sometimes won't go all the way forward & i have to fiddle with it... but i'm not aware of any modification one can do without pull ing the seat tracks and drilling new holes at the least, and i'd imagine the contour of the floor might warrant a bit more work than that.

JAMMANICA 01-04-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangergambler (Post 2740565)
Jump on a treadmill and lose weight.

Dvrich has an alter ego?

Markous 01-04-2018 08:58 PM

Does the rear door not open with you able to close it behind you once you're in?

kgo5xd 01-04-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markous (Post 2740572)
Does the rear door not open with you able to close it behind you once you're in?

Looks like he has a tudor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvrich 01-06-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vv0350 (Post 2740560)

If you are too chubby to get to the back of a 2 door supercab, maybe you need to look for a 4 door Ranger or a full size truck suitable for fat people. I am just under 6'1" tall and 230 lbs and I can get into the back area of a 2 door supercab.
I always thought that all 2011s with the 4.0 had 4 doors.

vv0350 01-07-2018 07:32 AM

Yah, well...I thought it was going to have 4 doors when I went to look at it....could not imagine a 4.0 engine truck without 4 doors...It was an hours drive to go see it and I had been looking for 3 months to replace my 98 4 door extended cab Ranger....Anyway, I "decided" that I could live with the 2 door extended cab and bought it....Now that I have had it a few weeks, I realize how NICE the 4 doors were....So, I guess I'm looking for anything that will make using the back easier now...and moving one of the seats forward 2 inches would make a BIG difference, if it were possible...anyway...thanks

Woodtroll 01-07-2018 07:34 AM

For what it's worth, the passenger seat in my old '86 Supercab went a heck of a lot further forward for access to the rear than my '08 Supercab does (neither are four-door). Seems like a step backwards to me, but since I only use the rear for gear storage it doesn't affect me too much. At times I do wish it would slide almost up under the dash like my old one did.

vv0350 01-07-2018 07:36 AM

It's not really a matter of "chubby", its a matter of the "v" formed between the pillar and side of the front seat, that you have to set things through, like a bag of groceries, is so tight at the bottom that stuff gets jammed getting in or out of back there...my wife has had the same issues with it..We don't really need to, or want to SIT back there...maybe a grandkid sometimes...but they have no problem gettin in or out anyway...

Markous 01-07-2018 10:26 AM

I'd love to see pictures of a 2011 two door Ranger extended cab.

Not that i doubt you, just never heard of or seen one myself.

dvrich 01-07-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markous (Post 2740635)
I'd love to see pictures of a 2011 two door Ranger extended cab.

Not that i doubt you, just never heard of or seen one myself.

The Sport trim had 4 door as standard and Think it was optional in the XL and XLT 4.0s.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodtroll (Post 2740633)
For what it's worth, the passenger seat in my old '86 Supercab went a heck of a lot further forward for access to the rear than my '08 Supercab does (neither are four-door). Seems like a step backwards to me, but since I only use the rear for gear storage it doesn't affect me too much. At times I do wish it would slide almost up under the dash like my old one did.

I owned a 97 supercab and the seats did go way further forward. I believe from 2006-2011 they didn't.

Woodtroll 01-07-2018 10:56 AM

For some reason (maybe weight?) the 2.3L Supercab Rangers only came in 2-door, not available in 4-door, as far as I can tell. I can only tell you that I have NEVER seen a 2.3L 4-door, but would love to find one with a 5-speed!