Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Instrument cluster problem (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/143152-instrument-cluster.html)

Murph99Ranger 11-30-2017 01:15 PM

Instrument cluster problem

I have a 99 Ford Ranger I have had this problem since I’ve had the truck for 4 years all my gauges work in th cluster but only one light out of the six lights up so I went and bought all new lights for it and when I changed the bulbs a couple was burnt up I changed all six and still only the one lights up the top one above the speedometer every fuse in my truck are good some light and headlights every light works just can’t figure out why the cluster lights won’t work besides that one any help please

----------

I have a 99 Ford Ranger I have had this problem since I’ve had the truck for 4 years all my gauges work in th cluster but only one light out of the six lights up so I went and bought all new lights for it and when I changed the bulbs a couple was burnt up I changed all six and still only the one lights up the top one above the speedometer every fuse in my truck are good some light and headlights every light works just can’t figure out why the cluster lights won’t work besides that one any help please. Thanks In Advance

----------

I have a 99 Ford Ranger
I have had this problem since I’ve had the truck for 4 years all my gauges work in th cluster but only one light out of the six lights up so I went and bought all new lights for it and when I changed the bulbs a couple was burnt up I changed all six and still only the one lights up the top one above the speedometer every fuse in my truck are good some light and headlights every light works just can’t figure out why the cluster lights won’t work besides that one any help please.
Thanks in advance.

Kealel 12-01-2017 11:15 AM

Re: Instrument cluster problem

Did you replace the bulbs with new filament-in-glass bulbs it with LED bulbs.

If the glass route, did you get 194 bulbs?

Murph99Ranger 12-01-2017 01:15 PM

We placed the stock bulbs with leds but still only the same one that lit up before is working and yes 194 bulbs

Murph99Ranger 12-01-2017 02:11 PM

I talked to a guy and he said my whole cluster could be bad even tho the gauges are working it could be bad making the lights not work

JAMMANICA 12-01-2017 06:55 PM

?

Do you have the polarity on the LED's correct? They have a distinct positive and negative which isn't marked on the cluster because regular bulbs will work in either direction. I think you got 20% lucky on the LED placement.

Murph99Ranger 12-02-2017 07:07 AM

Not sure I didn’t know there was a difference what should I do to try