Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/)
-   -   What happened to this place? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/142321-happened.html)

JTbeast 07-11-2017 01:03 PM

What happened to this place?

Just wanted to stop in, say hello, long time no see. Seems like the site has really, really, (really) died down since i've been offline...:rolleyes: regardless, I'm glad to be back signed on! Hope some of you OG's are still rambling around here?

ford4thot 07-11-2017 01:06 PM

Re: What happened to this place?

Yeah the moderators ran off any type of shenanigans so a lot of people left or got banned. The Forum will probably never be the same, but welcome back

JTbeast 07-11-2017 01:09 PM

Well, I can't argue that a lot of them needed to be ran off! haha. Oh well still glad to see operations are still going and all the good info is still around for me to plunder through :) and thanks bud.

ford4thot 07-11-2017 01:45 PM

The problem is they ran off the wrong ones.

What you been up to, anything new on the truck

guell 07-11-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford4thot (Post 2728036)
The problem is they ran off the wrong ones.

What you been up to, anything new on the truck

I don't feel like a few people being run off killed the site.

The ranger was discontinued in the United States and forum membership has been down since people prefer to use Facebook.

ford4thot 07-11-2017 02:55 PM

Well I disagree. Everyone has opinions though

cowboybilly9mile 07-11-2017 03:02 PM

Then there's the part about two of the mods simply vanishing into thin air and the rumors that go with that.......

Fordzilla80 07-11-2017 03:29 PM

Welcome back!

tiredretired 07-11-2017 05:53 PM

Just like any other forum for vehicles they no longer make and have not made for 6 years. They slowly fade away and go bye bye.

Maybe this forum will adapt and embrace those weird looking pickups Ford plans on finally selling in the USA they call a Ranger. Time will tell.

Redneckstone 07-12-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboybilly9mile (Post 2728055)
Then there's the part about two of the mods simply vanishing into thin air and the rumors that go with that.......

Oh do tell?

guell 07-12-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneckstone (Post 2728099)

Oh do tell?

Holy crap, it's like seeing a ghost

JAMMANICA 07-12-2017 05:36 AM

Being relatively new but being a member on like 20 other forums and a forum connoisseur... If I didn't have thick skin I wouldn't stick around. The air is kinda stiff and it doesn't feel real welcoming. But I enjoy friction evidently and not being a snowflake I don't melt easily. I see it as fun.

Ordinary Biker 07-12-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guell (Post 2728038)
I don't feel like a few people being run off killed the site.

The ranger was discontinued in the United States and forum membership has been down since people prefer to use Facebook.

This part I agree with. The audience is getting smaller. With Tom not doing anything to actively boost site traffic, yeah, it's gonna die. FB, I don't know, I don't have one.

NoPower 07-12-2017 08:13 AM

Welcome back Ty.
From Don
Grove City, Ohio.

guell 07-12-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker (Post 2728113)

This part I agree with. The audience is getting smaller. With Tom not doing anything to actively boost site traffic, yeah, it's gonna die. FB, I don't know, I don't have one.

I don't either, but other vehicles I've had that have been out of production, like my old mr2 and Montero, from what I read on their dying forums was that a majority of the people moved to Facebook groups since you get instant gratification.

A couple of people that mostly post bullshit isn't what keeps the forum active.