Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/)
-   -   Anybody been whatching nascar? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/14083-whatching-nascar.html)

southbama man 07-04-2010 02:45 PM

Anybody been whatching nascar?

I've been whatching a few races here and there, and I started to notice I haven't seen 1 race where there wasn't empty seats everywhere. I heard there has not been a sold out race this year! Now, I'm more of an avid college and NFL football fan. But I usually go to a summer race and had to pay a lot for most tickets when I've gone. Now seats that you usually have to reserve years in advance are empty. Just goes to show you how bad the economy really is.

smakes 07-04-2010 02:48 PM

Re: Anybody been whatching nascar?

yep i go to atleast one race a year (with comped inside track suite passes) but theres a hell of alot more empty seats than ive seen in a long time.

STL 07-04-2010 03:46 PM

Supervisor went to Lowes for memorial day. he said it was not packed either.

SPless 07-04-2010 05:52 PM

It's because of the ticket prices mainly...my dad and I usually went to Atlanta for both races every year, but can't afford the tickets now as the cheapest are like 105 and those are shitty seats

mike56 07-04-2010 06:48 PM

Last race I went to was Darlington 3 years ago. I work for a Caterpillar dealer and business hasn't been good in 3 years. Can't afford fuel, tickets and whatever else. I used to go to a race every year....

SPless 07-04-2010 07:38 PM

Yeah, my parents and I went to darlington for the first three years of the Mother's Day race....The best deal in the series right now, though, is Talladega. Will be ordering tickets for my dad and I as they have a two day package deal on the Allison grandstand for $45 dollars that is tickets for both days...

OH MY JOSH 07-04-2010 07:42 PM

People are broke, times are tough.
Sad to see it, but Nascar (and I mean no disrespect to anyone) is a fleeting "sport" in the public eye. People would rather take what little money they have now a days and pay their mortgage than go to a race.
:(

Lazler 07-04-2010 07:46 PM

Also because people are tired of seeing Jimmie Johnson winning all the time. He's a pos like Stewart and Kyle Busch

mike56 07-04-2010 08:18 PM

Used to be a Dale Sr fan...moved on to Dale Jr...not much to root about but nice he won with the #3 Friday nite. I also root for the CAT #31 car...with 20 laps to go watch him go backwards....not much to root about you are right !

02BlueRanger 07-04-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazler (Post 149277)
Also because people are tired of seeing Jimmie Johnson winning all the time. He's a pos like Stewart and Kyle Busch

uhohh nascar fight is beginning

SPless 07-04-2010 09:27 PM

I completely agree with Laz....it gets old watching a two man show...and it also gets old listening to alot of shit about Dale Jr. when he finally won another race, be it Busch or Cup Series...they are having to play this one up alot b/c it will be forever before he gets another one

Lazler 07-04-2010 10:15 PM

I'm not starting a fight but when you know who's gonna win u get tired of it and Nascar losses money..

#17 all the way! lol

SPless 07-04-2010 10:27 PM

I'm more of a 16 and 99 type of guy but hey, its all the Roush stable...used to be a huge Newman fan, and still like him as he is a good driver...I just can't stand his owner

geezmo2001 07-05-2010 09:15 AM

If the night race @ Bristol isn't sold out, than the 'sport' is dead.

SPless 07-05-2010 11:02 AM

its already dead, b/c you can still get tickets right now...to have tickets for that race you had to be on the longest waiting list in the history of man or you had to already have reserve tickets. They seriously effed theirselves when they re-did the track to try and make the racing better. Everybody loved the wrecks and the tempers that don't happen so much now