Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   What do you think my Ranger was worth? Before Accident (with photos) (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/140565-ranger-worth-accident-photos.html)

Bekindtoyurbuds 02-03-2017 09:35 PM

What do you think my Ranger was worth? Before Accident (with photos)

Ok guys.....Im trying to find out how much my ranger would be worth....it was totalled in an accident yesterday...cracked the frame....(not my fault)....I don't want to get screwed by my insurance company....so i would like to get your input.....on what you would expect to pay for a 2008 ford ranger in this condition (before accident price)

Im talking about fair market value.....

not that shitty kelly blue book value..

2008 ford ranger 2wd sport 4dr 4.0 v6 140,000 miles
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...20Hillside.jpg

and after the accident
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ger%202008.jpg

RobertD23 02-03-2017 10:12 PM

Re: What do you think my Ranger was worth? Before Accident (with photos)

I'd say maybe 4500 5000

Sent from my BLU STUDIO SELFIE 2 using Tapatalk

Kealel 02-03-2017 10:33 PM

In my area that's $ 5500 to $7500 easy, depending on what kind of shape the body and frame are in.

Bekindtoyurbuds 02-03-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertD23 (Post 2703902)
I'd say maybe 4500 5000

Sent from my BLU STUDIO SELFIE 2 using Tapatalk

wow that it CRAZY low in my area (southern california)....i paid 7500 for it about a year ago

Deadline 02-03-2017 10:55 PM

What kind of tires are those?

Bekindtoyurbuds 02-03-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kealel (Post 2703908)
In my area that's $ 5500 to $7500 easy, depending on what kind of shape the body and frame are in.

7500 is what i paid for it about a year ago......body and frame were in excellent condition, as was the interior, engine all the mechanical and electrical... when i bought it....it was still in excellent condition when it got wrecked a few days ago ....

about 2 years ago.....some other idiot hit my previous ford ranger

it was a 2004 edge 2wd v6 4.0 2door with about the same mileage

the same insurance company paid me $10k for the 2004.....i was hoping to get more for this one......since it is 4 years newer

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadline (Post 2703915)

pro comp, 31" mt2 Xtreme

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadline (Post 2703915)

Pro comp.....mt2 xtreme 31"

tnoutdoors 02-04-2017 06:18 AM

You'll likely get more. I know yours is 2wd, which does lower the value quite a bit, but it's a nice one though. On a lot, I'd say $10-11,000. Private party around $8-10,000. I know in Tennessee, Rangers are worth a premium.

whiskeymike 02-04-2017 06:42 AM

Since you paid 7500 a year ago, sounds like fair market value is about 7,000.
Kbb is usually fair, you're looking for inflated market value for $10k+

Sorry about the truck, looks damn good.

sheltonfilms 02-04-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bekindtoyurbuds (Post 2703893)

How did that crack the frame? Where on the frame is it cracked? Doesn't look like that much damage at all.

Hell I would collect the money, buy it back, buy another frame and swap everything over. Put 5 grand in your pocket and drive the truck until the wheels fall off.

tnoutdoors 02-04-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheltonfilms (Post 2703942)
How did that crack the frame? Where on the frame is it cracked? Doesn't look like that much damage at all.

Hell I would collect the money, buy it back, buy another frame and swap everything over. Put 5 grand in your pocket and drive the truck until the wheels fall off.

X's 2. I was thinking the same.

DoberRanger 02-04-2017 08:17 AM

I agree with those two ^^^. Or If you are a decent welder and the crack is in a decent spot you may be able to make a strong patch and run it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiskeymike 02-04-2017 08:19 AM

Looks like he got a direct hit to the wheel. It looks way better than it is, I'm sure.

DoberRanger 02-04-2017 08:21 AM

Do you have any pictures of it without the Nissan(?) attached to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnoutdoors 02-04-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeymike (Post 2703949)
Looks like he got a direct hit to the wheel. It looks way better than it is, I'm sure.

I just know I've seen 04+ donor trucks for as low as a couple grand when they've had an engine or trans go out. Doing a frame swap on one of these trucks is pretty dang easy with a few friends and an engine hoist. This is assuming the impact didn't hit the exhaust manifold and ripped the threads out amongst other engine damage. At that point, idk if it'd be worth it. If it's just the frame, fender and door then I'd collect the money and just fix it. 140k miles is low for one of our trucks imo.

whiskeymike 02-04-2017 08:58 AM

Frame swap wouldnt be too bad, but salvage title would suck, iirc California Is pretty tough on that kind of stuff.

If the frame is cracked you just can't weld it and call it a day. It would at least need pulled. Chances are if it cracked the frame, it's pushed way over, possible damage to the cab. That's more what I was referring to.