Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/)
-   -   Window Conversion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/14041-window-conversion.html)

SteveMet 07-03-2010 01:23 AM

Window Conversion

My Ranger 03 mk2 xlt has the drivers window will auto unwind.

1. Is it possible to make it auto wind up ?

2. Can this be acheived on all windows ?

SteveMet 07-10-2010 01:37 AM

Re: Window Conversion

I can see by the responses that there are no good electrical Ford Ranger mechanics on this site.

STL 07-10-2010 07:05 AM

I just know of a mod to make it not do it anymore.

SteveMet 07-11-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 151906)
I just know of a mod to make it not do it anymore.

I do not want it NOT TO DO IT, but for the window to close with a flick of the switch.

The drivers window will open 'semi automaticaly' flick the switch and it opens all the way down. I would like this to happen to ALL windows AND the same to close them. This is a technical question !

I know how to stop it - disconnect switch. :rolleyes:

STL 07-11-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMet (Post 152359)
I do not want it NOT TO DO IT, but for the window to close with a flick of the switch.

The drivers window will open 'semi automaticaly' flick the switch and it opens all the way down. I would like this to happen to ALL windows AND the same to close them. This is a technical question !

I know how to stop it - disconnect switch. :rolleyes:

If you disconnect switch you cant roll them down or up.

There is more involved then that

SteveMet 07-11-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 152388)
If you disconnect switch you cant roll them down or up.

There is more involved then that

............yes waiting for your answer............................................ .......................................
.................................................. ...........................................
..........................still waiting........................................... ..........
.................................................. ........................................

turbo 07-11-2010 09:08 AM

yes, there is a way to accomplish what you ask.

I'm surprised there's no how-to, already, on this... maybe I'll write one up and post it, when i have the time...

05RangerEdge 07-11-2010 11:07 AM

I havnt got around to doing it but this guy gave me this link a while ago. You can make both Pass & Driver auto UP/DOWN.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/22

Let me know how it works out

STL 07-11-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo (Post 152463)
yes, there is a way to accomplish what you ask.

I'm surprised there's no how-to, already, on this... maybe I'll write one up and post it, when i have the time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge (Post 152509)
I havnt got around to doing it but this guy gave me this link a while ago. You can make both Pass & Driver auto UP/DOWN.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/22

Let me know how it works out

Probably gonna be completely different.

This guy is not from America. So the wire colors and all wont be the same

smakes 07-11-2010 11:20 AM

i know Alon made it so that his pass window has an auto down now, but i dont think he did a write up for it

05RangerEdge 07-11-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 152512)
Probably gonna be completely different.

This guy is not from America. So the wire colors and all wont be the same

O my bad, Didn't realize that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMet (Post 151844)
I can see by the responses that there are no good electrical Ford Ranger mechanics on this site.

Well your talking a different Ford Ranger all together so I guess your right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMet (Post 152390)
............yes waiting for your answer............................................ .......................................
.................................................. ...........................................
..........................still waiting........................................... ..........
.................................................. ........................................

and you will continue to wait because your truck is one of maybe a hand full on this site.

ranger101 07-11-2010 11:36 AM

Quit being such an ******* and somebody might answer your question.

SteveMet 07-12-2010 01:03 AM

Looked at link from 05RANGEREDGE. Looks simple enough, and answers a few questions I had. If this applies to the English Ranger. Of to Ford parts dealer to look at wiring diagram to identify the 'control module' if present. I had been told from other sources that it is not possible with out replacing the motor as it was specific just for the drivers side. (thought that was a load of b...s..t ).

Cheers.

SteveMet 07-12-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge (Post 152523)
O my bad, Didn't realize that.

Well your talking a different Ford Ranger all together so I guess your right.

and you will continue to wait because your truck is one of maybe a hand full on this site.

You try looking for a site for Ford Rangers and point me to one that has some information on rangers in britain. - there arn't none. I think also that a good comparison between my Ranger is the Ford Courier. This appears to be the same vehicle. Remember my Ranger is a Mazda B2500
( I am ashamed to say :confused:)

smakes 07-12-2010 01:11 AM

i highly doubt your truck is similar to a courier, as those havent been built in a long time lol