Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Other Engine Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/other-engine-tech/)
-   -   I'm pretty sure nobody has stuffed a dt466 turbo diesel in an 02 single cab (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/other-engine-tech/139218-im-pretty-stuffed-dt466-turbo-diesel-02-single-cab.html)

richbailey 10-29-2016 02:45 AM

I'm pretty sure nobody has stuffed a dt466 turbo diesel in an 02 single cab

I have an 02 single cab, 3.0, it has recently blown the heads. I have an international dt466 turbo diesel and fuller 9 speed transmission still mounted on the front section of frame, I think I will be doing extensive mods and stuffing the 466 in the ranger. I know it's overkill, any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions are always welcome

johnday 10-29-2016 04:09 AM

Re: I'm pretty sure nobody has stuffed a dt466 turbo diesel in an 02 single cab

I can't imagine where to even begin! :eek: I can see, the only thing left would be the Ranger body. Likely easier to just get the rest of the truck running gear/frame, and graft the Ranger body onto it. That 466 is a pretty good engine though.

Naterman 10-29-2016 05:32 AM

How are you going to make the frame long enough and be able to use the front clip the dt is a fairly long engine compared to a ranger

dvrich 10-29-2016 06:13 AM

Another dreamer, what else is new.

Bjorn Toulouse 10-29-2016 09:11 AM

Ooooooh, another answer to a question nobody asked!

Please take lots of pics!

Rex

whiskeymike 10-29-2016 09:22 AM

I've thought about swapping in a 466 into my f350. I decided against it. By the time you stretch a ranger to fit it, it will look like a funny car. You'd have to reinforce the hell out of the frame just to hold the weight much less the torque. After all of that, you'd have a ranger that couldn't tow (waste of a466), wouldn't get good mileage at all (waste of a ranger) and would be front heavy as hell. The end game doesn't look good. If you want a somewhat unique diesel swap, find an om606.

JAMMANICA 10-29-2016 01:18 PM

I'm having a hard enough time stuffing a 302 in mine I can't imagine a DT466.

There is a youtube of a guy with one in a F150 and it looks to me like he could set a drink to his right on the valve cover while in the front seat.

Getting the power to the ground would be difficult also, where I work we make turbos and injectors and pumps that will push a 466 to over 3000 HP.

4BT for ranger. And you can still hop it up to much more horsepower than you can transfer to the pavement. Hope your wallet is as big as your ideas :)

Fasttrackranger 12-09-2016 02:31 AM

4bt are awesome swaps. There is a guy south of me that stuff them in anything. Swapped a 3.7l v6 dakota with the 4bt and now has a ton of room in the engine bay and blows a nasty black cloud when he punches it.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk