Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Vehicle Snapshots (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/vehicle-snapshots/)
-   -   Pics (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/vehicle-snapshots/138669-pics.html)

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:01 PM

Pics

Does anyone have any pics of a 4x4 ranger with 3 inch lifted t-bar keys and 2 inch blocks for the rear.

ford4thot 09-22-2016 03:01 PM

Re: Pics

Nope

Door tag

camodown 09-22-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674856)
Does anyone have any pics of a 4x4 ranger with 3 inch lifted t-bar keys and 2 inch blocks for the rear.

What happened to the superlift?

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford4thot (Post 2674857)
Nope

Door tag

All I want are pics, not gonna start a fight on this thread, so either help me or leave me alone.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by camodown (Post 2674858)
What happened to the superlift?

I still have the new torsion keys and blocks I originally purchased, so I figured I would put it on one of my other 4x4s. And I still got the superlift.

camodown 09-22-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674859)
All I want are pics, not gonna start a fight on this thread, so either help me or leave me alone.

That's not how it works, that's now how any of this works.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674859)
I still have the new torsion keys and blocks I originally purchased, so I figured I would put it on one of my other 4x4s. And I still got the superlift.

I see. Word of advice, don't put those keys on. Bad news

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camodown (Post 2674861)

All I want is to see some pics of 4x4 trucks that have what I described im not trying to start a fight and when ever I search torsion bar lift pics it don't even bring up any threads for some reason

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by camodown (Post 2674861)

----------

I see. Word of advice, don't put those keys on. Bad news

im not cranking the keys more than 2inches

Jimmyspy 09-22-2016 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674856)

Here's what mine looked like with maxed stock keys and expo leafs.

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyspy (Post 2674876)
here's what mine looked like with maxed stock keys and expo leafs.

thanks.

Jimmyspy 09-22-2016 03:38 PM

Also, a few house keeping things:
1: you already have 2.5" blocks, so swapping them for the 3" blocks isn't gonna gain you much height. DO NOT STACK BLOCKS

2: You're best bet is to sell that worthless piece of shit "leveling kit" and crank your stock keys. Cranking your stock keys is cheaper and keeps you suspension within factory limits. After market keys allow you to push the front suspension geometry far beyond what Ford intended (yea yea, I know "you won't crank them that far". Everybody says that. Everybody cranks them too far.)

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674877)
thanks.

No problem

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyspy (Post 2674878)
Also, a few house keeping things:
1: you already have 2.5" blocks, so swapping them for the 3" blocks isn't gonna gain you much height. DO NOT STACK BLOCKS

2: You're best bet is to sell that worthless piece of shit "leveling kit" and crank your stock keys. Cranking your stock keys is cheaper and keeps you suspension within factory limits. After market keys allow you to push the front suspension geometry far beyond what Ford intended (yea yea, I know "you won't crank them that far". Everybody says that. Everybody cranks them too far.)

----------

No problem

so should I get lifted leaf springs

Jimmyspy 09-22-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674880)
so should I get lifted leaf springs

Depends, is all of this in conjunction with the superlift? Also, how much take does your truck have?

Cranking your stock keys is gonna get you 1.5-2" of "lift". This may be just enough to level the truck. In that case, you don't have to mess with the rear.

If the tbar lift puts you past level, or you want to keep the rake, you can do lift shackles to make up the difference. In that picture, I was running lift shackles, expo springs, and removed the factory lift block. This left me with quite a bit of rake though.

If all of this is in conjunction with a superlift, then all of the above kinda goes out the window. Lifting the truck 4" open up the door for actual lift springs, a combo of spring and shackle lift, or a combo of spring/shackle/block lift. It all depends on your budget and how much you're willing to half ass things.

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyspy (Post 2674882)
Depends, is all of this in conjunction with the superlift? Also, how much take does your truck have?

Cranking your stock keys is gonna get you 1.5-2" of "lift". This may be just enough to level the truck. In that case, you don't have to mess with the rear.

If the tbar lift puts you past level, or you want to keep the rake, you can do lift shackles to make up the difference. In that picture, I was running lift shackles, expo springs, and removed the factory lift block. This left me with quite a bit of rake though.

If all of this is in conjunction with a superlift, then all of the above kinda goes out the window. Lifting the truck 4" open up the door for actual lift springs, a combo of spring and shackle lift, or a combo of spring/shackle/block lift. It all depends on your budget and how much you're willing to half ass things.

its not for the superlift, I bought this kit and never installed it so I was gonna install in on one of my other 4x4s

Jimmyspy 09-22-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674890)
its not for the superlift, I bought this kit and never installed it so I was gonna install in on one of my other 4x4s

Don't. Sell it. Crank you stock keys. You and your truck will thank me later.

COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER 09-22-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyspy (Post 2674893)
Don't. Sell it. Crank you stock keys. You and your truck will thank me later.

Okay. Thanks for everything man.

Thinks in my head "love it when I don't argue with another member".

Jimmyspy 09-22-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTRYCOWBOYRANGER (Post 2674901)
Okay. Thanks for everything man. Thinks in my head "love it when I don't argue with another member".

No problem at all.