Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Sponsors (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/13371-sponsors.html)

20Thunderbolt02 06-15-2010 11:59 AM

Sponsors

Hey enthusiasts, the name is Josh and I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Thunderbolt. I have a suggestion question for ya'll. I am currently a student studying small business and entrepreneurship and plan on opening up a customization and performance shop in the near future. Well what I would love to start getting is some sponsors so that way I can fix up my truck to make it my icon when I open it up, as well as to promote my business, and to hopefully carry on the relationship with the sponsor for when I open up my shop. Does anyone have any connections, suggestions, advice, clues, anything to help me out? Anything is welcome, and if you're in Texas when I open up my shop, you will be more than welcome to stop by any time. ( Location and additional info will of course be posted as soon as the shop opens) I really plan on doing a lot with this business including, but not limited to, weekly organized meets, promotional events, contests, and maybe even an open shop where people can work on their own cars if need be. Thanks a lot everyone.

-Josh

TerrenceStuart 06-15-2010 01:14 PM

Re: Sponsors

your in school and you think as soon as your done your going to be handed your own customizing shop? I hope you have about a million dollars (just for the shop) and another million to cover supplies, insurance, taxes, licensing fees, etc... I'm not trying to discourage you, but realistically, unless you've got a LOT of money laying around, there is no way someone your age (i'm assuming your about 21) is going to get a loan to start his own business.
ask other owners of custom shops, they'll tell you that they worked at one, then moved up to asst. manager, then manager, then part owner, then owner, in a span of about 10years.

jutautodesign 06-16-2010 12:54 PM

We have the same dream bro. Just take your car to shows, whether you win or not, display it. And always make sure to note the brands you used. Take photos, take video, heck get models posing on ur car, and SEND THOSE TO UR SPONSORSHIP INTERESTS. I've been working on a few, and it takes some time, but if my old beat up 2-tone Ranger can do it, you can too. (:

Btw, I intend to start up my own custom car shop too, u better not be good competition lol.

Peace

20Thunderbolt02 06-17-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machine090767 (Post 140144)
your in school and you think as soon as your done your going to be handed your own customizing shop? I hope you have about a million dollars (just for the shop) and another million to cover supplies, insurance, taxes, licensing fees, etc... I'm not trying to discourage you, but realistically, unless you've got a LOT of money laying around, there is no way someone your age (i'm assuming your about 21) is going to get a loan to start his own business.
ask other owners of custom shops, they'll tell you that they worked at one, then moved up to asst. manager, then manager, then part owner, then owner, in a span of about 10years.

Trust me, that has come into consideration, and no unfortunately i'm not a millionaire (yet). I figured that I would be starting off small and working my way up, because its all about recognition, and marketing. So i'm thinking about just opening up a small tuner shop in a good part of town so that way I get my foot in the door. At the time being, I work at a tire shop and we get clients that come in with Mercedes Benz, Masurati's, Bently's, Land Rovers, etc. So the area that I am in currently is my prime target. Plus there is a Jaguar, Ferrari, and lotus dealer just down the street about 1/2 mile.

And Jutautodesign, you never know, we may end up being business partners haha.

Thank you very much for your inputs.