Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Audio / Video (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/)
-   -   blew speaker now time for new ones (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/13188-blew-speaker-time-ones.html)

Ranger_EDGE 06-09-2010 11:38 PM

blew speaker now time for new ones

Ranger_EDGE 06-11-2010 08:18 PM

Re: blew speaker now time for new ones

bump

rangerdanger745 06-11-2010 08:34 PM

i personally like rockford fosgate.. also heard addictive audio is good..

STL 06-11-2010 08:34 PM

Alpine type S or type R

olfordtruck 06-11-2010 08:46 PM

I have Pioneer 4-way speakers in all four spots and they are amazing! Each are 280 watt max and hit notes perfect with crisp sound.

Ranger_EDGE 06-11-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerdanger745 (Post 138915)
i personally like rockford fosgate.. also heard addictive audio is good..

never heard of them but ill make sure to look them up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 138916)
Alpine type S or type R

i hear great things about alpine!
Quote:

Originally Posted by olfordtruck (Post 138922)
I have Pioneer 4-way speakers in all four spots and they are amazing! Each are 280 watt max and hit notes perfect with crisp sound.

lol these sound really good!! im a bass guy so i bump them. but like i said i dont want subs. do these speakers have really good bass?

Pbav8tor 06-11-2010 09:14 PM

Just helped a buddy install some Alpine speakers in his Darango last night. Awesome, they have got the bump.

Ranger_EDGE 06-11-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbav8tor (Post 138931)
Just helped a buddy install some Alpine speakers in his Darango last night. Awesome, they have got the bump.

then thats what i'm after lol how much did it cost him if you don't mind me asking :) i only need 1 but i'm just going to go and just replace all 4

Pbav8tor 06-11-2010 09:55 PM

$220 plus tax, spendy but worth it!

olfordtruck 06-12-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE (Post 138924)
lol these sound really good!! im a bass guy so i bump them. but like i said i dont want subs. do these speakers have really good bass?

Well, they hit bass like its a sub, you can feel the bass in my reg cab hit the back of the seat if its all they way up, and there really is no need for a sub anymore. Its got great ranges in combination with the bass.

dixie_boysles 06-12-2010 07:36 AM

In both my old 94' Ranger and my current 06' Ranger, I jave run the Pioneer 6x8s from Walmart. They come two in a box for 58 dollars and sound soooo good without hurting the bank. I think they are 240 watt. Shoot I have mine on stock radio and they sound amazing, especially over stock. That was my first mod to the truck.

Ranger_EDGE 06-12-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles (Post 139009)
In both my old 94' Ranger and my current 06' Ranger, I jave run the Pioneer 6x8s from Walmart. They come two in a box for 58 dollars and sound soooo good without hurting the bank. I think they are 240 watt. Shoot I have mine on stock radio and they sound amazing, especially over stock. That was my first mod to the truck.

thats actually is all i need! like you said without hurting your wallet and have some god speakers. i'm off tomorrow so i might go check it out :) maybe all i will get is the front 2 then 2 in the back in a mouth or so. but ok how do you get the door panels off? i know there is a bolt in the roll down window roller. than 2 on the bottom of the door. anywhere else?

Ranger_EDGE 06-12-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbav8tor (Post 138944)
$220 plus tax, spendy but worth it!

lol but he has like 6 speakers though huh?
Quote:

Originally Posted by olfordtruck (Post 138990)
Well, they hit bass like its a sub, you can feel the bass in my reg cab hit the back of the seat if its all they way up, and there really is no need for a sub anymore. Its got great ranges in combination with the bass.

these sound really nice also. how much do they run for?

Pbav8tor 06-12-2010 09:41 AM

The $220 is for 4 of them. Still that is a little high but you do get what you pay for.

DrIftKi7Vg 06-12-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE (Post 139026)
thats actually is all i need! like you said without hurting your wallet and have some god speakers. i'm off tomorrow so i might go check it out :) maybe all i will get is the front 2 then 2 in the back in a mouth or so. but ok how do you get the door panels off? i know there is a bolt in the roll down window roller. than 2 on the bottom of the door. anywhere else?

You need a T20 star screw for the window knob. Get that at Autozone. You pop the cover off the window knob using a knife (that's what I used) then unscrew the bolt. Nest unscrew the two screws holding the panel in place (one on bottom, one inside the arm rest). Then lift up the panel. DO NOT pull towards you or downwards. Straight up and off. Then Simply take the factory speakers off and put the new ones on. What I did was cut the stock radio connector that connected the stock speakers and talked to STL about the radio wiring to make sure I hooked up the wires right. STL has a radio wiring diagram for all Ranger years so look him up. After that it's all easy from then on out. After your done and before putting everything back together, turn your radio on and check to make sure wires are good and sound is better ;). And your done! Hope this helps