Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   "Luxury" trucks account for half of all truck sales? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/130138-luxury-trucks-account-half-truck-sales.html)

Jim95XLT 08-12-2015 11:32 AM

"Luxury" trucks account for half of all truck sales?

http://m.omaha.com/money/pickup-truc....html?mode=jqm

Interesting read in my local paper today. I know we've all seen trucks escalate into the $50,000+ range, but I never realized what a large segment of truck buyers are willing to spend that much.

Ford says their top of the line 2016 F150 Limited will exceed $60k! Ford said that about 30% of their truck sales exceed $50k. Dodge was like 30% and GM was 50% !

Personally, I want a truck where I can load up, tie down and go, without having to worry about a scratch on the bed or on the bed rails here and there.
I saw a guy at Home Depot loading up a little bit of lumber, wrapping blankets all around it to protect his diamond of a truck and I just had to laugh .
A truck should be a truck. Luxury features are for luxury cars.
My 2 cents.

ranger024x4 08-12-2015 11:38 AM

Re: "Luxury" trucks account for half of all truck sales?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515626)
Personally, I want a truck where I can load up, tie down and go, without having to worry about a scratch on the bed or on the bed rails here and there.
I saw a guy at Home Depot loading up a little bit of lumber, wrapping blankets all around it to protect his diamond of a truck and I just had to laugh .
A truck should be a truck. Luxury features are for luxury cars.
My 2 cents.

csb

SB03Ranger 08-12-2015 12:05 PM

If I could afford it I would too. My next one with be fully loaded. might as well get what I want.

Vogenitz69 08-12-2015 12:20 PM

This is discriminatory towards trucks. Not all trucks are poor workhorse pigs! You automotist!

djfllmn 08-12-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger024x4 (Post 2515628)
csb

x2.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB03Ranger (Post 2515644)
If I could afford it I would too. My next one with be fully loaded. might as well get what I want.

go big or go home

camodown 08-12-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515626)
http://m.omaha.com/money/pickup-truc....html?mode=jqm Interesting read in my local paper today. I know we've all seen trucks escalate into the $50,000+ range, but I never realized what a large segment of truck buyers are willing to spend that much. Ford says their top of the line 2016 F150 Limited will exceed $60k! Ford said that about 30% of their truck sales exceed $50k. Dodge was like 30% and GM was 50% ! Personally, I want a truck where I can load up, tie down and go, without having to worry about a scratch on the bed or on the bed rails here and there. I saw a guy at Home Depot loading up a little bit of lumber, wrapping blankets all around it to protect his diamond of a truck and I just had to laugh . A truck should be a truck. Luxury features are for luxury cars. My 2 cents.

Would you consider your ranger a trucks truck?

If yes please explain.

tredeh 08-12-2015 01:09 PM

I like simplicity, cheap truck with crank windows, locks, manual mirrors and manual seats. I like trucks I can load shit in and not care if I get a scratch on the bed. I don't want heated seats, backup camera etc.

With that said, not everyone is that way. Some people just buy trucks for commuters. They want the luxury of an SUV but want a truck. It's not for me but if that makes someone happy who cares?

I do agree though, trucks have gotten ridiculously expensive. My dad payed like 25,000 for his 98 f150 brand new

guell 08-12-2015 02:14 PM

It's called a spray in bedliner. My truck has a lot nicer features than a ranger and I still use it to haul shit.

Just because you drive a shitmobile doesn't make it anymore of a truck than a 60k f150

Jim95XLT 08-12-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camodown (Post 2515669)
Would you consider your ranger a trucks truck? If yes please explain.

If a "trucks truck" is a truck used to haul a dirt bike out to the trail, lumber to rebuild my deck, moving furniture, taking rolls of carpet to a job site, delivering a jetted bath tub, carrying my camping gear, fishing gear and cooler of beer for the weekend, letting silly kids ride in the back down a dirt road, watching a drive in movie laying back in the bed, and doing whatever it's told for 182,000 trouble free miles, then hell YES, it's a truck.

Is it the toughest, meanest looking truck ? Off road capable? No. But it does exactly what I need.

Logan03CO 08-12-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515702)
it does exactly what I need.

And their +$50k truck does exactly what they need as well.

Jim95XLT 08-12-2015 02:38 PM

Wow, some people get really butt hurt over an OPINION !

guell 08-12-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515702)

If a "trucks truck" is a truck used to haul a dirt bike out to the trail, lumber to rebuild my deck, moving furniture, taking rolls of carpet to a job site, delivering a jetted bath tub, carrying my camping gear, fishing gear and cooler of beer for the weekend, letting silly kids ride in the back down a dirt road, watching a drive in movie laying back in the bed, and doing whatever it's told for 182,000 trouble free miles, then hell YES, it's a truck.

Is it the toughest, meanest looking truck ? Off road capable? No. But it does exactly what I need.

So how does that make any other truck less of a truck?

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515706)
Wow, some people get really butt hurt over an OPINION !

You appear to be the only one who is butthurt

Jim95XLT 08-12-2015 02:41 PM

I'm not debating "more of a truck / less of a truck."

guell 08-12-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim95XLT (Post 2515709)
I'm not debating "more of a truck / less of a truck."

Then wtf was your original post about?

ranger024x4 08-12-2015 02:44 PM

Well, we now know why he rolls around in a 500 dollar hooptie