Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   anybody have medical knowledge? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/12885-medical-knowledge.html)

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:04 PM

anybody have medical knowledge?

My foot is numb around my little toe to halfway down my foot, and only on the bottom, started after i worked on a local farm bailing hay. My mom said diabetes but i just drank a medium coke and a monster and feel fine, so i think thats out of the question atleast.

FireRanger 06-02-2010 02:11 PM

Re: anybody have medical knowledge?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHEM (Post 133462)
My mom said diabetes but i just drank a medium coke and a monster and feel fine, so i think thats out of the question atleast.

Diabetes is not an acute condition. You don't just get it like a cold or a dehydration. It's a disease you either have permanently or don't have at all. If you have to ask, you don't have it.

If you touch the area, does it feel any different than the rest of your foot (like cold/hard/different color)? If it is normal skin color (pinkish), squeeze it and let go. It turns white when you squeeze and color should return in the time it takes you to say "capillary refill." As long as this works and it isn't cold/hard/weird, the problem is not a lack of circulation. If this is a circulation problem, get off the computer and get to an emergency room now before you lose half your foot.

Which leaves the more likely culprit... you pissed off a nerve. Chances are it is nothing serious but if the condition is not improving, you should get to a doctor.

turbo 06-02-2010 02:15 PM

so, just to be clear:

you are asking a group of ford truck enthusiasts to give a medical diagnosis based on a vague description of the symptoms, and you've already ruled out diabetes because you've just consumed a high-fructose beverage followed by a high-fructose, high-caffeine beverage, and you "feel fine"... do I have that right?

does any part of this process strike you as "odd", or otherwise not in keeping with sound medical practice?

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:16 PM

well it looks normal, doesn't exactly turn white when i pinch, just lightens up in color. I did do some hard work, buts its been like this for almost 3 days now

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo (Post 133466)
so, just to be clear:

you are asking a group of ford truck enthusiasts to give a medical diagnosis based on a vague description of the symptoms, and you've already ruled out diabetes because you've just consumed a high-fructose beverage followed by a high-fructose, high-caffeine beverage, and you "feel fine"... do I have that right?

does any part of this process strike you as "odd", or otherwise not in keeping with sound medical practice?

off topic yes?

turbo 06-02-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHEM (Post 133468)
off topic yes?

I didn't mean to imply that your post was created in the wrong area. Perhaps I've failed to make my point. Please continue, and disregard my question.

:D

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo (Post 133469)
I didn't mean to imply that your post was created in the wrong area. Perhaps I've failed to make my point. Please continue, and disregard my question.

:D

just needed other peoples opinions, beats paying for it online, most likely the same thing, people who have no medical knowledge charging people 45 bucks for their idea, except this is free.

Pbav8tor 06-02-2010 02:26 PM

Hey Dhem, Your foot is like a mine canary or a tree frog. It is an indicator body part. It is trying to tell you something is wrong. Mayhap you should take it to a doctor for translation?

FireRanger 06-02-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHEM (Post 133467)
buts its been like this for almost 3 days now

http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/g...d_facepalm.jpg

Turn off the computer. Get in your car (or have mom drive you), and go to the doctor. Now. You've waited three days too long already. This is not a medical condition. It's an internal traumatic injury. Its not going to go away by drinking a fu$king fruit drink and if you keep waiting, you might as well kiss your foot goodbye.

And BTW, that is my professional medical advice as an Emergency Medical Technician for the last 8 years.

XLT08 06-02-2010 02:31 PM

How do your shoes fit?

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 133476)
http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/g...d_facepalm.jpg

Turn off the computer. Get in your car (or have mom drive you), and go to the doctor. Now. You've waited three days too long already. This is not a medical condition. It's an internal traumatic injury. Its not going to go away by drinking a fu$king fruit drink and if you keep waiting, you might as well kiss your foot goodbye.

And BTW, that is my professional medical advice as an Emergency Medical Technician for the last 8 years.

well its not a constant problem, this morning up to 11 am it wasnt numb. Its kinda been like that, no problem in the morning, last night it went away about 9 pm

Tom 06-02-2010 02:39 PM

Do you not have health insurance? Why not just go to the doctor?

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 133484)
Do you not have health insurance? Why not just go to the doctor?

traffic, late in the day, might stop in at clinic to have them check it, plus i have ingrown toenails i want have taken care off

DHEM 06-02-2010 02:45 PM

and they are closed

FireRanger 06-02-2010 02:48 PM

Really? All the clinics and ER's have been closed for three days? Quit making excuses. Nobody likes going to the doctor. Stop being a vagina and go.