Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   4-Cylinder Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/4-cylinder-tech/)
-   -   radiator help (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/4-cylinder-tech/124956-radiator-help.html)

63merc 02-26-2015 09:19 PM

radiator help

What is a good replacement radiator for 2.3 duratec?

mxpxpunkrock1987 02-27-2015 06:39 PM

Re: radiator help

if u can get a part number from auto zone or u know the year and engine size u can get a bran new radiator straight from a manufacturer from ebay cheaper and easier

Hey 04-23-2015 10:45 PM

Any recommendations on a direct fit after market radiator for the 2.3?

riscorpian 04-24-2015 01:16 AM

Just about any part that an auto part store or online retailer lists as compatible will work. They're all pretty much the same: aluminum fins with plastic siding. The only thing to watch out for is the inclusion of a transmission cooler, in case you have an automatic. That is integrated into the radiator siding, so don't forget about it.

Hey 04-24-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riscorpian (Post 2446721)
Just about any part that an auto part store or online retailer lists as compatible will work. They're all pretty much the same: aluminum fins with plastic siding. The only thing to watch out for is the inclusion of a transmission cooler, in case you have an automatic. That is integrated into the radiator siding, so don't forget about it.

I understand and thanks for the reply. SO im taking silla would be the same as a stock

Prages 04-24-2015 09:01 AM

I bought my radiator a few years ago at Advance for something like $100. Lifetime warranty, etc.

It had the transmission cooler built in, but I have a manual transmission. I just bought a couple of plugs and plugged the ports for the transmission cooler to keep dirt and water out of it.

It dropped right in and has worked flawlessly for 2 1/2 years and about 40,000 miles.

Granted, my truck has a 3.0, but I can't imagine you'd have any different experience with the 2.3.

riscorpian 04-24-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prages (Post 2446857)
I bought my radiator a few years ago at Advance for something like $100. Lifetime warranty, etc.

Hells yeah. I used a $50 off coupon for Advance, picked it up, and then swapped it right out in a parking lot. Worked beautifully.

I'd say hunt around online for a good deal if you have the luxury of waiting. If it's an urgent repair though, whichever store has one in stock for the best price is the recommended option.

63merc 10-10-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riscorpian (Post 2446949)
Hells yeah. I used a $50 off coupon for Advance, picked it up, and then swapped it right out in a parking lot. Worked beautifully.

I'd say hunt around online for a good deal if you have the luxury of waiting. If it's an urgent repair though, whichever store has one in stock for the best price is the recommended option.

Hi ole friend,

I know it's been awhile since I have bothered you, I need your knowledge again. You have never steered me wrong and have always given great advice/opinion.

I was looking at the coolant sensor thread and saw you had an SCT tuner. I have done research on just about all that are available for my 01. I have pretty much settled on SCT. My question is with other performance mods and or stock is it worth getting? Do you feel a reasonable difference, how much power do you think has been gained? I have a manual trans just for info. I have heard it makes a bigger difference with auto.
As always I appreciate your thoughts and help.

Thanks
Joe

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bkbonnell 10-11-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63merc (Post 2401443)
What is a good replacement radiator for 2.3 duratec?

I got mine from a 07 4.0 ranger. They are all the same design 98-11 but the 3.0/4.0 have a fill cap on the radiator itself. Little easier for filling up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63merc 11-22-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbonnell (Post 2763104)
I got mine from a 07 4.0 ranger. They are all the same design 98-11 but the 3.0/4.0 have a fill cap on the radiator itself. Little easier for filling up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks that's suoer helpful

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk