Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Audio / Video (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/)
-   -   Dual XR4120 Help (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/120624-dual-xr4120-help.html)

93_Rarity 11-07-2014 12:13 PM

Dual XR4120 Help

I bought a Dual xr4120 to replace the old radio, but the wires don't match up. There are a total of 14 wires in the old harness, vs old 12 in this new one. I've tried a number of combos, but can't seem to get it. Help?

Current system setup

Green/yellow -> Yellow
Black/yellow -> Red
Black -> Black
Black/green -> Blue
Orange/Black -> n/a
Blue/red -> n/a

The speakers I know are wired correctly, everything matched up right there.

Just frustrated and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

GLH 11-07-2014 12:19 PM

Why did you buy a POS CHEAPASS Dual ? You should have bought a wiring harness adaptor also. Do not cut your truck's wiring !

93_Rarity 11-07-2014 12:38 PM

Re: Dual XR4120 Help

Man, chill out a bit. I'm just goin with the flow here. I don't know much about electrical stuff, especially audio, just what I've taught myself. Second, I'm on a WalMart pay, so dual is all I can really afford and still pay my bills. Third, I didn't even know that an adapter for that kind of thing existed. I trust the auto parts people too much I guess, they said match up the wires and I figured It'd be that easy, like the two others I've changed out. Apparently not. Now that I know I need an adapter, I can just go get one. I appreciate the help! ^.^

GLH 11-07-2014 12:57 PM

They have them at walmart. Thing is, if you'd saved and bought a good Pioneer headunit, it might last a lifetime. Could have also had a warranty if you bought from the right place. The Dual uses such cheap electronics, it affects sound quality.

93_Rarity 11-07-2014 02:20 PM

Hell, this truck ain't gonna last a lifetime, it was too far gone when I got it, so I ain't too worried, and if you've had a 21 year old sound system you'd know anything is better than it was. You must not be from Oklahoma, cause between WalMart and the auto parts store, no one knows what I'm talking about lol. They all suggested best buy or to give splicing another shot.

FORD4LIFE9876 11-07-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93_Rarity (Post 2299943)
Hell, this truck ain't gonna last a lifetime, it was too far gone when I got it, so I ain't too worried, and if you've had a 21 year old sound system you'd know anything is better than it was. You must not be from Oklahoma, cause between WalMart and the auto parts store, no one knows what I'm talking about lol. They all suggested best buy or to give splicing another shot.

don't listen to him man buy what u want. I don't think he understands some people don't have the money or just don't want to spend it for the more expensive stuff. Personally I don't like to pay a lot of money for certain stuff

93_Rarity 11-07-2014 03:33 PM

Yeah, I hear you there man. And I did figure out the problem, my splicers were just too big a gage so I wasn't getting a good connection. I'll post a pic when I get it all put back together ;-)

FORD4LIFE9876 11-07-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93_Rarity (Post 2299995)
Yeah, I hear you there man. And I did figure out the problem, my splicers were just too big a gage so I wasn't getting a good connection. I'll post a pic when I get it all put back together ;-)

that's good :). I'm not good with wiring up radios lol. My uncle helped me do it.

casey.mikl 11-07-2014 05:59 PM

I have a cheap duel in my jeep. It's a mud truck. Has gotten dirty and wet and works fine. Duel headunit, pioneer speakers, crunch amp and mb quart sub. Really nice sub.

FORD4LIFE9876 11-07-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casey.mikl (Post 2300118)
I have a cheap duel in my jeep. It's a mud truck. Has gotten dirty and wet and works fine. Duel headunit, pioneer speakers, crunch amp and mb quart sub. Really nice sub.

I have a duel in my truck. I bought it cause I liked the camo ;)

casey.mikl 11-07-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORD4LIFE9876 (Post 2300249)
I have a duel in my truck. I bought it cause I liked the camo ;)

I got a black one and a white one that I'm making a portable speaker system out of. It's a marine unit and soeakers.

FORD4LIFE9876 11-07-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casey.mikl (Post 2300273)
I got a black one and a white one that I'm making a portable speaker system out of. It's a marine unit and soeakers.

I think that's what mines called. Something about marine. Supposed to be really durable. And I've thought about making a portable one before but then again I've thought of doing a lot of stuff I haven't done lol

93_Rarity 11-08-2014 05:48 AM

We all do XD