Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   !!!Attention to those who don't have brush/bull gaurd!!! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/118332-attention-dont-brush-bull-gaurd.html)

lanebarrett 09-12-2014 08:48 PM

!!!Attention to those who don't have brush/bull gaurd!!!

I haven't posted in a while, so why not now. Today I was involved in a little accident right out of my school. A dumb driver in front of a Dodge Ram slammed on brakes for no reason causing the Dodge Ram in front of me to slam on brakes too. I needed new brakes at the time but that $$ is tight, so when I stomped on the brake my truck was still rolling and I collided with the Ram in front of me.
Here are some pics of my damage:
http://http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9yaldl2c.jpg
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/...psc5hne6xj.jpg

Just for reference, this is a before picture:
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/...psltbsgkpk.jpg

Your probably saying in your head or out loud why am I looking at this, but hear me out. I learned 2 things today.
1.) don't follow too close behind people.
2.) always have a bull/brush gaurd on my vehicle
This bull bar in the picture basically paid for itself. I would rather be $130 than spending hundreds of dollars on front end replacement. That bull bar took the blunt of the force. The Ram in front of me sustained no damage at all either. Every vehicle I have from now on will have some from of gaurd up front. This is just a little persuasion for those who are running brush/bull gaurdless.

dirtbike5100 09-12-2014 08:51 PM

Re: !!!Attention to those who don't have brush/bull gaurd!!!

Nice post. X2 on the don't follow too close. A lot of accidents could have been avoided if people did that

Mike69 09-13-2014 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbike5100 (Post 2251752)
Nice post. X2 on the don't follow too close. A lot of accidents could have been avoided if people did that

X3

Justanotherhemi 09-13-2014 06:20 AM

Glad to see you are ok. I second this motion on the brush/bull guard and following closely. This has further convinced me of purchasing my Warn Trans4mer brush guard.

AmericanPride! 09-13-2014 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I would have been fine...not to mention I don't follow too close

stephen 09-13-2014 06:58 AM

I'm kind of afraid my bumper will destroy anyone I come in contact with.

rangergambler 09-13-2014 07:04 AM

You ride my rear, Prepare to see red lights get closer to your vehicle very quickly, i will break check you. You got the nerve, then pass me on the shoulder. You are the reason auto insurance is expensive, dumb people following too close and then blaiming the car in front for slowing down or suddenly braking.

ranger_ferd 09-13-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangergambler (Post 2251864)
You ride my rear, Prepare to see red lights get closer to your vehicle very quickly, i will break check you. You got the nerve, then pass me on the shoulder. You are the reason auto insurance is expensive, dumb people following too close and then blaiming the car in front for slowing down or suddenly braking.

You could seriously hurt someone that way, I.e. The guy slams on his brakes and gets rear ended...

sole 09-13-2014 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen (Post 2251862)

x2 :laugh:

Attachment 114808

lanebarrett 09-13-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Well first of all I didn't post this to tell eveyone that I was following too close. I posted it to tell people in case of an accident that it could save your bumper or your whole front end. Second of all, it was not like is was following his ass for an hour down a long stretch of road. I was trying to beat a red light outside my school, because that light sits there for hours waiting on it to change, and I had to be at work in 10 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanPride! (Post 2251851)
I think I would have been fine...not to mention I don't follow too close

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen (Post 2251862)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sole (Post 2251888)

I'm sure you would be ok if you ran into a brick wall. Just wondering, where did you get that and how much did you pay for it??

sole 09-13-2014 08:46 AM

Custom 4x4 fabrication. $705 without powder coating. Bed lining was about $65, did it myself. And then the winch was $480 iirc. It all comes in handy more than you would think. The day that picture was taken I was using the shackles on the front to rip big 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in out of the ground. Fun day to say the least lol.

dvrich 09-13-2014 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=lanebarrett;2251749]I haven't posted in a while, so why not now. Today I was involved in a little accident right out of my school. A dumb driver in front of a Dodge Ram slammed on brakes for no reason causing the Dodge Ram in front of me to slam on brakes too. I needed new brakes at the time but that $$ is tight, so when I stomped on the brake my truck was still rolling and I collided with the Ram in front of me."

You knew your brakes were in disrepair and you were following loo close so you couldn't stop in time. It's your fault and I'm sure you got the citation.

Farmertom390 09-13-2014 09:35 AM

Point #1 should probably be not to drive your truck if you know the brakes need replaced. Anyhow I've seen more cases of a bull bar or brush guard folding into the bumper, and cause more damage than the truck would sustain without it.

Glad yours helped out.

dvrich 09-13-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

You are part of the reason insurance rates are high too.........brake checking is what punks do.
I suppose the moderators will ban me for calling it like it is as usual.

Ordinary Biker 09-13-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvrich (Post 2251935)
You are part of the reason insurance rates are high too.........brake checking is what punks do.
I suppose the moderators will ban me for calling it like it is as usual.

You can get banned for that? Go figure. Following to close AND brake checking are dumb. Someone tail gates me, I just slow down a little to increase the spacing in front of me. With a douche right on my ass, I need to be able to slow down slower.