Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   What needs to be done to your ranger? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/11676-ranger.html)

Dcrymes99ranger 04-30-2010 08:21 PM

What needs to be done to your ranger?

I know we have a what did you do to your ranger thread. I was sitting here thinking that I need to do this and that but I don't have the money. So lets here it guys. What needs to be done to your truck. Maybe your like me broke and don't have the money or you just haven't got around to do it. I'll start. My truck is 7,000 miles over the oil change limit. I need to change the oil. I need to replace the Upper control arms and lower control arms and ball joints. And I need to wire up my seats.

TurdFX4 04-30-2010 08:27 PM

Re: What needs to be done to your ranger?

it needs to be paid off

... oh and a supercharger would be nice

ranger101 04-30-2010 08:39 PM

Coil-overs.

camodown 04-30-2010 08:42 PM

figure out what is popping randomly in the front suspension and mount up some 35's

richarddhoward 04-30-2010 08:52 PM

Front brakes, diff fluid change, change out the bad solenoid in my tranny thats bad, cleaned inside and out, repair the dents, straighten the bumper out that I put on, line x, oil change, grease the entire thing, find the tiny coolant leak....I'm sure there's more

edgeman4.0 04-30-2010 08:55 PM

Where to start? Ball joints, balance 33's, locate and fix mysterious "noise" in engine, paint my camper top, put a muffler on it... OR trade the fucker in on a jeep..

Dcrymes99ranger 04-30-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 117281)
Where to start? Ball joints, balance 33's, locate and fix mysterious "noise" in engine, paint my camper top, put a muffler on it... OR trade the fucker in on a jeep..

What kind of Jeep. Wrangler? Those are bad ass.

smakes 04-30-2010 09:04 PM

put my fogs back on, get drop beams, and drop coils. get 17's, or 18's.

then... well.. the list gets kinda long

full 2.3T swap out of an 88 ford turbo coupe, putting out about 330 rwhp.

then, bagged, on all 4 corners, to lay frame on 20's.

then eventually, an SFBD lol

Dcrymes99ranger 04-30-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smakes (Post 117289)
put my fogs back on, get drop beams, and drop coils. get 17's, or 18's.

then... well.. the list gets kinda long

full 2.3T swap out of an 88 ford turbo coupe, putting out about 330 rwhp.

then, bagged, on all 4 corners, to lay frame on 20's.

then eventually, an SFBD lol

Nice man. Your truck should look sweet on 20's laying frame.

smakes 04-30-2010 09:10 PM

bagged on 20's is so far down the road its not funny. unless i magically get 5 grand, it will be atleast 2 years from now

Ranger01 04-30-2010 09:11 PM

To get it running, put interior back in, paint calipers and drums (need that visual horsepower) Run royal purple in everything when i get the time, Figure out why the passenger window won't go down on the driver side switch and why my power mirrors don't work

Dcrymes99ranger 04-30-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smakes (Post 117297)
bagged on 20's is so far down the road its not funny. unless i magically get 5 grand, it will be atleast 2 years from now

Dude I feel ya on that. I eventually wanna bag and body drop it. But for now I'm gonna 4/5 it, with my 18's

dixie_boysles 04-30-2010 09:13 PM

I need to get the paint buffed, the granite quarry is rough on her (swirl marks). Nah she's not bad, just needs a good buffing!

Also, I need to fill up the anti freeze, other than that, I'm good!

beef08 04-30-2010 09:23 PM

yes mines all swirly from going snowboarding and all the salt on the roads..

but the bulbs on gauges/headlight switch/cruise control on off button need to be replaced, repaint raido bezel, new 3rd brake light cuz the plumbers putty thats sealing it just looks tacky, left headlight needs fixed because it keeps coming loose from clips, rear axle looks like its leaking prolly should get it checked out, and the dents i put in it the first couple weeks i had it (wierd going from a 92 accord to my ranger aha). oh and pay this mofo off!

and thats all that NEEDS done..the want to is a whole different story

smakes 04-30-2010 09:26 PM

lol just realised i wrote what i want, not what needs to be done.

change the tranny/diff fluid/fuel filter. then flush the rad, and unflip my shackles, as the rid of sitting on my bump stomps cut in half is fucking grinding my spine into dust