Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Photography (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/photography/)
-   -   Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/photography/116090-camera-wahoo.html)

Bob C. of Indiana 07-22-2014 03:31 PM

Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Bought me a new camera with a Leica lens and 24-600 zoom. Get it tomorrow and look out, pictures of Ol'Blackie will be everywhere and of course the doggy,Lol!
Zoom Test Click
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FZ60-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B008MB6YX6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406068030&sr=8-2&keywords=Panasonic+Lumix+DMC-FZ60

GoHawks117 07-22-2014 04:05 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Very nice Bob! I have always liked Panasonic electronics.

Bob C. of Indiana 07-22-2014 04:15 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHawks117 (Post 2204888)
Very nice Bob! I have always liked Panasonic electronics.

That's what I have now but not many features and not much zoom,but a Leica lens,one of the best other than Carl Zeiss.

hsx9 07-22-2014 04:24 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Very nice camera! I have the same one. Here are some pictures I took using a cheap tripod from ebay
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3897/...fa462438_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3909/...c5e38c5b_b.jpg
Overall I like it a lot. Big bang for the buck. Takes as good as my $2,000 DSLR but without all the options and stuff. Hope you enjoy yours :)

Bob C. of Indiana 07-22-2014 04:36 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hsx9 (Post 2204910)
Very nice camera! I have the same one. Here are some pictures I took using a cheap tripod from ebay
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3897/...fa462438_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3909/...c5e38c5b_b.jpg
Overall I like it a lot. Big bang for the buck. Takes as good as my $2,000 DSLR but without all the options and stuff. Hope you enjoy yours :)

Wow nice stuff! I was a professional photographer for 10 years and I am real rusty and hoping to get back into photography.I stopped my business and sold everything I used a Mamiya RB-67 in the studio and a Contax 35mm with Zeiss lenses in the field. I use a DMC-LZ10 now and it has a Leica lens on it. I currently have it listed for sale on Amazon.Might need a little tutoring with the new one,lots of bells and whistles on the this one.Lol!

Bob C. of Indiana 07-23-2014 03:10 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Just to be on the safe side, this camera uses a 52mm filter size,correct? I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today.Got the owners manual bookmarked and been reading trying to figure out the basic auto settings to start with,any tips? :D

Bob C. of Indiana 07-25-2014 03:37 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Listed my old camera on eBay, all of the pictures I have posted on this forum have been taken with this camera,check out my sig below.It is nice but somewhat limited, but in like new condition,I take very good care of my stuff.I'll post a link to the eBay ad, anyone interested make me a offer on the forum, so I can save the eBay fees.
Any questions about it let me know.Thanks,Bob C.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-LU...item418471e2c1

Bob C. of Indiana 07-29-2014 04:37 AM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
The power of the zoom on my new camera 25mm-1200mm
25mm
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...n/P1000104.jpg
600mm
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...n/P1000105.jpg
1200mm
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...n/P1000106.jpg

TheScOuT 07-29-2014 04:48 AM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
My daughter and I are hobby photographers...we have tried every brand of camera on the market both point and shoot and DSLR. I am 100% convinced Panasonic is the best point and shoot cameras made. We have several of the Lumix FZ series...30 35 and a 48. I have tens of thousands of pics with these cameras...you won't be disappointed!

That zoom is incredible...to get that kind of zoom in a DSLR would require an $1000+ lens easy! And that is the cheapest bottom of the barrel...anything quality 1200mm zoom lens will go for $5000+.

Great choice!

Bob C. of Indiana 07-29-2014 05:04 AM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheScOuT (Post 2210204)
My daughter and I are hobby photographers...we have tried every brand of camera on the market both point and shoot and DSLR. I am 100% convinced Panasonic is the best point and shoot cameras made. We have several of the Lumix FZ series...30 35 and a 48. I have tens of thousands of pics with these cameras...you won't be disappointed!

That zoom is incredible...to get that kind of zoom in a DSLR would require an $1000+ lens easy! And that is the cheapest bottom of the barrel...anything quality 1200mm zoom lens will go for $5000+.

Great choice!

Thanks for the reply David.I'm convinced I already made a mistake,I bought the FZ-60 and I should have bought the FZ-70 if I could find a quick buyer I would buy the other one.
Anyway I used to sell 35mm cameras in the 90's and a cheapo 500mm mirror lens would cost you $400 bucks this whole camera with 25-1200mm Leica lens cost $300. I'm just getting used to digital photography I used 6X7cm Mamiya RB 67 medium format in my studio and this Lumix is much easier to use and the trick filters built in. The nice part is you never have to change lenses,all in one light camera.Unbelievable! :D

vinchez78 07-29-2014 02:16 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
How bout a shot of Mee maw?!

Bob C. of Indiana 07-29-2014 03:01 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinchez78 (Post 2210629)
How bout a shot of Mee maw?!

Not a chance,she runs for cover when the camera is out.Lol!:D

vinchez78 07-29-2014 04:27 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob C. of Indiana (Post 2210654)
Not a chance,she runs for cover when the camera is out.Lol!:D

Ofcourse, what female doesnt do that, lol

Bob C. of Indiana 07-29-2014 04:40 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinchez78 (Post 2210757)

Ofcourse, what female doesnt do that, lol

I told her my new camera has soft focus built in,Lol! :eek:

johnday 07-29-2014 04:48 PM

Re: Got Me A New Camera,Wahoo!
 
Congrats Bob. I've got the DMC FZ40, with a Lieca lens. Judging by the photos you've taken, it appears the lousy photos of mine, are me, and not the camera.;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:13 AM.