Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Tracking a new truck at Ford.com (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/11489-tracking-truck-ford-com.html)

Dantforth 04-27-2010 11:20 AM

Tracking a new truck at Ford.com

Is it possible to track the build of your new vehicle on line? I have the VIN# and the Order#. Dave

Tom 04-28-2010 12:33 AM

Re: Tracking a new truck at Ford.com

Not sure, give Ford HQ a call and they'll help you out.

Ranger Sport 04-28-2010 12:58 AM

No, you have a vin when they are ready to start assembly, and then a date of delivery, which is almost always never right.

Or so my dealership told me...lol

Dantforth 04-28-2010 03:12 AM

Thanks. I do have a projected "date of delivery" as well as the VIN#. Why would Ford give a delivery date which would be incorrect? Wouldn't that be bad for customer service? The week of the 24th of May is my date. Waiting...not so patiently!

Ranger Sport 04-28-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantforth (Post 115440)
Thanks. I do have a projected "date of delivery" as well as the VIN#. Why would Ford give a delivery date which would be incorrect? Wouldn't that be bad for customer service? The week of the 24th of May is my date. Waiting...not so patiently!

Yeah i was told the first week of may myself.

From what the director of sales told me, there's a "train" shipping factor that comes into play, that's the only variable ford cannot control.

Again, it could be total bull, but that's what i've been told :)

Falco51 04-28-2010 04:45 PM

I work at a dealership and i check in cars when the carrier comes. It's a crap shoot dude. They have no idea when a car is gonnna come in. I can ask how many cars are we gonna get this week and they honestly don't know. Cause cars can sit in a lot for a month for some reason or another. Who knows. and then there's the train portion of their ride. Yeah, even if there was a way to track your truck it would be "truck was put on to carrier" and then "truck arrived at destination." it's not like fedex. and your truck could be on a truck that has 8 cars at 8 different dealers in a couple states. it happens. truckers aren't very happy with it, but that thing does happen.

Ranger Sport 04-28-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco51 (Post 115751)
I work at a dealership and i check in cars when the carrier comes. It's a crap shoot dude. They have no idea when a car is gonnna come in. I can ask how many cars are we gonna get this week and they honestly don't know. Cause cars can sit in a lot for a month for some reason or another. Who knows. and then there's the train portion of their ride. Yeah, even if there was a way to track your truck it would be "truck was put on to carrier" and then "truck arrived at destination." it's not like fedex. and your truck could be on a truck that has 8 cars at 8 different dealers in a couple states. it happens. truckers aren't very happy with it, but that thing does happen.

I'm glad the info i was given to was accurate!

FoMoCo 04-28-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Sport (Post 115478)
Yeah i was told the first week of may myself.

From what the director of sales told me, there's a "train" shipping factor that comes into play, that's the only variable ford cannot control.

Again, it could be total bull, but that's what i've been told :)

i think "customs" have detained it, thats what i was told on my projector headlights :D

Ranger Sport 04-28-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoMoCo (Post 115861)
i think "customs" have detained it, thats what i was told on my projector headlights :D

Shush you, don't jinx it!

I was talking about it with my family, and they asked me "what if there's a problem with the truck, and they offer you a huge amount off the escape?". Believe it or not, i hesitated and said i preferred the ranger anyways. Damn site has warped my fragile little mind.