Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Music/Movies/Computers/etc. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/music-movies-computers-etc-/)
-   -   itunes 9.1 sucks (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/music-movies-computers-etc-/11155-itunes-9-1-sucks.html)

DHEM 04-19-2010 04:31 PM

itunes 9.1 sucks

Well now I cant add anymore music from teh interwebz.

smakes 04-19-2010 04:32 PM

Re: itunes 9.1 sucks

wich is why you dont upgrade your shit before you do the research to see what they changed lol

DHEM 04-19-2010 04:32 PM

yeah nobody mentioned it. maybe its just me?

smakes 04-19-2010 04:37 PM

idk i havent upgraded to 9.1

Fx4wannabe01 04-19-2010 05:42 PM

thanks for the heads up. I definitly won't be updating.

ObsoleteE 04-19-2010 05:53 PM

holy shit, def not updating. Does it give you an error message or something?

Tom 04-19-2010 06:03 PM

What do you mean you can't add music from the internet? I'm using 9.1 and I'm still able to add mp3s that I acquired from means other than the iTunes store.

DHEM 04-19-2010 06:05 PM

no, when you go to add file to your library, it just wont add it, unless it its from itunes or a CD or a full audio file. I need to find a way to rename my audio files, becuase right now it will only lt me name it, it needs to have the artist, cd and track number there in order for itunes to accept it into the library, i found this out when i managed to get one song in there from the internet. I think it was a trick to stop illegal downloads by having the system only accept legit looking files only. Im gonna try to find a way to make this working again.:mad:

ObsoleteE 04-19-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 110766)
What do you mean you can't add music from the internet? I'm using 9.1 and I'm still able to add mp3s that I acquired from means other than the iTunes store.

Good, I was nervous for a minute. FUCK the Itunes store. My account got hacked and they would NOT refund any money. See what I get for trying to go legit. Torrents never stole money from me LOL.

DHEM 04-19-2010 06:09 PM

Those record companies ruined many of my youtube videos and alot of other good videos, so im helping the effort to make them lose as much money as possible. cant beat free.

Tom 04-19-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Ranger (Post 110767)
no, when you go to add file to your library, it just wont add it, unless it its from itunes or a CD or a full audio file. I need to find a way to rename my audio files, becuase right now it will only lt me name it, it needs to have the artist, cd and track number there in order for itunes to accept it into the library, i found this out when i managed to get one song in there from the internet. I think it was a trick to stop illegal downloads by having the system only accept legit looking files only. Im gonna try to find a way to make this working again.:mad:

I usually just drag & drop when I move mine over. Either way, I just tried moving over an mp3 that is lacking information, tried both the drag & drog and the "add file to library" way, and both ways it let me add the file.

It's possible you are trying to add songs you already have in iTunes, I've done that a couple times and sat there confused as to why it's not letting me add music.

stephen 04-19-2010 06:09 PM

downloading music sucks anyways. dont do it. buy from your local record store (not places like best buy and junk but the little shops.) but yeah im not going to go off on this.

itunes 9.1 sucks. i hate the set up. wish i never upgraded. does anyone know how to down grade? im not good with this kind of stuff.

DHEM 04-19-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 110770)
I usually just drag & drop when I move mine over. Either way, I just tried moving over an mp3 that is lacking information, tried both the drag & drog and the "add file to library" way, and both ways it let me add the file.

It's possible you are trying to add songs you already have in iTunes, I've done that a couple times and sat there confused as to why it's not letting me add music.

you must be lucky, your files missing the info under like contributing artist, album, # and title?

ObsoleteE 04-19-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen (Post 110771)
downloading music sucks anyways. dont do it. buy from your local record store (not places like best buy and junk but the little shops.) but yeah im not going to go off on this.

itunes 9.1 sucks. i hate the set up. wish i never upgraded. does anyone know how to down grade? im not good with this kind of stuff.

How do you download music? I do and it is really simple, the songs are in order, and of good quality.

Tom 04-19-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen (Post 110771)

According to the changelog, the only change in 9.1 is adding more genuis mix options, and adding iPad compatibility. So I don't think the change in look you're experiencing is anything really "new" unless you upgraded up a few steps.

You can downgrade by uninstalling iTunes (make sure to keep your music files) and installing an older version which you can find here: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Ranger (Post 110772)
you must be lucky, your files missing the info under like contributing artist, album, # and title?

Not all no, but for the file I tested only had artist & title information, and lacked everything else.