Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Music/Movies/Computers/etc. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/music-movies-computers-etc-/)
-   -   New phone and Pre paid. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/music-movies-computers-etc-/10924-phone-pre-paid.html)

Dcrymes99ranger 04-14-2010 06:58 AM

New phone and Pre paid.

So I need a new phone, my boost mobel can't keep signal worth crap. I was thinking of getting a new straight talk from Walmart. I don't need a contract, and this is perfect for me. I pay 45.00 every month on the day I buy the card. This is the phone that I want. I was just wondering if anyone has heard or used this before. And do you recommend it.

ecdak 04-14-2010 08:03 AM

Re: New phone and Pre paid.

I have cricket and I get great service. 49.10 a month unlimited. No joke. I can text and talk as much as I want. I actually have better service than I gt with verizon t-mobile and att. I set my account up to automatically charge my checking account so I pay for free. They charge you to pay any other way. and I get internet with that too although I thik=nk I am not supposed to. It is only another 5 bucks if they catch on.

Dcrymes99ranger 04-14-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark98xlt (Post 107722)
Prepaids are a waste, just get a iphone with contract

I don't want a bill.

Ranger_EDGE 04-14-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdak (Post 107730)
I have cricket and I get great service. 49.10 a month unlimited. No joke. I can text and talk as much as I want. I actually have better service than I gt with verizon t-mobile and att. I set my account up to automatically charge my checking account so I pay for free. They charge you to pay any other way. and I get internet with that too although I thik=nk I am not supposed to. It is only another 5 bucks if they catch on.

Cricket is what i have too lol good services and i pay $50.01 for unlimited everything!! my brother got the 25 a month for unlimited call and text. i got the hole nine yards with web and long distance and all. I always have services!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark98xlt (Post 107722)
Prepaids are a waste, just get a iphone with contract

prepaids are a waste. i had one for 3 years! i hated counting my minutes! someone wants to screw with you they send you a ton of messages so you run out of minutes! I had t-moible pay to go and i hated the son of a bitch!! i was so happy not having to count my minutes and made sure i wasn't running out. it is a hassle man trust me. better off getting a plan that dont cost much for just call/text because thats all pre paids are.

Dcrymes99ranger 04-14-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE (Post 107738)
prepaids are a waste. i had one for 3 years! i hated counting my minutes! someone wants to screw with you they send you a ton of messages so you run out of minutes! I had t-moible pay to go and i hated the son of a bitch!! i was so happy not having to count my minutes and made sure i wasn't running out. it is a hassle man trust me. better off getting a plan that dont cost much for just call/text because thats all pre paids are.

There is a thing called unlimited

Ranger_EDGE 04-14-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger (Post 107747)
There is a thing called unlimited

the atnt one? i heard about those. dont you have to pay 10 bucks a month for unlimited text still

Dcrymes99ranger 04-14-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE (Post 107752)
the atnt one? i heard about those. dont you have to pay 10 bucks a month for unlimited text still

I wen't and got the phone I was wanting its by trac phone but they use virison tower. Great signal and i paid 99.00 for it. When the month is up i just go buy a new card.

stephen.g.fiddes 04-14-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger (Post 107856)
I wen't and got the phone I was wanting its by trac phone but they use virison tower. Great signal and i paid 99.00 for it. When the month is up i just go buy a new card.

Dude, I had tracfone twice, and ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. same with virgin mobile... gay as AIDS! Tracfone has crappy and slow service.

I am paying like, $30-$40 more a month, and I dont ever have to worry about running low on minutes, text, and I have unlimited internet. all for around $95 a month, but when my military discount kicks in, itll be around $85/month.

Here's what i have

iPhone
450 anytime W/ Rollover (basically unlimited for me)
unlimited txt
unlimited data
I only have to carry my phone, not my phone and iPod

Its well worth it to me to have that stuff. Granted, I have to keep the same phone for 2 years, and stay with At&t for 2 years, but that doesnt bother me at all. I love my iPhone, and i'm only paying a little more a month, and getting WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more goodies than tracfone could ever hope to dream of.

//end rant//

FoMoCo 04-14-2010 07:24 PM

i'm with t-mobile pre paid, have been since 2007, and never had a problem with it...the cool part about the mins, after the tfirst $100 you spend the airtime is good for 1 year.. so say when yout rime is up,a nd you need to buy time, if you buy a $25 card, the mins are good for a year... i will NEVER go back to a contract cell phone company EVER again, contracts suck ballz

Dcrymes99ranger 04-14-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoMoCo (Post 108051)
i'm with t-mobile pre paid, have been since 2007, and never had a problem with it...the cool part about the mins, after the tfirst $100 you spend the airtime is good for 1 year.. so say when yout rime is up,a nd you need to buy time, if you buy a $25 card, the mins are good for a year... i will NEVER go back to a contract cell phone company EVER again, contracts suck ballz

Contracts do suck monkey nuts. I absolutely love my new phone.

ecdak 04-14-2010 10:15 PM

what are cell phone companies scared of that they have to lock you into a contract anyways?

Tom 04-14-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdak (Post 108134)
what are cell phone companies scared of that they have to lock you into a contract anyways?

That you will switch providers... locking a consumer into a contract is a businessman's dream.

FoMoCo 04-14-2010 10:26 PM

like i said before, after having T-mobile, i will never go back to a contract phone