Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Exterior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/)
-   -   painting truck (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/10170-painting-truck.html)

js250 03-28-2010 03:39 PM

painting truck

how much should it cost to paint my whole truck because the local paint shop wants alot

Built Ford Tough 03-28-2010 04:49 PM

Re: painting truck

Dude it honestly depends on the quality of the paint, the painter, and the color... It can very A LOT

Ranger01 03-28-2010 04:53 PM

I got an estimate of 3200

Built Ford Tough 03-28-2010 05:02 PM

Yeah, you can sometimes find Cheap knockoffs of the color paint that you're lookin' for, but the most expensive part of the job is that ford 'copyrighted' most of the colors if you will... Or have exclusive usage rights or whatever...

Ranger01 03-28-2010 05:21 PM

I wanted ford factory black

drppdyllwrngr 03-28-2010 06:25 PM

black is one of the cheaper colors to get. but $3200 should get you a decent job. you can't expect to take it to maaco and get the $300 paint job and have it be show quality. i have almost $1000 in just my paint supplies alone. that doesn't include the actual work.

Built Ford Tough 03-29-2010 02:44 PM

Yeah Ford Factory Black... Ford in the name there, gunna be a purdy penny

js250 03-30-2010 08:59 AM

like 5600 is how much mine wanted

Tom 03-30-2010 09:18 AM

Just out of curiosity... why are you looking for a repaint? IMHO, if you just want your paint looking nice it would be far more cost effective to just go to a high priced detailer.

01_ranger_4x4 03-30-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough (Post 98238)
Yeah, you can sometimes find Cheap knockoffs of the color paint that you're lookin' for, but the most expensive part of the job is that ford 'copyrighted' most of the colors if you will... Or have exclusive usage rights or whatever...

thats not true, i have never even heard of such a thing. the biggest determining factor of price in a paint job is labor, not paint or materials. that color would probably be in the $300-$500 range depending on paint supplier plus materials and shop supplys, an estimated $500 give or take. if youre talking a complete re-paint it will include having to remove the bed to paint the back of the cab and box, inside the box, under the hood, inside of door jambs ect, thats where alot of the labor comes in. the estimate the OP got does seem rather high though but its def not out of the question if its a reputable shop. my suggestion if your serious about a full re-paint is to shop around, get more estimates and ask around and see what shops people have had good luck with and such.

Built Ford Tough 03-31-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 99150)
thats not true, i have never even heard of such a thing. the biggest determining factor of price in a paint job is labor, not paint or materials. that color would probably be in the $300-$500 range depending on paint supplier plus materials and shop supplys, an estimated $500 give or take. if youre talking a complete re-paint it will include having to remove the bed to paint the back of the cab and box, inside the box, under the hood, inside of door jambs ect, thats where alot of the labor comes in. the estimate the OP got does seem rather high though but its def not out of the question if its a reputable shop. my suggestion if your serious about a full re-paint is to shop around, get more estimates and ask around and see what shops people have had good luck with and such.

Agreed, however It does cost more to go OEM paint... That's how companies make their money lol, It's not off the truck its off the parts. But yeah Labor takes a HUGE role I neglected to menchine haha

KeyzzDzz 01-02-2016 12:18 AM

Ok... My Ranger was starting to rust bad and I was in a pinch with funds, but I couldnt let her rust away.... sooo... my neighbor took 2 qts of Rustoleum Paint! LOLOL... Check THIS Out! No Primer... no sanding... no clear coat... and its been a YEAR with no scratches or chips... I shit you not! And the whole thing cost $40 !!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.554151071408703.1073741826.100004414452699& type=1&l=c0802372df[/IMG]