Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey all . . . (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/introduce-yourself/1017-hey.html)

DrivAPrerunner 05-19-2009 09:17 PM

Hey all . . .

Greetings! My name is Trent Moore (23) and I'm local to Southern California where I was born and raised. I am a month away from graduating from California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo, California with a degree in Animal Science and a concentration in pre-veterinary medicine. I will be attending Western University for Veterinary School in August of this year.

I've been active in the off-road racing/Ranger community for about the last 8 years now, and it has been one heck of a ride thus far; I wouldn't have done anything differently. I started out in high school falling victim to the California "bro" scene and luckily was shown the light by some very good friends a couple of years later. Ever since then I've had little money but a lot of fun in the dirt as a result, :) .

I learned to drive off-road in my father's VW Bus and it kind of went from there. My first vehicle was a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge which I rolled my senior year of high school (lesson learned there, and I took it to heart). My current Ranger is a 2004 Edge which is now fully caged, linked, long-traveled, etc. I also have a 2004 double cab Tundra SR5 that acts as my tow rig and daily driver.

I'm always there to give a hand or hang out out no matter what the case, so feel free to contact me for whatever. I love mountain biking (as well as anything outdoors) so if there are some local outdoorsmen be sure to get in touch.

Hope you enjoyed my book. I look forward to contributing to this new community (thanks fordranger1 on Car Domain for the referral).

Tom 05-19-2009 10:11 PM

Hey Trent, that's quite an introduction, glad you could make it over here. Congrats on the graduation, must feel good!

So what's the status of the truck now days? Running good?

Alon 05-19-2009 10:23 PM

Whats up trent!?

DrivAPrerunner 05-19-2009 10:31 PM

Thanks guys, and it's good to see some familiar faces over here already.

The truck is still not running due to the fuel issue, but we're working on it. The frame was badly damaged from the last Pismo trip so it's getting new arm mounts, plating, crossmembers, etc. right now as well. Hopefully it will be put together for summer so I can get some more dirt in before classes start.

RangerJustin 05-20-2009 07:33 AM

Hey Trent! Congrats on graduation man! Where is Western located?? As soon as my welding class is done I will be jumping back on my bike, have you rode madonna mountain up in SLO??

TazDevil07 05-20-2009 07:38 AM

Welcome aboard Trent!

DrivAPrerunner 05-20-2009 04:02 PM

Thanks for the greetings.

Madonna is next on our list. I just got back on my mtn. bike about a month and a half ago and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. So far we've done Hazard/Manzanita/East Boundary in Montana Do Oro, Morning Glory/Shooters up on the Cuesta Grade, and Irish Hills Loop/King Trail/Mariposa off of Madonna (road). I can't wait to go to Sea Otter and Skyline when I get back to So. Cal.

RangerJustin 05-20-2009 10:42 PM

My buddy and I hit Madonna Mtn back in September, but that was all we went to, ran it twice, the rock garden is crazy as well as the middle third of the downhill where all the smooth jumps are, I need to get back there...