Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Had Any Compliments On Your Ranger? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/101212-compliments-ranger.html)

Bob C. of Indiana 10-20-2013 08:58 AM

Had Any Compliments On Your Ranger?

First, sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything like it.
I'll start this and wondering how many members have had a total stranger come up to them and mention that they like your Ranger.
I washed OL'Blackie last night and this morning cleaned the glass all around and was drinking my morning cup of coffee, smoking a cig in my chair in the garage and looked at her and thought I might as well throw on a coat of Collanite 845 on her before the snow flies so I waxed her up.
So at lunch grabbed the doggy and we headed to the gas station for some Chesterfried Chicken tenders and standing in line a boy about 28-32 walks up and asked if that was my black Ranger and I said sure is, he says what year is it and I told him 2004 and he says "boy you sure take care of that truck and it is beautiful and in great shape". Anyway my head barely cleared the door when I left and sure made me feel good that somebody appreciated my Ranger as much as I do.
Lets read your story! Bob C. :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/9126/7b9p.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/6656/am85.jpg

djfllmn 10-20-2013 09:01 AM

Re: Had Any Compliments On Your Ranger?

i had a few too, couple thumbs up stuff like that...my tbird is the real attention hog though lol

Bob C. of Indiana 10-20-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 1759547)
i had a few too, couple thumbs up stuff like that...my tbird is the real attention hog though lol

Thanks DJ, I'm sure you have had your share of head twisters and finger pointings,Mr.Clean. LOL!

86indy 10-20-2013 09:06 AM

I was out in a less suburban town (by IL Wisc boarder) and I was pumping gas and my buddy went in to use the bathroom and buy a pack of cigs and this guy was asking him all these questions about my truck (my buddy was like cornered while waiting for the bathroom). It was the funniest thing ever my buddy had to talk to this guy for like 5 mins and it wasn't his truck I walk in and he points to me and goes thats the trucks owner not me! And make a quick escape into the bathroom. But the guy was older maybe 55ish and really nice, but it I thought that was just hilarious.

Bob C. of Indiana 10-20-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86indy (Post 1759575)
I was out in a less suburban town (by IL Wisc boarder) and I was pumping gas and my buddy went in to use the bathroom and buy a pack of cigs and this guy was asking him all these questions about my truck (my buddy was like cornered while waiting for the bathroom). It was the funniest thing ever my buddy had to talk to this guy for like 5 mins and it wasn't his truck I walk in and he points to me and goes thats the trucks owner not me! And make a quick escape into the bathroom. But the guy was older maybe 55ish and really nice, but it I thought that was just hilarious.

Nick I think there is a lot of old guys like me who have dreamed of a Ranger for a long time and interested in them.I didn't get my first truck until I retired.I traded my Honda Civic Ex coupe for it,boy huge difference in gas mileage but I haven't any regrets.

ford4thot 10-20-2013 09:15 AM

I've had random ppl walk by while I'm working out of it and tell me how good the ranger looks.

But like dj mentioned, the Z is the real head turner, as soon as I put new rims on I even caught ppl taking pics lol

86indy 10-20-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob C. of Indiana (Post 1759594)
Nick I think there is a lot of old guys like me who have dreamed of a Ranger for a long time and interested in them.I didn't get my first truck until I retired.I traded my Honda Civic Ex coupe for it,boy huge difference in gas mileage but I haven't any regrets.

Yeah can understand that. Out there its wonder lake but commonly referred to as wondertucky. The guy was obsessing over my wheels bc they are like buckets gotta love those 15x10s hah. Then theres always the pist off looks you get from f150, silverado and ram 1500s that I sit level with them haha

djfllmn 10-20-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford4thot (Post 1759605)
I've had random ppl walk by while I'm working out of it and tell me how good the ranger looks.

But like dj mentioned, the Z is the real head turner, as soon as I put new rims on I even caught ppl taking pics lol

lol you too huh? i see that all the time

Bob C. of Indiana 10-20-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford4thot (Post 1759605)

The Z car is a chick magnet,the Ranger is a old fart magnet,LOL! :eek:

ford4thot 10-20-2013 09:26 AM

Had Any Compliments On Your Ranger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 1759620)
lol you too huh? i see that all the time

Yeah first time we were walking out of the movie theater and a guy and girl were there. He was taking pics, and my gf said she heard his gf calling him a dork lol

Bitzy 10-20-2013 09:27 AM

A day or two after I got my brushguard and lights on I parked next to another ranger at school. He got out of his truck and said "I really like that brush guard. It dresses the truck up nice."

Then later that day I walked to my truck after lunch and the officer that gives parking tickets came up to me complementing it too.

A couple days later I was in walking into science and a guy was leaving. On his way out he said "Jaden, that brush guard looks sick on your truck!"

ford4thot 10-20-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob C. of Indiana (Post 1759650)
The Z car is a chick magnet,the Ranger is a old fart magnet,LOL! :eek:

I've only gotten compliments from dudes on it-_- lol one guy even seriously offered me a Lincoln LS V8 + $3000 cash in trade lol

He, no joke, said "you know how much vag I could get in that" LOL!!!

OhioMike 10-20-2013 09:28 AM

A gay guy in my apt. complex told me in passing that my truck 'was pretty'.

ford4thot 10-20-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitzy (Post 1759657)
A day or two after I got my brushguard and lights on I parked next to another ranger at school. He got out of his truck and said "I really like that brush guard. It dresses the truck up nice."

Then later that day I walked to my truck after lunch and the officer that gives parking tickets came up to me complementing it too.

A couple days later I was in walking into science and a guy was leaving. On his way out he said "Jaden, that brush guard looks sick on your truck!"

Pretty cool feeling huh!!

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioMike (Post 1759660)
A gay guy in my apt. complex told me in passing that my truck 'was pretty'.

Still counts lol

Bob C. of Indiana 10-20-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford4thot (Post 1759659)
I've only gotten compliments from dudes on it-_- lol one guy even seriously offered me a Lincoln LS V8 + $3000 cash in trade lol

He, no joke, said "you know how much vag I could get in that" LOL!!!

I can bet you keep the Z spotless. I had a Corvette once so I know what a chick magnet really is,LOL! :eek: