Well for X-Mas I am getting a new camera. Now here comes my delima, its been a good 6 years sense I have looked at cameras and a lot has changed.
Here is what I am looking for:
- HD Video. From what I have been seeing most cameras come with this now. I don't shoot enough video to need a camcorder but the lil bit that of video that I shoot I would like to be decent quality. I also understand that this is a camera not a camcorder.
- I would like it too use standard batteries. It is much easier to grab a set of AA's than a replacement battery pack.
- Zoom. I don't need a bajillion times zoom but would like something better than 3-4X.
- Settings. I am not good enough too use full manual ssettings but I would like a lil more than just your average Point-N-Shoot.
- Megapixels. Really any camera on the market today has enough pixels too print great quality 5x7's.
- Price. I would like to keep it close to $300. Not too much more and less is always good.
The camera doesn't need to meet all the criteria. I am more than willing to give in one area to gain in another. There is just so many cameras on the market now its overwhelming. Here are two cameras I have been looking at as of recently.