Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!
  #20161  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 AM
fstcarkid fstcarkid is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhippie View Post
they take anything you can throw at them.
except multiple 3rd gear chirps in one night!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits
the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
ya, i can be a dick, dont like it? put a bullet in ur brain
its hard to find good help

"i used to sell, i know pot math"- smakes
  #20162  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridranger03 View Post
thats where my dad fell into the hyundai craze. he bought an accent hatchback and drove it for a while and then bought my stepmom a 2007 sonata. she was t-boned in a bad accident a few months later. she spent 2 months in the hospital and nearly 3 weeks in icu. She says she'll never drive anything but a hyundai again. Hyundai advertises their lower prices and better quality against everyone else but I haven't fell for the quality yet. Their interiers always seem to be inferior to everyone else anyways.
You.. have.. to.. test drive.. the 2011 sonata!! It looks nothing like the 2010 (ew).

198hp (if i remember right) out of an economical 4cyls, a 6 speed transmission, veeeeery spacious and well designed interior.

I took one out to try, all i could say was damn and omg all the way from and back to the dealership.

lol
  #20163  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 AM
rangerhippie rangerhippie is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 376
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstcarkid View Post
NICE! and there is always a place to ride, you just have to explore, go do some urban riding, jump stair gaps and shit. lol. when i get the intense all put together im gonna be anxious to hit that 19 foot step down and the step up step down. i cant do a whole lot of jumping on my trek, it couldnt with hold the landings. lol. ive done wall rides and some little dirt jumps on it, but nothing to huge. i just hate being limited on the size of the jumps, so thats why im buying the intense. i started riding dirt bikes when i was 10 and the jumps just kept getting bigger and bigger. guess im doing the same thing on the bikes now. lol
i hear ya about the dirt bikes. i actually started riding dirt bikes before i started riding mtn bikes. i actually picked up mtn. bikes because it was a way for me to keep in shape through the off season when i wasn't racing when i was younger. i fell in love with it though and just kept doing it. now i don't race anymore but do still ride mtn. bikes. my first was a trek 720 with no suspension. i beat the shit out of that bike and went through a ton of rims.
__________________
91 ranger std cab 2wd 2.3L (my latest project)
build thread: http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...carnation.html
Afterhours Clan
  #20164  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 AM
aridranger03 aridranger03 is offline
3.0hhh
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 171
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
You.. have.. to.. test drive.. the 2011 sonata!! It looks nothing like the 2010 (ew).

198hp (if i remember right) out of an economical 4cyls, a 6 speed transmission, veeeeery spacious and well designed interior.

I took one out to try, all i could say was damn and omg all the way from and back to the dealership.

lol
yes i like the looks of the 2011s 100x better than the 10's and below but it's if i could bring myself to buy one. i just have doubts that those cars can last as long as a honda. we have a 2006 sonata now with 80k miles and its a/c needs charging, the steering shakes some on the highway, and like i said before, the interior just seems cheap
__________________
1999 Ford F-150 XLT S-Cab 4x4 4.6 V8 3:55 L/S
Traded - 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Reg. Cab Flareside 3.0 V6
5 Speed 2wd 4:10 Limited Slip
Mods: Cargo Light, Map Lights, Tow Hooks, Fabtech Add-A-Leaf, Ford Step Bars, 06 Tails
Future Plans: 06+ Corners, Tint
Got a 3.0? Join Us!
Southeast Rangers Join Here!
  #20165  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 AM
fstcarkid fstcarkid is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhippie View Post
i hear ya about the dirt bikes. i actually started riding dirt bikes before i started riding mtn bikes. i actually picked up mtn. bikes because it was a way for me to keep in shape through the off season when i wasn't racing when i was younger. i fell in love with it though and just kept doing it. now i don't race anymore but do still ride mtn. bikes. my first was a trek 720 with no suspension. i beat the shit out of that bike and went through a ton of rims.
i actually just rode dirt bikes cause i thought it looked fun and 3 weeks later my dad found a killer deal on a yz80 and i just couldnt stop riding. i dont ride anymore, i had to sell my last bike cause of my parents divorce shit. i had an old schwinn bmx bike that i would just ride around town and jump shit on it, i knew how to work on the bike and do tune ups. i didnt really get into mtn. biking till about 3 yrs ago on april 21st to be exact, lol. thats when my mom met my step dad at our friends party and he said "do you like bikes?" i said "ya, love doing jumps and shit, but i dont have a very good bike" he said "well check this shit out" and popped in a DVD called "Rome" and then i was hooked from there. i havnt ridden a bmx bike since. lol
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits
the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
ya, i can be a dick, dont like it? put a bullet in ur brain
its hard to find good help

"i used to sell, i know pot math"- smakes
  #20166  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
rangerhippie rangerhippie is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 376
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstcarkid View Post
i actually just rode dirt bikes cause i thought it looked fun and 3 weeks later my dad found a killer deal on a yz80 and i just couldnt stop riding. i dont ride anymore, i had to sell my last bike cause of my parents divorce shit. i had an old schwinn bmx bike that i would just ride around town and jump shit on it, i knew how to work on the bike and do tune ups. i didnt really get into mtn. biking till about 3 yrs ago on april 21st to be exact, lol. thats when my mom met my step dad at our friends party and he said "do you like bikes?" i said "ya, love doing jumps and shit, but i dont have a very good bike" he said "well check this shit out" and popped in a DVD called "Rome" and then i was hooked from there. i havnt ridden a bmx bike since. lol
i started out on bmx at first just because it kind of went with MX racing and a lot of my friends did it. then i started doing the freestyle stuff then as i got older its kinda faided into the mtn. bike thing. I still BMX here and there mostly dirt jumping but now adays my body just really can't take the abuse (due to some very bad MX injuries) so i do more mtn. bike trail riding than anything else. thats genrally what comes third in life is my bikes lol. first comes my music, then my cars, then my bikes lol
__________________
91 ranger std cab 2wd 2.3L (my latest project)
build thread: http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...carnation.html
Afterhours Clan
  #20167  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

i'm back whats on the chat tonight
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
  #20168  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhippie View Post
IMO no not really for what you get. not as far as features go, but you get a car that ill literally never die. i've had many cars but have never been able to break a civic, they take anything you can throw at them. besides the fact that they are popular so that obviously drives up the price. you can find a decent one for around 1000 but a real nice one for around 3000
Hondas often break (my brother had a few), i hate driving behind an old import, they always seem to either puff black or blue and stink up the place. They'll always run, but at what price..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridranger03 View Post
yes hondas hold their value, but i think they are worth the extra money in the long run
That's because the price you buy them at are so inflated, that you think they don't lose as much as a more affordable car. 20k (can funds) for a 2010 base civic sedan is rediculous to me when a 2011 sonata with a/c power everything, 6 speakers system, esc, tcs, ebd, 6 speed manual, 50 more hps, alarm/keyless entry, cruise control, bluetooth, power heated mirrors will only cost 4k more.

Anyways, lol, it comes down to a matter of personal preference
  #20169  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 AM
fstcarkid fstcarkid is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 32
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhippie View Post
i started out on bmx at first just because it kind of went with MX racing and a lot of my friends did it. then i started doing the freestyle stuff then as i got older its kinda faided into the mtn. bike thing. I still BMX here and there mostly dirt jumping but now adays my body just really can't take the abuse (due to some very bad MX injuries) so i do more mtn. bike trail riding than anything else. thats genrally what comes third in life is my bikes lol. first comes my music, then my cars, then my bikes lol
totally hear ya on the injuries. i have some pretty badass looking battle wounds i got from, bikes, skateboards, and dirt bikes. my buddy had to have shoulder surgery about a year ago because he laid his dirt bike down pretty hard. my bikes come 4th in my life. lol. friends/family, supporting myself, cars, then bikes. lol. i pretty much have to pay for ALL of my things around my house. including food. every single item i have ive pretty much had to drop my own damn money on it. lol
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits
the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
ya, i can be a dick, dont like it? put a bullet in ur brain
its hard to find good help

"i used to sell, i know pot math"- smakes
  #20170  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 AM
More_Cowbell More_Cowbell is offline
Chrome Dont Get You Home
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

You'll never cattch my ass buying anything that dosent have a blue oval on it haha
__________________
1990 Ranger Extended Cab
2.9L V6 5 Speed Transmission
Planning to put a 347 and a T-5 in it eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
It looks like someone attacked the front of the truck with a bedazzler.
  #20171  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by More_Cowbell View Post
You'll never cattch my ass buying anything that dosent have a blue oval on it haha
I have no loyalty to any brand, but i only hate one.

lol
  #20172  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 AM
rangerhippie rangerhippie is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 376
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Anyways, lol, it comes down to a matter of personal preference
your absolutely right it is all personal preference. i personally have never liked hyundai. above all though i will always be a Ford truck guy lol
__________________
91 ranger std cab 2wd 2.3L (my latest project)
build thread: http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...carnation.html
Afterhours Clan
  #20173  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 AM
aridranger03 aridranger03 is offline
3.0hhh
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 171
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Hondas often break (my brother had a few), i hate driving behind an old import, they always seem to either puff black or blue and stink up the place. They'll always run, but at what price..



That's because the price you buy them at are so inflated, that you think they don't lose as much as a more affordable car. 20k (can funds) for a 2010 base civic sedan is rediculous to me when a 2011 sonata with a/c power everything, 6 speakers system, esc, tcs, ebd, 6 speed manual, 50 more hps, alarm/keyless entry, cruise control, bluetooth, power heated mirrors will only cost 4k more.

Anyways, lol, it comes down to a matter of personal preference
yes i see ur point, but i'm wondering if that sonata can live up to the honda's reliability.
__________________
1999 Ford F-150 XLT S-Cab 4x4 4.6 V8 3:55 L/S
Traded - 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Reg. Cab Flareside 3.0 V6
5 Speed 2wd 4:10 Limited Slip
Mods: Cargo Light, Map Lights, Tow Hooks, Fabtech Add-A-Leaf, Ford Step Bars, 06 Tails
Future Plans: 06+ Corners, Tint
Got a 3.0? Join Us!
Southeast Rangers Join Here!
  #20174  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
More_Cowbell More_Cowbell is offline
Chrome Dont Get You Home
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Well my last name is ford so pretty much as diehard a ford fan as there is
__________________
1990 Ranger Extended Cab
2.9L V6 5 Speed Transmission
Planning to put a 347 and a T-5 in it eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
It looks like someone attacked the front of the truck with a bedazzler.
  #20175  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
aridranger03 aridranger03 is offline
3.0hhh
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 171
Default Re: FRF Afterhours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerhippie View Post
your absolutely right it is all personal preference. i personally have never liked hyundai. above all though i will always be a Ford truck guy lol
x2, i'm still a ford truck guy and nothings gonna change that!
__________________
1999 Ford F-150 XLT S-Cab 4x4 4.6 V8 3:55 L/S
Traded - 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Reg. Cab Flareside 3.0 V6
5 Speed 2wd 4:10 Limited Slip
Mods: Cargo Light, Map Lights, Tow Hooks, Fabtech Add-A-Leaf, Ford Step Bars, 06 Tails
Future Plans: 06+ Corners, Tint
Got a 3.0? Join Us!
Southeast Rangers Join Here!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FRF Official Burn out thread. Dcrymes99ranger Vehicle Snapshots 24 10-22-2010 10:08 PM
FRF Official Ranger with Mustang wheels thread.. Dcrymes99ranger Vehicle Snapshots 17 10-15-2010 06:47 AM
who will b the last to post in this thread tskater14 General Tech 3 10-06-2010 01:43 PM
This thread is for a photos of azgilamonster Vehicle Snapshots 34 09-15-2010 09:31 AM
Official 2010 FRF Branson meet pics thread. TheBearJeweler Meet & Greet Photos 19 06-15-2010 09:27 AM