Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #676  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 PM
gman_40 gman_40 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

M1A2 Sep V2 Main Battle Tank Instructor, Abrams NETT. Teach soldiers how to maintain, Operate and Shoot the weapon systems on the vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 03-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Jack the Hound Jack the Hound is offline
Lava Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 103
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

^^^^ keep up the good work. My company got helped out of a jam back in 04 in fallujah by some of you guys.
__________________
2008 4.0 4x4, RCI front and transfer case skid plate, 31" BFG A/T tires, Bilstein shocks, Belltech 6400 shackles...

SEMPER FI
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 03-29-2014, 05:41 AM
SpitfireJoe SpitfireJoe is offline
2003 Edge 4.0/Auto 4X4
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 71
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Fascinating thread...

I'm a Plant Operations Technician for a large multinational company that makes everything from food to fuel and plastics in Eastern Nebraska. I work in a division that basically ferments dextrose into a natural low calorie sweetener.

Past jobs;
- Sales of educational products (about 4 years)
- Sales of Hearses and Limousines (20+ years, sold cars in 44 states)
- High School and Junior High Social Science teacher (13 years)
- Part time construction framer (decks, houses too - while teaching)
- Sales at a Ford Dealership (1 year)
- Lifeguard for small town pool and for US Gov at local wildlife refuge
- Worked at our family owned grain elevator in Iowa

Damn... I'm getting old! Plan to work another 10 years or so to finance the vintage sports car racing hobby I'm getting into.
__________________
Joe Guinan - Spitfirejoe - Fremont, NE
2003 Ranger Edge Plus Extended Cab Flareside, 4.0 SOHC, Automatic, 4X4, Oxford White with Charcoal Gray interior. 32,600 miles on purchase date of 6/17/2013.
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 AM
4x4_96_ranger 4x4_96_ranger is offline
Michael Storie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 79
Default

I am a heavy-duty trailer technician for Missouri Great Dane trailers which is a subdivision of Midway Trailers. I diagnose, repair, maintain, and customize refer, dry van, and flat bed trailers. Anything from welding to painting to changing tires.
__________________
1996 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed
3" Body Lift, warn hub lockers,
chrome blade wheels, flow-master super 40 series muffler, 30x9.50R15 Bf Goodrich All-Terrains,
Front and Rear receivers, fog lights, mossy oak emblems and vinyls
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4_96_ranger View Post
I am a heavy-duty trailer technician for Missouri Great Dane trailers which is a subdivision of Midway Trailers. I diagnose, repair, maintain, and customize refer, dry van, and flat bed trailers. Anything from welding to painting to changing tires.
Wow. Great Dane is a subdivision. As many as there are I would have expected it to be the other way around.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton64xl View Post

Go to www.mgmbrakes.com and check out our products

Over 20 different models of spring brakes, including both double diaphragm and piston style models are available. We also offer a large variety of replacement parts for the aftermarket. MGM Brakes is a

supplier to domestic and global, truck, trailer, bus and specialty

vehicle manufacturers...worldwide!
Thanks
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 03-29-2014, 09:03 AM
4x4_96_ranger 4x4_96_ranger is offline
Michael Storie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 79
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS4LIFE View Post
Wow. Great Dane is a subdivision. As many as there are I would have expected it to be the other way around.

----------



Thanks
Sorry I said that in a confusing way the MISSOURI GREAT DANE (Location I work at) is the subdivision of midway trailers, not the entire Great Dane Company, my bad.
__________________
1996 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed
3" Body Lift, warn hub lockers,
chrome blade wheels, flow-master super 40 series muffler, 30x9.50R15 Bf Goodrich All-Terrains,
Front and Rear receivers, fog lights, mossy oak emblems and vinyls
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 PM
GreatDane GreatDane is offline
A lonely dane
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4_96_ranger View Post
Sorry I said that in a confusing way the MISSOURI GREAT DANE (Location I work at) is the subdivision of midway trailers, not the entire Great Dane Company, my bad.
Anyone know if it's danish owned?
__________________
1997 - 4.0 - Auto - 4x4 - Extended cab

1997 - 4 banger - 5-speed - 2WD - Extended cab
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 03-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Clinton64xl Clinton64xl is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 315
Send a message via Yahoo to Clinton64xl
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4_96_ranger View Post
I am a heavy-duty trailer technician for Missouri Great Dane trailers which is a subdivision of Midway Trailers. I diagnose, repair, maintain, and customize refer, dry van, and flat bed trailers. Anything from welding to painting to changing tires.
We make brakes for Great Dane, but not as many as we use to.. Alot of our customers have went to a cheaper less expensive brake company.. When i was hired at MGM Brakes 16 years ago, the company was booming and at the time we had 3 shifts going and putting out up to 60,000 to 80,000 brakes a week.. Now that the economony has been on a roller coaster ride these past few years, we barely get 20,000 brakes a week with only 1 shift working now.. A big part of the problem is that MGM's patten on our main tandam TR roll over Brake expired about 4 years ago and now the WHOLE world now can make our tandem brakes and sell them for alot less.. We are now competing with China, Mexico and other Countries which by for makes a less expensive brake.. But their air brakes isn't a good quality brake like MGM brakes makes.. We back up a 3 to 5 year warrenty on our air brakes.. MGM Brakes a American owned company which is known worldwide.. We have only two major plants, one in Cloverdale, CA and one in Murphy, NC..
__________________
ALL JACKED UP..... 4.0 V6 manual 5 speed, K&N cold air filter system, Helix high tower throttle body spacer, 33/12.50r15 BF Goodwrench A/T, 456 gears, 4" suspension lift, 3" body lift, james duff arms, fox racing shocks, superlift springs, dual exhaust, flowmaster super 10, Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS, Polk Audio MM series speakers and 10" subs, Polk Audio Amps, Rockford fosgate wiring and capacitor, Streetglow lights.. http://www.jamesduff.com/
http://streetglow.com
http://facebook.com/clinton64xl
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton64xl View Post

We make brakes for Great Dane, but not as many as we use to.. Alot of our customers have went to a cheaper less expensive brake company.. When i was hired at MGM Brakes 16 years ago, the company was booming and at the time we had 3 shifts going and putting out up to 60,000 to 80,000 brakes a week.. Now that the economony has been on a roller coaster ride these past few years, we barely get 20,000 brakes a week with only 1 shift working now.. A big part of the problem is that MGM's patten on our main tandam TR roll over Brake expired about 4 years ago and now the WHOLE world now can make our tandem brakes and sell them for alot less.. We are now competing with China, Mexico and other Countries which by for makes a less expensive brake.. But their air brakes isn't a good quality brake like MGM brakes makes.. We back up a 3 to 5 year warrenty on our air brakes.. MGM Brakes a American owned company which is known worldwide.. We have only two major plants, one in Cloverdale, CA and one in Murphy, NC..
Yeah that makes sense huh. Go the cheapest way for brakes and then put 40,000 lbs on them and then put them on public highways. Smh
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 AM
ezwelds ezwelds is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 0
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

I am a welder/ fabricator in Elkhart IN, 35+ years exp.
Moved back to Indiana in 2010 after living in the western USA.
Left IN after the blizzard in 1978.
__________________
LUVINMYRANGER
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,977
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwelds View Post
I am a welder/ fabricator in Elkhart IN, 35+ years exp.
Moved back to Indiana in 2010 after living in the western USA.
Left IN after the blizzard in 1978.
I've picked up many skills over the years, but welding is not one of them. I would love to be able to weld, but I really need more space than I have now. Not to mention a welder...
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:02 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
I've picked up many skills over the years, but welding is not one of them. I would love to be able to weld, but I really need more space than I have now. Not to mention a welder...
Its not hard just like everything else. Quality comes with experience.
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,310
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Not to mention a welder...
lol

Details, details.
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:15 AM
johnday johnday is offline
Useless olde guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,226
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

And, you need to keep doing it to maintain your skills. That said, I haven't burned any rod for three years. When I do wire my welder in, I'll start in privacy so no one sees the bird shit!!!! But wait, isn't that what a Metabo is for?!?!LOL
__________________
'04 Edge, Scab/flareside, 2wd, 3.0, 5 speed, 4:10 open. Billet grille, Raceline Raptor black wheels, 265/75/16 DuraTracs. Tbar crank, AAL. Fox shocks, Thrush welded SI/DO swept back side exit. Morimoto projectors, '06 tails and power mirrors. LEDs all the way around. Blacked out fender badge. Access Limited rollup tonneau. 5% tint on back three windows. Airbox mod, FWIW. And a Border Collie that likes it too!!
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,729
Default Re: What do you do for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
And, you need to keep doing it to maintain your skills. That said, I haven't burned any rod for three years. When I do wire my welder in, I'll start in privacy so no one sees the bird shit!!!! But wait, isn't that what a Metabo is for?!?!LOL
You mean mig welding? lol I've only used it to weld tabs together but I didn't do to bad. Its not that hard but I do know stick welding is hard..
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search