Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:40 PM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default headlight pet peeve!

For some odd reason, whenever I see a vehicle at night that has missaligned headlights (one pointed at the sky, the other down and 3 feet to the side) for example. it ticks me off! I'm not 100% sure why, I guess it's because they are uncaring about others safety.
Once, i saw a toyota 4Runner, who's headlights were actually lighting up the tops of trees. Sounds silly, but people who's headlights are poorly aimed,are lazy asses. Another headlight pet peeve I have are the people who drive with absoutely awful headlights (terrible light output) yet, they won't install a set of fog or driving lights to help them light the road. I was passing a chevy tracker on a dark rural highway and thought "that idiot doesn't have his lights on" because the entire front area of his tracker was completely dark. I yelled "turn on your headlights!" to which he shouted "they are, *******!" and they were... but like I said before, the entire road was completely dark, even with his headlights on. I thought "what a moron... he should install a set of driving lights"
Ok, end rant!
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

yeah that is a pet peeve of mine as well. i take special care to be sure my lights are aimed properly and it drives me nuts when some dick in the the oncoming lane has one headlight pointed directly into my eyes. another thing that drives me crazy are the dicks that think its cool to drive around with just there amber parking lights on at night. news flash, its not cool and it makes you look dumb because its not that hard to turn the knob one more click to turn the headlights on. / rant
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
nicksranger01 nicksranger01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

It pisses me off also but I can't get to pissed because sadly my passenger light is pointing a little higher because I broke my adjuster
__________________
01 Ranger XLT 4.0 Auto stepside 4wd
MODS: K&N drop in with silencer removed, throttle cable mod, HID 6000k, dual exhaust, euro tails, stock rims with 265/75r16 Enduro runway M/Ts (winter tires), bucket seats, center console, and black plastic inside, white gauges, 2 P.Miller 12s with 2 800 watt Pioneer amps, Kenwood deck and Kicker 6x8 in front and pioneer 6x8s in the rear(soon to match the front)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH TECH REDNECK View Post
4.0 sohc pissin people off since 2001
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

I hate bright ass HIDs that arent aimed.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 PM
rugerm77 rugerm77 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Haha I totally agree.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT, 4.0 liter, dark blue, tinted widows, flowmasters series 40 exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Skylark65 Skylark65 is offline
"Race Internals"
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

i hate how every night i get about 5-10 people throw their high beams on because my low beams are so bright.
__________________
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine090767 View Post
For some odd reason, whenever I see a vehicle at night that has missaligned headlights (one pointed at the sky, the other down and 3 feet to the side) for example. it ticks me off! I'm not 100% sure why, I guess it's because they are uncaring about others safety.
Once, i saw a toyota 4Runner, who's headlights were actually lighting up the tops of trees. Sounds silly, but people who's headlights are poorly aimed,are lazy asses. Another headlight pet peeve I have are the people who drive with absoutely awful headlights (terrible light output) yet, they won't install a set of fog or driving lights to help them light the road. I was passing a chevy tracker on a dark rural highway and thought "that idiot doesn't have his lights on" because the entire front area of his tracker was completely dark. I yelled "turn on your headlights!" to which he shouted "they are, *******!" and they were... but like I said before, the entire road was completely dark, even with his headlights on. I thought "what a moron... he should install a set of driving lights"
Ok, end rant!
my driver side is pointed up and my pasanger side is pointed down Reason i have it pointed like such said is because its makes it to where i can see better. See you complain about them being too bright and then you rant about them not even being on or not bright enough please make up your mind and you can't really point them to the right or left in a Ranger.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
I hate bright ass HIDs that arent aimed.
I don't like the HID's that aren't even in projectors.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v

Last edited by Pasco08; 07-26-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
90fordranger 90fordranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 685
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

haha, Mine on my ranger are so dim, I can't stand it. My brights can't even keep up with People lights. So for highway driving, I installed the K/C's (found out they are not actually K/C's though) Then replaced the bulbs with the street legal bulbs.. Though there still too bright for city driving. But they do help.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
I hate bright ass HIDs that arent aimed.
x2 Though I just hate them plainly, for one because I want them and don't have then and for 2 because there a pain in the ass when other cars have them, and there blinding me.
__________________
90 ranger 2.9 v6, 5 speed
regular cab long box 2wd.
feature mods-
short ram intake, dynomax exhaust, homade bull guard here soon, 2" body lift 4" suspension lift, 33 bfg all terains.
selling the truck this summer and buying a new ranger hopefully.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,770
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

never thought id say this but i agree with you terry...and x2 on the HIDs
__________________
2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.0
1968 Ford Thunderbird Tudor 429 Thunderjet V8

(Click for Project Log)

traded-2007 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4
Sold:03 Sonic Blue FX4 Steppie 4.0SOHC 5spd
ranger free since 6/15/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
These threads make me feel better about myself....
Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
Welcome to the internet, if this is your first visit to it I suggest you stock up on a lot of preparation h cause you gonna be butt hurt a lot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco08 View Post
my driver side is pointed up and my pasanger side is pointed down Reason i have it pointed like such said is because its makes it to where i can see better. See you complain about them being too bright and then you rant about them not even being on or not bright enough please make up your mind and you can't really point them to the right or left in a Ranger..
thats whats nice about the 2000+ ford ranger headlights. since you cannot adjust them horizontally, they are already aimed slightly towards the right side (towards the shoulder) which means if you aim them higher (vertically) the lights goes up and out, towards the shoulder, NOT into oncoming drivers eyes.
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine090767 View Post
thats whats nice about the 2000+ ford ranger headlights. since you cannot adjust them horizontally, they are already aimed slightly towards the right side (towards the shoulder) which means if you aim them higher (vertically) the lights goes up and out, towards the shoulder, NOT into oncoming drivers eyes.
When i got the Truck they were aimed by the Ford Dealership and i couldn't see jackshit with how they aimed them. Not to mention the Stock bulbs are crap.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
kmk7110 kmk7110 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 322
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

I also hate when headlights are bouncing, like when you go down a bouncy road and they are all jittery. Irritates the hell outta me.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger FX4 in Red
Line-X Bedliner, Access Laredo Tonneau Cover
OHC, Mustang Dome Mod, Cargo Light Mod
DDM 4500K High/Low Heads & Fogs
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD HU (Backup Camera/DVD Bypass
Rockford Fosgate 500-2 Amp, 1 10in Pioneer Sub
Working On the BL and 33 12.5 15 on Eagle Allow 10.5 wide rims
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 AM
JGiddy JGiddy is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk7110 View Post
I also hate when headlights are bouncing, like when you go down a bouncy road and they are all jittery. Irritates the hell outta me.
Mine used to do that till I realized I was missing a bolt on each side of my header panel behind the grill
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 AM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

I agree Machine. I also dislike improperly installed HID kits, with or without projectors. They blind the crap out of everyone. The jiggly headlight thing is annoying too.
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Christianguy Christianguy is offline
TRUCK SOLD!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,025
Default Re: headlight pet peeve!

Loose / jiggy lights piss me off too!
I hate it when people "stick " fog lights onto there front plastic valance...idiots!
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XL
Vulcan V6, K&N 33-2106 Filter, 3:73 Gears,
FRONT 3'' Susp Lift/REAR 3'' susp.+ 3" blocks,06 Mirrors
31"/10.5"-15" BFG on AR-172 Polished Rims,Smitybilt Console
95 Mustang Saleen Seats,Alternating Blinker MOD
Pioneer CD/iPod/GPS,6.5 Polk Audio/6.5 Sub-Woofers,
Stainless Bed Extender,Throttle and Dome Light MOD,
12" Tool Box,Billet Grille,NightShade Tint,Projector Headlamps
6000K H.I.D. so i can see at night! LOL


JESUS is LORD!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headlight Fading Maroon272 Cleaning and Detailing 12 03-28-2011 10:45 AM
Headlight Mod Rage Vehicle Snapshots 10 03-01-2011 08:33 PM
Headlight Adjusters. Help btm757 General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 03-01-2011 08:28 PM
Headlight ?'s 01 XLT Exterior Tech 9 08-22-2010 12:55 AM
Want to Buy: Headlight DangaRanger Exterior Parts 17 02-14-2010 10:25 PM