Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Not saying i agree with any of this what are your thoughts on this?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/exclusiv...132515206.html
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

I'll put my neck out there since I know I'm outnumbered this should be good...

In 2006 I may not have been as willing to give the government more money based on the economy but IMO the ability to keep jobs, keep creating projects, and keep the economy moving forward is reason enough for me to raise the ceiling.

On that note I do think we need to get back to the mindset of the Clinton era of paying some of this debt off...
__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
day004 day004 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 49
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
I'll put my neck out there since I know I'm outnumbered this should be good...

In 2006 I may not have been as willing to give the government more money based on the economy but IMO the ability to keep jobs, keep creating projects, and keep the economy moving forward is reason enough for me to raise the ceiling.

On that note I do think we need to get back to the mindset of the Clinton era of paying some of this debt off...
Agreed. Remember how bad the econony was during the Clinton Presidency. The only time since WW2 that the middle class saw any real economic gains. But the taxes on the wealthy and business were so high that job creation only added 22 million jobs. Awefull. Then we got the biggest contributor to the defict we can fix, the Bush tax cuts on those job creators.. AH that is why Bushs job # are so good, He added ....NO JOBS. Yeah but lets keep those tax cuts in place.
No jobs-Adds to defict. I see where the GOP is going with this..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 AM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

we can not raise the debt ceiling. The country needs to default. None of that BS will happen if we dont raise the debt ceiling.

btw, social security has NOTHING to do with the countrys DEBT!!! Entitlements are NOT DEBT!!! social security, military pay, etc. are all entitlements. This is why people are so stupid, they buy into what the president says, just because he says it, does not make it so
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM
webster426 webster426 is offline
Republican
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 336
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

We should take over every country we owe debt to and rule the world.....
__________________
2000 Ranger XLT 3.0L V6

Rancho 9000XL's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM
JesuSaves JesuSaves is offline
California Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster426 View Post
We should take over every country we owe debt to and rule the world.....
I agree!
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab/Oxford White/2.3DOHC/power windows,locks,cruise control, Satellite and MP3, 5-speed manual, tinted windows, leather wrapped steering wheel, Ford over-the-rail bed liner, custom seat covers. I think this is supposed to be a fleet truck, but now its just my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
we can not raise the debt ceiling. The country needs to default. None of that BS will happen if we dont raise the debt ceiling.

btw, social security has NOTHING to do with the countrys DEBT!!! Entitlements are NOT DEBT!!! social security, military pay, etc. are all entitlements. This is why people are so stupid, they buy into what the president says, just because he says it, does not make it so
Jason your so full of it its not even funny. To Default would cause so many problems. And that would be contradicting everyones claims of how republicans are trying to create jobs. I honestly can't believe you just said that.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v

Last edited by DieHard4rd; 07-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

listen. You are pretty quick at throwing out insults and bringing in curse words against folks. You sir are the product of liberal brain washing. Please do not make me post the facts on this forum and show you how wrong you are. I do believe I gave you a "insert foot in mouth" moment on your other postings about tax rate and what people "rich" really pay.

Fact of the matter is, not raising the debt ceiling is not going to "break" the country.

----------

Im afraid I am going to have to once again post the facts about this issue.

"If Congress refuses to raise the debt ceiling, the federal government will still have more than enough money to fully service the debt."

"As long as the government continues to pay interest on the debt, then it technically is not in default."

"Withtax revenues expected to be $2.2 trillion, interest payments amount to roughly $300 billion—this would still leave $1.9 trillion in revenues to pay for the government's most important priorities. "
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install

Last edited by DieHard4rd; 07-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
listen. You are pretty quick at throwing out insults and bringing in curse words against folks. You sir are the product of liberal brain washing. Please do not make me post the facts on this forum and show you how wrong and insignifacant you are. I do believe I gave you a "insert foot in mouth" moment on your other postings about tax rate and what people "rich" really pay.

Fact of the matter is, not raising the debt ceiling is not going to "break" the country.

----------

Im afraid I am going to have to once again post the facts about this issue.

"If Congress refuses to raise the debt ceiling, the federal government will still have more than enough money to fully service the debt."

"As long as the government continues to pay interest on the debt, then it technically is not in default."

"Withtax revenues expected to be $2.2 trillion, interest payments amount to roughly $300 billion—this would still leave $1.9 trillion in revenues to pay for the government's most important priorities. "
Are these the same facts that were so out of date like in the Other thread? I am not insulting you and to claim i am liberal is ignorant and assuming a lot. The Country Credit rating would drop from a Triple A to a D loan rates would go through the roof the housing market would collapse all over again as would the car market. I still can't believe you would suggest that the country needs to default. Jason your facts as you call them and proof keeps being outdated and your chart came from your own Photobucket account which is interesting. I think Republicans on here honestly can't make up there mind. IF we Default and thats where the Republicans lead us this country will be more screwed then we are now.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

dude, the chart from photobucket was because I copied the pic, saved to photobucket to post the pic...!?!?!?! The chart was not out of date, you apparently can not read a chart...!?!?!


I want you to post up the facts that back your claim. I have already done that.

----------

oh and here is the article. Notice the date, Feb 3, 2011.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/0...e-debt-ceili/2
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
dude, the chart from photobucket was because I copied the pic, saved to photobucket to post the pic...!?!?!?! The chart was not out of date, you apparently can not read a chart...!?!?!


I want you to post up the facts that back your claim. I have already done that.

----------

oh and here is the article. Notice the date, Feb 3, 2011.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/0...e-debt-ceili/2

----------

oh and here is the article. Notice the date, Feb 3, 2011.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/0...e-debt-ceili/2
Yes the Single for none married wasn't but the married was.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

wow, sorry, its off by 7 months
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...76P2GG20110726

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rm-nation.html

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the...-s-defaulting/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_851646.html

All of those are saying a Default would have horrible impacts across the world not just the country but apparently that is OK. SMH

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
wow, sorry, its off by 7 months
It stopped on my screen at 05 broski i told you that so you posted the single one.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

wow. All of those links you provide are basically an opinion. Not a single one is backed by data from a US department. It is worthless opinionated articles.


as for the graph data. One is 7 months old. The other is up to date. I have simplified the graph.

Notice the lines and notice how they extend past the number 2005 indicating at least 2011



Notice date below: 2010


----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco08 View Post

It stopped on my screen at 05 broski i told you that so you posted the single one.
just to be clear, the first chart is for married, that wasnt good enough for you. I posted the single
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Pasco08 Pasco08 is offline
Hate Slow Drivers
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 776
Default Re: Costs of not Raising the debt ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
wow. All of those links you provide are basically an opinion. Not a single one is backed by data from a US department. It is worthless opinionated articles.


as for the graph data. One is 7 months old. The other is up to date. I have simplified the graph.

Notice the lines and notice how they extend past the number 2005 indicating at least 2011



Notice date below: 2010
Yes the opinion of the UK Economic Cheaf is worthless.

HA! yet i am supposed to assume it goes past 05 just because the lines are there? LMFAO Jason your funny. But were supposed accept your graph when it doesn't extend past 05 yet you say it does. But no Proof.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus SE
2003 Ford Ranger XL Silverstar ultra headlights, Dual Exhaust 3.0 V6 LED light bar between tailgate and bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Yes. I will say this, and this is the only time I think I will ever say it, so you better brace yourself.....But, you were right Ricky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerTom View Post
and theres a difference between a smart buy and a "look at my little dick" buy, like a cts-v
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House Speaker John Boehner Ignoring Obama's Phone calls and debt talks broke down Pasco08 Off Topic 135 07-31-2011 05:09 AM
The U.S. Debt Crisis.... knightmare1015 Off Topic 10 07-19-2011 12:35 PM
How much repair costs is too much? When is enough enough?? caub22 General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 01-27-2011 07:53 PM
Removing Ceiling interior Bighomedog11 Interior Tech 6 01-24-2010 06:24 PM