Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

View Poll Results: What kid of truck?
Ford f150 24 36.36%
Ford f250 8 12.12%
Dodge Dakota 2 3.03%
Dodge ram 1500 0 0%
Dodge ram 2500 0 0%
Chevy silverado 1500 2 3.03%
Chevy silverado 2500 2 3.03%
chevy s10 3 4.55%
chevy colorado 4 6.06%
GMC canyon 0 0%
GMC sierra 1500 1 1.52%
GMC sierra 2500 0 0%
Mitsubishi Raider 0 0%
Nissan Frontier 0 0%
Nissan Titan 0 0%
Toyota Tundra 1 1.52%
Toyota Tacoma 8 12.12%
Honda Ridgeline 1 1.52%
Hummer H1 1 1.52%
other? 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
on another note, it seems ford has won the battle already. most ppl are leaning for the f150 if there are no more rangers, so I guess that just shows exactly how "smart" Ford is. just think of the profit tthey are gonig to make on new f150 owners in the next few years.
And how much more profit they would have made if they had re-designed the Ranger into something the public couldn't resist. But guess what Ford couldn't do? Any smart auto maker would be able to do it. The public buys what looks good, has mass appeal, and is affordable. The F150 doesn't have mass appeal at all, and isn't really affordable to the average American. Ford would make much more money if they lowered the cost of their vehicles, and made them more appealing to people. Look at the Camaro and the Challenger.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
And how much more profit they would have made if they had re-designed the Ranger into something the public couldn't resist. But guess what Ford couldn't do? Any smart auto maker would be able to do it. The public buys what looks good, has mass appeal, and is affordable. The F150 doesn't have mass appeal at all, and isn't really affordable to the average American. Ford would make much more money if they lowered the cost of their vehicles, and made them more appealing to people. Look at the Camaro and the Challenger.
the f150 doesnt appeal to me in any way. I don't need a full size, dont need a v8 and dont need an auto tranny. I am going to stay midsize, economical and manual, I bought my ranger for at least 10 yrs, we will see if i give my money to another automaker that fits criteria or If i just refresh my current ranger. I got plenty of time till then, but the F150 is a fail to me... If I were to go full size, It would be a Ram 1500 with a hemi. thats my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:23 PM
jacobxstanley jacobxstanley is offline
It's so cold in the D
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,080
Default Re: Life without Rangers

This, or my old gen 1 dakota with the magnum v8.

__________________
1992 Ranger XLT
2.3L 2wd 5spd
91 Mustang rear end, 373 L/S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esrevnoc View Post
I'm trying to join Ranger Power Sports forum and they ask "What color is blue?" Anyone know how the heck to answer this question? Probably something silly but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
the f150 doesnt appeal to me in any way. I don't need a full size, dont need a v8 and dont need an auto tranny. I am going to stay midsize, economical and manual, I bought my ranger for at least 10 yrs, we will see if i give my money to another automaker that fits criteria or If i just refresh my current ranger. I got plenty of time till then, but the F150 is a fail to me... If I were to go full size, It would be a Ram 1500 with a hemi. thats my 2 cents.
Exact-uh-ly. I've hated the F150 since 2004. Where's they style?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:25 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRanger379 View Post
RIDGELINE FTW!!!!!!!!!

hahaha jk

----------



WHAT?! thats amazing! i never knew of a 4dr bronco
They didn't, Centurion is a coach builder that took the Bronco and added a second set of doors. A buddy has one back home with a hopped up 5.8l in it. They are tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LetterWord View Post
I voted Chevy Colorado. I had a 2004 with the 3.5 5cyl. auto and a locker. I LOVED that truck. Easy to work on, great design.

I beat the hell out of it too. I blew the first motor on purpose and swapped a 3.7 into it. Fed her all the nitrous she could handle (about 125hp worth) and did alot of top end work. Ended up blowing up the rear 4 times before I put a 9" in. Stock GM 4L60E trans. I put this 3600lbs truck in the 11's all day without stressing.





I regret selling this truck.
That thing is tits! I want! I like the newer truck with the v8 too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
And how much more profit they would have made if they had re-designed the Ranger into something the public couldn't resist. But guess what Ford couldn't do? Any smart auto maker would be able to do it. The public buys what looks good, has mass appeal, and is affordable. The F150 doesn't have mass appeal at all, and isn't really affordable to the average American. Ford would make much more money if they lowered the cost of their vehicles, and made them more appealing to people. Look at the Camaro and the Challenger.
I don't want an f150, nor need one. Yes I would love the size in the cab, but if they stepped up the Ranger to the World Ranger size and offered all cab configurations, they'd have a real winner. I'm a diesel freak, so toss in a powerful yet small economical diesel and of course a manual transmission or a good 6 speed auto, I think they'd outsell the F150 in some parts of the US.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Dcrymes99ranger Dcrymes99ranger is offline
Explorer seats are in
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoLowBoxBdy View Post
S10 XD Ive had a bunch and are reliable as hell
Fagg.. I would have to go with an Explorer.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 3.0xl


My Build Thread!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger View Post
Fagg.. I would have to go with an Explorer.
I kill you...owned one 8 years, been a damn good truck. Lol nah to each their own
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Exact-uh-ly. I've hated the F150 since 2004. Where's they style?
oh its there, you just need experience looking at "where's waldo books" to see it
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
oh its there, you just need experience looking at "where's waldo books" to see it
lol, or hallucinations.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
lol, or hallucinations.
I guess thats why rednecks love new f150, you need to be drunk to see that its a sexy truck
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
gocyclin gocyclin is offline
"Ranger ain't phased!"
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: Life without Rangers

I guess I have to say my guess. the tacoma, just because they last forever and the gas. but if gas wasnt an issue, it'd be a 6.2 velociRaptor. 605bhp... yea. thats the deffiniton of sexy.
__________________
1999 XLT single cab 3.0L V6 2WD packing a kicker 10" sub with a 1100 watt Boss amp, Dakota A/T 235/75, 5% tint, cherry bomb turbo exhast, bedlined rocker panels.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM
btm757 btm757 is offline
In Memory of Jason Finn
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 748
Default Re: Life without Rangers

I would probably drive a older f150 if the Ranger had never been made.
__________________
This is Ford Country and On a quiet Night you can Hear a Chevy Rust.
2004 XLT SUPER CAB STEPSIDE 4.0l 4x4 3"BL W/ 33/12.5 KM2s on Black Procomps and I Haz ______/--------- <Cutoff FTW
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM
SaskRanger SaskRanger is offline
F-150 Driver, don't hate.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 280
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Call me crazay but I love the 04+ F150s. I think the older more curvy style are butt ugly.

If I had to choose from the list I would definitely choose an F150, around 06. Or Lincoln Mark LT (what I was about to buy until I got this new Ranger for free). If I had to choose a car I would probably take my dad's Thunderbird or buy a black 300C and murder it out.

Of course if I could afford it I would buy a Raptor in a heartbeat.
__________________
2008 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, 5.4L.
2007 Ranger Supercab FX4, 4.0L, Accident mod done in December, 2012, totalled.
1998 Ranger Reg. Cab, 3.Slow. Sold, then totalled.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Jimmeh Jimmeh is offline
I am THE Hank Hill.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,085
Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: Life without Rangers

To the guy who posted the Centurion...

This has been sitting at a local dealer for years. I keep going there about once every 3 months or so and leaving a note hoping SOMEBODY will call me so I can snatch it:



It did have axles the first time I saw it, and it still has the 460 in it. The first time I went there, I gave somebody who said they worked there before they shut down the place my number and they said they would give me a call, but I never did hear from them. Now I go there every now and again just to check on the old beauts sitting down there, lol. They have two explorers that are like late 90's with super low miles on them, a bunch of 90's 150's with low miles, and one B series, plus just a bunch of cars I never look at, lol.
__________________
92 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4X4.
Not a ton done to it, but it's nowhere near finished
05 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4X4
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Life without Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
To the guy who posted the Centurion...

This has been sitting at a local dealer for years. I keep going there about once every 3 months or so and leaving a note hoping SOMEBODY will call me so I can snatch it:



It did have axles the first time I saw it, and it still has the 460 in it. The first time I went there, I gave somebody who said they worked there before they shut down the place my number and they said they would give me a call, but I never did hear from them. Now I go there every now and again just to check on the old beauts sitting down there, lol. They have two explorers that are like late 90's with super low miles on them, a bunch of 90's 150's with low miles, and one B series, plus just a bunch of cars I never look at, lol.
So if we went and took a trailer one night, you get some wheels...we could make this happen...just saying
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giving new life. Dabiscuit Project Logs 168 08-26-2011 08:58 PM
Engine life goodag2 General Ford Ranger Discussion 12 03-09-2011 01:10 AM
I cannot, for the life of me. turboo General Tech 6 10-14-2010 12:02 PM
New to rangers and the offroad life Caddy Introduce Yourself 12 06-04-2010 03:08 AM
new female in my life.. surfer03133 Off Topic 34 12-25-2009 05:35 PM