Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRANGER317 View Post
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...-gold-standard

So what youre saying is that there hasnt been large amounts of paper money issed in the united states until 71
Hey Tyler,
what I'm trying to say is that it's not just those incedents with Libya and Egypt that are causing fuel to go up, it's alot of other things as well. Oil prices are dropping yes, but we're not seeing it at the pump and all the polichickens have a huge stake in oil, far more than you know. This has been building and building for years.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SB03Ranger View Post
Would dry work? Lol that book was awful. But there r gud points. But I blame todays problem from years ago this has been happing for a long time now. But ben bernake is making it worse. He's the damn idiot that needs to go and I won't forget the currnt polical parties at hand either. Wish somebody with a set steel balls wud step up to the plate and fix shit. Instead of puttn there hand in the cookie jar like the rest of them taking what "they" want.
That might work, L.O.L. Yeah he does need to go. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the idiot, that said cash for clunkers would help the economy? He was really stupid in saying that if he was.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:05 PM
SB03Ranger SB03Ranger is offline
checking the weather
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Hey Tyler,
what I'm trying to say is that it's not just those incedents with Libya and Egypt that are causing fuel to go up, it's alot of other things as well. Oil prices are dropping yes, but we're not seeing it at the pump and all the polichickens have a huge stake in oil, far more than you know. This has been building and building for years.





That might work, L.O.L. Yeah he does need to go. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the idiot, that said cash for clunkers would help the economy? He was really stupid in saying that if he was.
hell beats me. hes said a lot, just like the reast of them. I know one thing he has no experiece doing ne thing. shew its retarted if you as me.
__________________
its a Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB03Ranger View Post
hell beats me. hes said a lot, just like the reast of them. I know one thing he has no experiece doing ne thing. shew its retarted if you as me.
Yep it sure is. This has been coming for decades now. I tried to tell people to be prepared and all but they wouldn't listen. My aunt and grandmother are 2 prime examples. They try to argue politics, but neither of them watch the news, go on the web and research a bit etc. My aunt still says russia is a threat, and hell they're worse off than we are. MY uncle always tells her to shut her pie hole, and that the last time he looked Brian Williams didn't ride a horse on stage. It's hilarious more than anything else.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:19 PM
SB03Ranger SB03Ranger is offline
checking the weather
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

yea sounds like it for sure. sounds my papaw. he dont pay any attention just tells me that i should only vote republican. not gona lie i have voted that way, yet im only 20, but i did major research first. but yea i started noticing it few years ago, then saw it right before the economy tanked in 08. thats what happens when idots rule the country. i disagree with both sides of the polical system. they both suck in my mind. hope something drastic happens lol.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Yep it sure is. This has been coming for decades now. I tried to tell people to be prepared and all but they wouldn't listen. My aunt and grandmother are 2 prime examples. They try to argue politics, but neither of them watch the news, go on the web and research a bit etc. My aunt still says russia is a threat, and hell they're worse off than we are. MY uncle always tells her to shut her pie hole, and that the last time he looked Brian Williams didn't ride a horse on stage. It's hilarious more than anything else.
i just seen your from Chilhowie, VA. im from mouth of wilson Grayson Co.. rite over the moutn. i get off in chilhowie and cut acroos when im coming back and forth from college when i go home.
__________________
its a Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Jimmeh Jimmeh is offline
I am THE Hank Hill.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,085
Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

I thought this was common knowledge about the decline of the US dollar being the reason gas was so high. It's also the reason that gold prices are skyrocketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerider2002 View Post
rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. maybe if gas was cheaper it would help the economy by having people spend their money other than the gas pump. i fucking hate politicians. dont do shit about the problem. they dont have the problems our class has so they dont worry about us. they do whats best for them not us. the top 1% of wealthy here in the country have over 90% of the nations wealth. that top 1% also has more in common with people in other countries then they do with regular class u.s. citizens. makes me sick and to many people are to scared to stand up for whats right and fight back against the government. all afraid of consequences. its freedom of speech right? arent we entitled to that? that cant shut you down for protesting against them.

okay im getting off my soap box.
While I do agree that the wealthy control a lot of our nations wealth, I disagree that paying less at the pump would help our economy in a way that is even close to sufficient. What needs to happen is that the government needs to reign in their spending on programs that are completely useless! Our economy is in shambles because we continue to fund trillions of dollars to government programs that most people do not want! Most of the people that do want these programs are ones that aren't working and already mooching off of the government, and since this large force of people have the president they so desire in office, they have the loudest voice.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRANGER317 View Post
I dont like high gas prices as much as you do, especially since im only sixteen and work like 15 hours a week but you guys are all wrong, if youre gonna hate em at least hate em for the right reasons. Its not because of obama its mainly because of all the problems in the middle east. And everyone imports there oil, all the oil in the world goes in to a reserve and each country bids on it, so the oil that is found in the us probably isnt even used in the us, if china would switch to cleaner fuels and didnt have to buy half the the daily supply there would be more making the price for everyone else go down. You also realize that the republicans dont regulate the oil companies and democrats like obama want to pass laws to punish the oil companies for high prices.
We would be able to use US oil if we didn't have EPA regulations against constructing refineries in the states, and if those weren't in place then we could consume our own oil and have cheaper gas (not just gasoline, but natural gas, propane, etc.). And where the hell did you hear that Republicans don't regulate the oil companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRANGER317 View Post
I did read the whole thing and the us dollar has been declining since 1971 oh and FDR took the us off the gold standard in 1933, a few months ago gas prices were at like just over three dollars where i live and then egypt happened and they rose to about 3.50 and climbing ever since. So the dollar has been declining for years and then in a matter of a few months gas prices shot up.
The reason the dollar has declined so rapidly in the last decade is because the feds are printing money without any sort of backbone, and borrowing money from other countries like China. Those things alone are going to make our currency decline rapidly. Everything going on in the middle east is only an excuse that the liberal media is blasting all over the world. The price of an oil barrel has fluctuated so much in that same decade, yet what about the prices of fuel? Yes, they have had their ups and downs, but look at how slow it comes down and how fast it comes up, and then look at how slow the US currency goes up and how fast it drops.
__________________
92 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4X4.
Not a ton done to it, but it's nowhere near finished
05 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4X4
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:29 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB03Ranger View Post
yea sounds like it for sure. sounds my papaw. he dont pay any attention just tells me that i should only vote republican. not gona lie i have voted that way, yet im only 20, but i did major research first. but yea i started noticing it few years ago, then saw it right before the economy tanked in 08. thats what happens when idots rule the country. i disagree with both sides of the polical system. they both suck in my mind. hope something drastic happens lol.

----------



i just seen your from Chilhowie, VA. im from mouth of wilson Grayson Co.. rite over the moutn. i get off in chilhowie and cut acroos when im coming back and forth from college when i go home.
I live between chilhowie and marion, I use chilhowie because just about all of my bills get paid there and I get my mail there too. I do to. It took us 3 sorry presidents before we got Reagan. We're on the 2nd one but with all kinds of crap going on maybe Donald Trump can help in terms of the economy, because it's clear that Obama aint going to do a damn thing.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
SB03Ranger SB03Ranger is offline
checking the weather
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
I live between chilhowie and marion, I use chilhowie because just about all of my bills get paid there and I get my mail there too. I do to. It took us 3 sorry presidents before we got Reagan. We're on the 2nd one but with all kinds of crap going on maybe Donald Trump can help in terms of the economy, because it's clear that Obama aint going to do a damn thing.
oh but u are wrong about Obama. he is doing so much for us. HES set the country on cruise control to F'it up even more. and screw us harder than ever. i cant stand him and our government.


yea i used to go to marion to get off, but Chilhowie is faster for me
__________________
its a Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
I thought this was common knowledge about the decline of the US dollar being the reason gas was so high. It's also the reason that gold prices are skyrocketing.



While I do agree that the wealthy control a lot of our nations wealth, I disagree that paying less at the pump would help our economy in a way that is even close to sufficient. What needs to happen is that the government needs to reign in their spending on programs that are completely useless! Our economy is in shambles because we continue to fund trillions of dollars to government programs that most people do not want! Most of the people that do want these programs are ones that aren't working and already mooching off of the government, and since this large force of people have the president they so desire in office, they have the loudest voice.

----------



We would be able to use US oil if we didn't have EPA regulations against constructing refineries in the states, and if those weren't in place then we could consume our own oil and have cheaper gas (not just gasoline, but natural gas, propane, etc.). And where the hell did you hear that Republicans don't regulate the oil companies?



The reason the dollar has declined so rapidly in the last decade is because the feds are printing money without any sort of backbone, and borrowing money from other countries like China. Those things alone are going to make our currency decline rapidly. Everything going on in the middle east is only an excuse that the liberal media is blasting all over the world. The price of an oil barrel has fluctuated so much in that same decade, yet what about the prices of fuel? Yes, they have had their ups and downs, but look at how slow it comes down and how fast it comes up, and then look at how slow the US currency goes up and how fast it drops.
Yep. Plus you forgot that the U.S. Mint is printing money that isn't backed by anything, far more than we use toilet paper. Toilet paper is worth more than the dollar is now IMO. It's also a known fact that currency exchange companies have dropped the U.S. Dollar from their lists.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
pcityranger pcityranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

seriously fuck obama and all politicians, they have there own banks, post offices, and salaries. FUCK THEM! they dont care but whats best for them and there greedy ass. We need to drill, its the only way prices will drop, the middle east will be forced to drop prices. The US hasnt built a refinery in over 25 years.WTF!!!! Fuck all those towel head radical quaran motherfuckers. Sorry for the extreme vent, but my truck hasnt been full since, shit, i cant even remember. DRILL BABY DRILL will solve it all!
__________________
2004 4.0 4x4 5spd xlt with 175k 4.10 axles, extended cab, cranked t-bars (not maxed), painted black interior, 32x11.5x15 bfg a/t and procomp steel rims
60/40 mod with a shorty console
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM
OhSoLowBoxBdy OhSoLowBoxBdy is offline
Dropt At Birth
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 208
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Holy christ! That's alot of beer.

----------

Well I just got raped. I went a little further out of town a bit and instead of $3.65 a gallon (usual town prices as of today), I got it for $3.56 a gallon instead. $65.00 dollars is what was spent. $51.00 to fill up my old Ranger, the rest went into my gasoline cans for my lawn equipment. Where I went today is about 15 minutes north of me and they're usually about $.10 to $.12 cents cheaper than what you'd pay in town.
Ya I got raped yesterday. Im in clinchco VA and it cost me 60 to fill up my little 91 ranger I almost cried
__________________
Facebook.http://www.facebook.com/SouthernRedneck

LowLyfe Kustoms Petitioning East TN Chapter President.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcityranger View Post
seriously fuck obama and all politicians, they have there own banks, post offices, and salaries. FUCK THEM! they dont care but whats best for them and there greedy ass. We need to drill, its the only way prices will drop, the middle east will be forced to drop prices. The US hasnt built a refinery in over 25 years.WTF!!!! Fuck all those towel head radical quaran motherfuckers. Sorry for the extreme vent, but my truck hasnt been full since, shit, i cant even remember. DRILL BABY DRILL will solve it all!
Little did you know, but SArabia often drops the price at the barrel to encourage the market. But oil companies just take the drop and get more profit out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Brodie_laj Brodie_laj is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 909
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

I filled up yesterday and it cost me $85... My dad filled his b4000 the other day and it was $90 Gas was at $1.34 a litre... thats like $5.10 a gallon.... and they say it will keep going up!!
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT Ext. Cab
4.0L 2wd
3" Body Lift, 33" BFG A/T
Straight Pipe
more.. just ask
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

That's what's scary. Plus Donald Trump aint getting my vote. He wants to raise the import taxes. In the long term that will force americans to buy american, but show me what's made completely in america. Plus 90% of walmart's products come from china and other overseas countries. If he does that it will ruin what's left of our economy. I vote we do what Reagan did back in the 80's and cut taxes and spending for everyone. That's what he did, and look what happened. We bankrupted Russia's economy without firing a single shot, everyone had jobs, and the cost of living dropped bigtime. If Donald Trump gets into office and does increase import taxes, look out. Short term affects will happen virtually overnight. You won't be able to afford to shop at Walmart and other places like it.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 04-19-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
FlyinRyan FlyinRyan is offline
Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 140
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

A modern day Reagan will save us. But who?

I agree on drilling and new refineries. We need to tell the tree huggers to stfu and we need to drill! ANWAR has a crap load of oil but the treehuggers won't let them drill. We have so much oil that is ours but we can't use it.....

Some day this bull crap gov of ours will come crashing down if somebody doesn't do something to get the gov back to the size it should be. It is just WAY too big.

End rant. lol don't get me started on politics.
__________________
Future Ranger Driver
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

The tree huggers can jump up and kiss my ass. Ron White was right about 1 thing: "you can't fix stupid". And this has got to be the stupidest, dumb assed government I've ever seen. The primaries start in august and we've only got 1 canidate which I'm not voting for, and one idiot in office trying to re-elected which aint happening, and several other who are still debating wether or not they should run.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gas prices near you? michiganboy Off Topic 33 03-16-2011 11:12 PM
Lost my APS Today for no reason? ? ? ? Black04Ranger 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 2 12-30-2010 07:59 AM
Paint prices mrshton22 Exterior Tech 12 12-09-2010 10:35 AM
A reason for joining tracer Introduce Yourself 7 02-04-2010 08:42 PM
another reason not to get a dodge mr.ranger Vehicle Videos 14 09-27-2009 03:35 PM