Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #46  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
What is this whole oil thing? Every time it comes back to "Oh we just went in for the darn oil". I completely understand the value of oil and the necessity of it. However, do you really think the government is going to spend millions of dollars per day, hundreds of thousands per missile, for only some oil? This is about POWER. This is so far above resources and money. This is about control and power.

Besides, If we really wanted oil we would cut off the drilling moratoriums and drill all over Alaska for a far cheaper price. LOOK BEYOND THE OIL PLEASE.
It is partial about oil and yes power.

Our government colonizes other peoples country and basically we destroy their culture.

During WW2, an Indian league joined the Axis power to try to regain their country back from Imperialist Britain (which ruled India).
My point, other folks are getting tired of us getting into their business and taking their country.

----------

The reason I stated OIL is because in my last thread I made called "WHAT IF" which pertained to What if all OIL was ban/gone.

Most said the world would fall apart.


This is true because everyone depends on oil...from the US...to Europe...to Asia...to Africa and everywhere beyond.

Look at the gas prices now...it's making companys struggle and also running some out of business and making everyday living hard since money ain't hardly going no where..
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: Libyia

__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Libyia

Beer.
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Jimmeh Jimmeh is offline
I am THE Hank Hill.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,085
Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
What is this whole oil thing? Every time it comes back to "Oh we just went in for the darn oil". I completely understand the value of oil and the necessity of it. However, do you really think the government is going to spend millions of dollars per day, hundreds of thousands per missile, for only some oil? This is about POWER. This is so far above resources and money. This is about control and power.

Besides, If we really wanted oil we would cut off the drilling moratoriums and drill all over Alaska for a far cheaper price. LOOK BEYOND THE OIL PLEASE.
I totally agree with you about it being totally about power, however part of the regime's reason for going in (although I don't even think THEY know why they went in) was to help Europe get their oil supplies.

I wasn't really paying much attention to the news today, but did I hear that the rebels were now running from Queerdoggies forces?
__________________
92 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4X4.
Not a ton done to it, but it's nowhere near finished
05 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4X4
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post

I so L O L on this! hahahahaha
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Radness Radness is offline
Tactical Pterodactyl
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 158
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
Lets start up a nice conversation of the recent news in Libyia. Obama is on right now running his mouth.

I personally feel we have NO business interfering with other countries issues. We were not attacked. And to go over the head of congress to the UN for authorization.....? Who the HELL do you think you are!
I haven't read what everyone else has said, but let me say this:

I find it funny, that Code Pink, nor any of the whacked out libtards who called Bush a warmonger, and a babykiller are saying a word when Obama did the same thing Bush did (but Bush had approval). Ghaddafi IS guilty of killing his own people, his people DO NOT have a choice in their leaders, they are run by an militant muslim regime, that sees us (the west) as enemies. Hussein, and Moammar are almost exactly the same. The difference is, that Bush truly believed, that he had accurate intelligence, that said that there were in fact WMDs in Iraq. The fact is that Saddam DID have them at one time, (and even used them on the Kurds, AND during the Gulf War....but he COULD HAVE had them, and got them out of the country before we invaded - I believe to Syria). However, we do NOT need to be support a rebel militia, which is backed by the arab world, when we do not know ANYTHING about these militants, they have no been properly vetted, and we do not know who is within their ranks. Many of them, could be, and probably are Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, or some other wacko militant Jihadists.

Now, before you go and say, "You can't lump Muslims into one group." You are right, there are secular Muslims (born into a Muslim home), There are moderate Muslims (normal everyday Muslims, who follow their faith, and are against terror), and your hardliner, militant, Jihadists. However, Libya IS a state sponsor of terrorism, and are responsible for many deaths. But, I would agree that we do not need to be there supporting these rebels who we know NOTHING about. It scares me, because Obama is so over his head, and has NO IDEA what the heck he is doing. Everytime he opens his mouth, I dislike him more, and more.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 - Extended Cab V6
Freedom Lover, Gun Owner, Patriot

After Hours Clan Member

"The nation that forgets it's defenders, will itself be forgotten." - Calvin Coolidge

"Love gains the final victory." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 AM
DHEM DHEM is offline
Resident Red
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Libyia

uh oh its turning into a shit throwing contest.....
__________________
'05 2wd Ranger xl with the 3.0

MODS-Alpine head unit, throttle cable mod, Black Rock wheels, FX4 lvl II axle swap, pooleo's camo painted bezel and mustang dome, painted/aftermarket headlights/tails fold-a-cover and over 100 hp in stickers
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHEM View Post
uh oh its turning into a shit throwing contest.....
Hence why we DO NOT need political discussions on the board. Keep it civil ya'll.....
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
I haven't read what everyone else has said, but let me say this:

I find it funny, that Code Pink, nor any of the whacked out libtards who called Bush a warmonger, and a babykiller are saying a word when Obama did the same thing Bush did (but Bush had approval). Ghaddafi IS guilty of killing his own people, his people DO NOT have a choice in their leaders, they are run by an militant muslim regime, that sees us (the west) as enemies. Hussein, and Moammar are almost exactly the same. The difference is, that Bush truly believed, that he had accurate intelligence, that said that there were in fact WMDs in Iraq. The fact is that Saddam DID have them at one time, (and even used them on the Kurds, AND during the Gulf War....but he COULD HAVE had them, and got them out of the country before we invaded - I believe to Syria). However, we do NOT need to be support a rebel militia, which is backed by the arab world, when we do not know ANYTHING about these militants, they have no been properly vetted, and we do not know who is within their ranks. Many of them, could be, and probably are Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, or some other wacko militant Jihadists.

Now, before you go and say, "You can't lump Muslims into one group." You are right, there are secular Muslims (born into a Muslim home), There are moderate Muslims (normal everyday Muslims, who follow their faith, and are against terror), and your hardliner, militant, Jihadists. However, Libya IS a state sponsor of terrorism, and are responsible for many deaths. But, I would agree that we do not need to be there supporting these rebels who we know NOTHING about. It scares me, because Obama is so over his head, and has NO IDEA what the heck he is doing. Everytime he opens his mouth, I dislike him more, and more.
So why don't we go to Sudan and those countries where they are killing their people/raping babies and have a black market to where people get weapons?
This is mostly where the Somolians get their weapons.
During the Cold War the Russians had gun traffikin going on down there, the movie Lord Of War shows hints about it.


I hate getting into politics BUT...
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-30-2011, 04:44 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: Libyia

I think its a bad idea to arm the rebels over there, we armed the afghans to fight the russians, look what happened
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,372
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
I think its a bad idea to arm the rebels over there, we armed the afghans to fight the russians, look what happened
exactly.
__________________

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
2014 Ford Escape Titanium Ecoboost AWD
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Libyia

How quickly out leaders forget (or more accurately, ignore) the mistakes of the past. Every one of these countries that we have armed, bombed, and helped their uprisings... has turned around and become our enemies.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
How quickly out leaders forget (or more accurately, ignore) the mistakes of the past. Every one of these countries that we have armed, bombed, and helped their uprisings... has turned around and become our enemies.
And then we become the enemy of ourselves.
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Radness Radness is offline
Tactical Pterodactyl
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 158
Default Re: Libyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildlandFirefighter View Post
So why don't we go to Sudan and those countries where they are killing their people/raping babies and have a black market to where people get weapons?
This is mostly where the Somolians get their weapons.
During the Cold War the Russians had gun traffikin going on down there, the movie Lord Of War shows hints about it.


I hate getting into politics BUT...
Well, don't forget that Obama offered to take Al Bashir and Sudan off of the "State Sponsor of Terrorism" list, if he would play ball and be part of the North/South Sudan treaty. Obama always supports Muslims look at his history so far....The fact is he won't do anything because it would upset his muslim/arab pals....Don't forget the government in Sudan is supportive of the Janjaweed who is doing all the raping and killing in Sudan, because the Arabs in Sudan and most of N.Africa believe the ethnic Africans are a lesser race of people. I have done missionary work in Africa, and what is happening in Sudan makes my heart hurt...
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 - Extended Cab V6
Freedom Lover, Gun Owner, Patriot

After Hours Clan Member

"The nation that forgets it's defenders, will itself be forgotten." - Calvin Coolidge

"Love gains the final victory." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Libyia

Well we always can't solve the worlds problems so we need to just get out of it and worry about us.

People kill people everyday. It happens. It's happen since the beginning of time. Just because people think the US is great and think the US is the most powerful country in the world doesn't mean that some other people give a shit.

The problem is, is that WE don't worry about our damn problems HERE thus is going to cause everything to crumble.

We are the worse enemy of ourselves.

If we didn't get in other folks business then we wouldn't be where we are at.

Wish people would understand and get the "Fighting for Freedom" bullshit out of their mind.

Media already tells our business too much.

Just screw it all.

We get taxed the hell out of everything..what freedom is that? Screw you if you oppose me and go dig your grave.
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search