Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 AM
pcityranger pcityranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

haha ur just now realizing this, they bank off of our ass. I hope we use all the middle east oil and America is the only place left with oil. I hope we have a badass republican in office and says fuck u bitches, u made us pay out the ass long enough so ur not getting shit!
__________________
2004 4.0 4x4 5spd xlt with 175k 4.10 axles, extended cab, cranked t-bars (not maxed), painted black interior, 32x11.5x15 bfg a/t and procomp steel rims
60/40 mod with a shorty console
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
08Ranger Sport 4x4 08Ranger Sport 4x4 is offline
"Eh, it'll buff out"
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,683
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Dude, you weren't supposed to tell everyone about the secret american plan to dominate the oil industry... shhhh
__________________
2008 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0L
-5 speed, undercoating, tinted windows, keyless entry, 3.73 gears
-Pioneer AVIC-F700BT GPS w/10" Pioneer woofer
-3 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift
-33x12.5 r 15 BFG M/T KM2's
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
ColinS ColinS is offline
slingin' mud to the sky!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,252
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

to clear things up. yes the us has enough oil to last many years actually its well over 2000 yrs for us.

the goverment knows about it and all that and r trying to get it out. but the probelm is its all in solid rock form. its to much of a pain to get it to liquid form for us to use it at a decent price. if we were to tap into it after everyhtin git would be $160 a barrel!!!

thats the scoop on it tight now. i just did a project on it in school
__________________
Colin S. AGE: 18
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 reg. cab 4.0l 5spd, 2" SL , Summit Nomads 15x8, 30x9.5x15 Trail Digger M/T's, cab lights, spray in bed liner, custom tube bumper,

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3l 5spd ext. cab. the loaner truck

1987 Camaro z28 383 to much to list

https://www.facebook.com/colinshriver

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...anger-4x4.html
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 PM
08Ranger Sport 4x4 08Ranger Sport 4x4 is offline
"Eh, it'll buff out"
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,683
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

See the first time I heard how much we had was around 5000 years... 800 sounded sufficient lol. I do agree with you on much of a pain it would be. But just think of how many jobs would be created in the US and how it would eventually help in the long run, even though it may be a very bumpy rough start. But thanks for helping me clearify what I was trying to say. I did a project on it 6-7 years ago, so all the info is not readily available in my head. I mean hell, i've slept and drank since then lol.
__________________
2008 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 4.0L
-5 speed, undercoating, tinted windows, keyless entry, 3.73 gears
-Pioneer AVIC-F700BT GPS w/10" Pioneer woofer
-3 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift
-33x12.5 r 15 BFG M/T KM2's
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
pcityranger pcityranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

ohh my bad, i knida thought people were smart enough to come up with that conclusion on there own.haha we need to drill baby drill. This summer, i suspect 5 dollars a gallon nation wide. Lets wait and see if im right!
__________________
2004 4.0 4x4 5spd xlt with 175k 4.10 axles, extended cab, cranked t-bars (not maxed), painted black interior, 32x11.5x15 bfg a/t and procomp steel rims
60/40 mod with a shorty console
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:01 PM
OhioMike OhioMike is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,761
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
The oil price went up with Libya/Egypt because of the possibility of the Suez canal being compromised. Japan has nothing to do with the world's supply of oil.
__________________
B.S. Japan isn't using much oil right now due to the crisis. In fact, they shut off there supply because of lack of electricity, demand, etc. The world supply (regardless if we don't get oil from them) isn't compromised, and right now has enough to meet demand. That is why gas prices have actually gone down. However, in a few weeks/month, when they start rebuilding and using generators, etc., gas will need to be brought in from somewhere. There will be higher demand and less overall in the market, so we will see increases in price. Currently, we got a small break.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

The reason Japan has a low demand for oil is simple. How far can cars really go there before they A) Reach the other side of the Island, or B) Reach a traffic jam, thus creating an even bigger headache than walking.

Just wait until the US becomes overpopulated too in the larger states, we won't have as much of a dependency either.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

The US number one oil supplier is not out East...


It the neighbor to the North. CANADA!
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 AM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,436
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Ranger Sport 4x4 View Post
I just find it funny that we have enough oil in the US alone to keep us going for the next 800 years (just in the US and with the current growth rate)... but they'd rather import it, jack the price and tax the shit out of it.


It doesn't matter how much we mess up wilderness areas in this country drilling for oil.......all oil is sold on the world market (yes even alaskan and/or off shore oil) and it is sold to the highest bidder. This world has so much oil ready for delivery and the supply and demand pricing principles apply to everything EXCEPT oil.
So destroying the gulf of mexico and alaska won't help this country one bit regardless of what the GOP and oil companies say in their multi billion dollar media campaigns.
Typically 80% of all oil we pull from Alaska goes to asian countries because they normally bid like hell for it.
By the time this is all over and done with Americans will be HAPPY for $3 gas again but gas prices go up fast and come back down painfully slow.
I am confident gold prices will crash just like the housing market too.
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Jimmeh Jimmeh is offline
I am THE Hank Hill.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,085
Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
It doesn't matter how much we mess up wilderness areas in this country drilling for oil.......all oil is sold on the world market (yes even alaskan and/or off shore oil) and it is sold to the highest bidder. This world has so much oil ready for delivery and the supply and demand pricing principles apply to everything EXCEPT oil.
So destroying the gulf of mexico and alaska won't help this country one bit regardless of what the GOP and oil companies say in their multi billion dollar media campaigns.
Typically 80% of all oil we pull from Alaska goes to asian countries because they normally bid like hell for it.
By the time this is all over and done with Americans will be HAPPY for $3 gas again but gas prices go up fast and come back down painfully slow.
I am confident gold prices will crash just like the housing market too.
....Since this website doesn't have a warzone, I will choose to only quote this post and politely say you are wrong. I will also say thank you for making oil prices a party issue even though if you were smart enough to actually do some research, you'd realize it has nothing to do with the political parties, but go ahead and keep telling yourself that. It's always the mean old GOP's fault.

And this has to be the first time I have heard of somebody complaining about gas prices staying the same.
__________________
92 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4X4.
Not a ton done to it, but it's nowhere near finished
05 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4X4
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Last edited by Jimmeh; 03-17-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Unfortunately, the only realistic and capable method of generating power without reliance on oil or gas is getting some really really bad press right now. So much for expanding our nuclear power industry.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 AM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,436
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
....Since this website doesn't have a warzone, I will choose to only quote this post and politely say you are wrong. I will also say thank you for making oil prices a party issue even though if you were smart enough to actually do some research, you'd realize it has nothing to do with the political parties, but go ahead and keep telling yourself that. It's always the mean old GOP's fault.

And this has to be the first time I have heard of somebody complaining about gas prices staying the same.

You can't even spell your name properly and you are lecturing me?

What did I blame the GOP for???? Go to a fact checking website and see just how wrong you are. I guess a DAV like me who got his guts scrambled in Bosnia, should have no problem being bitched at by a 22 year old punk who still lives with his parents....go figure. I know explaining this to you is useless but if we found 100 billion barrels of oil in New mexico......the US does not own the oil, the oil companies do because of their leases and they sell to the highest bidder....period.
I just laugh when imbeciles base their arguments on something they heard on Fox or MSNBC.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Unfortunately, the only realistic and capable method of generating power without reliance on oil or gas is getting some really really bad press right now. So much for expanding our nuclear power industry.

The only thing that is absurd are nuclear reactors on the west coast. The only safety issue nowadays about nuclear energy is waste disposal. Contrary to liberal beliefs, nukes are the way to go because they are actually safe. Oh shit, now jimmeh is going to accuse me of being a conservative.
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall

Last edited by dvrich; 03-17-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
You can't even spell your name properly and you are lecturing me?
Still living with mommy but arrogant and stupid as they come....go figure.
What did I blame the GOP for???? Go to a fact checking website and see just how wrong you are. Can you see Russia from your state too. Maybe a GED and some college courses might help you but I doubt it.
Responding like that isn't going to make anyone agree with you. He posted a respectful disagreement. Your entire response is nothing but full sentence insults, for what?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
The only thing that is absurd are nuclear reactors on the west coast. The only safety issue nowadays about nuclear energy is waste disposal. Contrary to liberal beliefs, nukes are the way to go because they are actually safe.
The "west coast" has nothing to do with it. Earthquakes are essentially non-issues. They're designed to handle that.

The plant in Japan handled the earthquake just fine. It was built to handle it and it worked great. As with any major power grid disruption, all the operating reactors tripped off automatically and backup generators came on as designed to keep the cooing systems running. There was no problem at all from the earthquake, and it was one hell of an earthquake.

The wall of water that followed it some time later wiped out the backup generators. It also wiped out the rest of the power grid so any remotely located dark start could not backfeed power into the plant. That is what they are trying to connect right now as fast as the possibly can, running new power lines from remotely located generators to backfeed power.

This tsunami was clearly a weakness that wasn't planned for. But it was the wave, not earthquake that did it. The west is just as safe for nuclear power as any other location.

As for spent fuel disposal, it is a problem now and will be until we find a safe way to just launch the crap into space and say goodbye to it.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:45 AM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,436
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Responding like that isn't going to make anyone agree with you. He posted a respectful disagreement. Your entire response is nothing but full sentence insults, for what?




The "west coast" has nothing to do with it. Earthquakes are essentially non-issues. They're designed to handle that.

The plant in Japan handled the earthquake just fine. It was built to handle it and it worked great. As with any major power grid disruption, all the operating reactors tripped off automatically and backup generators came on as designed to keep the cooing systems running. There was no problem at all from the earthquake, and it was one hell of an earthquake.

The wall of water that followed it some time later wiped out the backup generators. It also wiped out the rest of the power grid so any remotely located dark start could not backfeed power into the plant. That is what they are trying to connect right now as fast as the possibly can, running new power lines from remotely located generators to backfeed power.

This tsunami was clearly a weakness that wasn't planned for. But it was the wave, not earthquake that did it. The west is just as safe for nuclear power as any other location.

As for spent fuel disposal, it is a problem now and will be until we find a safe way to just launch the crap into space and say goodbye to it.

When someone basically accuses me of being a liberal, that is enough to get me going. When an ignorant 22 year old accuses me of being a liberal, I begin to wonder about the future of this country.
The first time I posted on this forum and made a funny comment about Obama and Bush a 17 year old called me a douchebag because I called Bush dumb as a box of rocks. I realize most on this forum are quite young and wet behind the ears, but accusing me of being a liberal gets my temper in high gear. I saw what liberal defunding of the armed forces does and because of that I am rated 70% disabled by the VA so calling me a liberal is like poking a stick in my eye.
You are correct about not making friends with my comments, however I am old school and I make friends the old fashioned way.....talking with people and looking them square in the eyes.

There is enough oil in this world for 50 more years at the present level of consumption and who knows what is causing the polar icecaps to melt....could be man made....could be nature taking back the planet.

This forum is informative sometimes and I like reading it but don't call me a liberal after the dems in congress refused to pass legislation making english the official language of this country.
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Disaster in Japan... question about oil price

Well clearly you two are misunderstanding eachother. None of which has to do with oil.

Your signature line is pretty stupid btw. Might want to put something in there that makes sense. Earthquakes are not a problem at all.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oil leak question mopar9012 3.0 Vulcan Tech 6 01-22-2011 10:00 AM
Just feet from disaster southbama man General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 01-08-2011 10:45 PM
Almost a disaster in the desert ELINVESTIG8R General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 12-26-2010 04:54 PM
Near disaster bluerangerftlaud General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 01-28-2010 06:53 PM
Question about oil? nrsoccer08 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 12 09-27-2009 07:38 AM