Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
merlin215 merlin215 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

I bought a John Deere 1130 SE 2 years ago , and the thing is a beast
30 Inch cut
342 CC motor . I am very happy although a batch of bad gas slowed me down last week .
I know I know Pictures ...

I have a camera coming hopefully by the weekend ....
__________________
Merlin215

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin215 View Post
I bought a John Deere 1130 SE 2 years ago , and the thing is a beast
30 Inch cut
342 CC motor . I am very happy although a batch of bad gas slowed me down last week .
I know I know Pictures ...

I have a camera coming hopefully by the weekend ....
i looked at that one before i bought my Ariens, nice blowers. is that the one with the electric chute controls?
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
merlin215 merlin215 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

No I have manual cables .
Easy Steer ( applied pressure ot one wheel and it will turn in the opposite direction )
342 CC engine ( Briggs and Stratton )
30 " Chute Dual Stage
Headlamp ( Halogen bulb )
Hand warmer grips
Electric start ( glad I had that with the bad gas issue last week ) . Pulling is a pain LOL

I like it as the cables aren't binding but one stuck to the side of the muffler and burnt thru to the outer casing . Didn't know they made one with electric cables . My brother has a toro and it has the joystick . He just bought it so wqe'll see how his works .

It has the Easy Steer feature which when the force is applied to one wheel only it will turn , I like it but there are pro's and cons with it . Some times it turns while you are going straight it will try and steer to that wheel . No biggy as you can pull it back .
__________________
Merlin215

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin215 View Post
No I have manual cables .
Easy Steer ( applied pressure ot one wheel and it will turn in the opposite direction )
342 CC engine ( Briggs and Stratton )
30 " Chute Dual Stage
Headlamp ( Halogen bulb )
Hand warmer grips
Electric start ( glad I had that with the bad gas issue last week ) . Pulling is a pain LOL

I like it as the cables aren't binding but one stuck to the side of the muffler and burnt thru to the outer casing . Didn't know they made one with electric cables . My brother has a toro and it has the joystick . He just bought it so wqe'll see how his works .

It has the Easy Steer feature which when the force is applied to one wheel only it will turn , I like it but there are pro's and cons with it . Some times it turns while you are going straight it will try and steer to that wheel . No biggy as you can pull it back .
yeah, mines got the auto traction control too, inside wheel unlocks automatically when you turn so you can turn sharper. the reason i didnt want the JD was because of the electric chute design, just seemed like something that would fail and then youd be SOL if it did, i wanted manual controls. mine has the heated grips though which is nice for sure but my chute controls are the quick turn still, all controllable from the dash console. i had it narrowed down to the JD and the Ariens, and i ended up with the Ariens. here are the specs on mine:


Power Source
342cc Ariens Polar Force engine by Briggs & Stratton®
120 volt electric start with recoil back-up
2.9 quart fuel capacity
6 forward speeds / 2 reverse speeds

Structure
30" clearing width
21" housing height
Throws snow up to 50 feet
200º Quick-Turn remote chute control
Dual-handle interlock system
Reversible skid shoes
Standard clean-out tool
All steel construction

Internal System
Heavy-duty aluminum XS gear case
Steel serrated auger
Three blade, 14" steel impeller
Tread Control
15” x 5” Directional snow tread tires
Automatic traction control

3 year warranty
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 AM
merlin215 merlin215 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Just about the same as mine !
Instead of 2.9 quart I have a 4 quart gas tank .
You have a 3 Year warranty , I have a 2 year and I am surprised nobody called me to extend the darned thing .
John Deere did some sort of Target Marketing program where they bought someone else's snowblower and put their name on it for like Lowes , and Home Depot and some other stores . So nice to use though as I love it . I hate shoveling .... LOL !
__________________
Merlin215

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
nice^^ i wanted to get the one with tracks but it was $400 more and had a smaller motor. why are you selling it?
It's slower than shit! I like moving, and turning it fast but its slow on turns, the pivot blows and it weighs a ton. The thing will go through a huge pile of packed snow, but the weight and it being slow sucks
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin215 View Post
Just about the same as mine !
Instead of 2.9 quart I have a 4 quart gas tank .
You have a 3 Year warranty , I have a 2 year and I am surprised nobody called me to extend the darned thing .
John Deere did some sort of Target Marketing program where they bought someone else's snowblower and put their name on it for like Lowes , and Home Depot and some other stores . So nice to use though as I love it . I hate shoveling .... LOL !
yeah i had read that JD doesnt make the blowers, but they still seemed like a nice machine when i was looking at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
It's slower than shit! I like moving, and turning it fast but its slow on turns, the pivot blows and it weighs a ton. The thing will go through a huge pile of packed snow, but the weight and it being slow sucks
yeah the tracked blowers tend to be slower, my dads got a yamaha and a honda blower, both tracked and they are slow as hell too, will go through anything though.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 PM
merlin215 merlin215 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

After finding out all the types of snowblowers , I'm happy with mine . I did see those track units and I liked them as they look like they will go thru a large amount of snow . Good to know struggling with that type , must be tough after a while moving the snowblower around .
__________________
Merlin215

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin215 View Post
After finding out all the types of snowblowers , I'm happy with mine . I did see those track units and I liked them as they look like they will go thru a large amount of snow . Good to know struggling with that type , must be tough after a while moving the snowblower around .
yeah especially after getting used to the turning radius with the auto traction control, id have a hard time going back to a tracked blower, they dont turn worth a crap. the nice thing about a wheeled blower is that if you have to back up you just lift up the front and pull it backwards, usually thats easier and faster than using the reverse gear. its much harder to do that if you have tracks.

also, if you snowblow on concrete, check these out. http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Raf...250/p5415.html
just put them on my Ariens and they are slick, no more pulling when the steel skid shoes drag on the cement.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
merlin215 merlin215 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 723
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

I like that ..

I use it a little on the concrete . I like the site too as I need a set of chains . Have you done business with them in the past ? Looks like they have some nice accessories ....
Maybe I'll put an order in for those and the chains ...
__________________
Merlin215

2010 Ford Ranger 4 wheel drive
Black
XLT Power Group package
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin215 View Post
I like that ..

I use it a little on the concrete . I like the site too as I need a set of chains . Have you done business with them in the past ? Looks like they have some nice accessories ....
Maybe I'll put an order in for those and the chains ...
i got those skid shoes from them. they were great to deal with, ordered them on a friday and got them that saturday! couldnt have asked for faster standard shipping.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Jimmeh Jimmeh is offline
I am THE Hank Hill.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,085
Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

My dad uses his pickup. Horrible pictures, but here you go (no longer have the S10. Good little truck, just sucked on gas).




Don't have pictures of it with the plow, but it's a snowbear midsize plow. We were going to put it on my truck, but I showed up late that day (on purpose, I don't want to beat my truck). He's already broken the welds on the frame twice, and had to do some transmission work. I'm thinking of finding some body parts for my B2 and mounting it on that, lol.
__________________
92 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT 4X4.
Not a ton done to it, but it's nowhere near finished
05 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4X4
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
zx6rrdan zx6rrdan is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 537
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

Here's mine...

I'm got a contract with a local guy who does snow removal... great price great job
__________________
2010 B4000 4x4 SE+
mods:Tinted windows,Line-X,BAK Rail Caps,rust proofing, stebel natilus air horn,ScanGauge II,hitch reciever cover, Belkin Iphone mount charger, rubbermaid floor mats, hose clamp tailgate, mud flap delete, Cargo light 3rd brake light, explorer lighted visors, mustang dome light, fog light mod, Mountaineer ohc, bosch evolution wipers, GenK51a mirror,Kenwood p680c speakers, Underhood LED's, Ranger winter rims 245/75-16 Blizzak DMV-1's, 180lbs winter bed weight
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

^^ LOL...Good one!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
rynoaasheim rynoaasheim is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 205
Default Re: post your snow removal equipment!

I don't have any pics because its sitting in a parking lot 40 miles away but I plow snow in a CAT 252 B II skid loader with a 10' box blade
__________________
2005 Ford Ranger 4.0L 5spd 4x4
305/65r17 Baja Claw TTC, 17x8" Black Teflon AX188 wheels, 130w KC Daylighters, Custom Built Bumpers, Red Top Optima, RS9000XL Shocks, Torsion Bar Lift, Add a leaf rear springs, 3" PA bodylift, Pioneer DVD/CD Player, JL Audio 1000w Amp, Two 12" Type R Sub's, Polk Audio Door Speakers, Open 8.8 4.10's, Flowmaster Super 44
2001 Harley Davidson Dyna Lowrider 107ci
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Homemade photography equipment. Dcrymes99ranger Photography 3 08-05-2010 03:54 PM
Show off your yard power equipment! 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 8 06-26-2010 02:36 PM
Decal removal simpkinst4 Exterior Tech 8 03-31-2010 01:39 PM
2.3L Head removal Rallaster 4-Cylinder Tech 5 10-28-2009 11:57 AM
Awsome site for 4Xin equipment and cheap!!! sniper141 General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 06-13-2009 07:59 PM