Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #271  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Greenroomsurfer Greenroomsurfer is offline
2008 Ranger Surfer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle8787

Disc golf looks cool!

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
It's pretty fun and I'm better at it then regular golf
__________________
2008 Ranger XLT 4cly 2.3l, 2wd Fabtech 5.5 Bastard psck 31x10.5r15 BFG All Terrains, Smoked tail lights and front corners, Hid Headlights, Dumped Flowmaster 40 series, Air box mod, CB Radio 5ft Firestick,Blue Led in cab, New Memphis speakers Kenwood amp and stereo
Soon To be 8.8 4:10 ls Swap
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
CBuck CBuck is offline
Coffee & SeaFoam Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Oh, I'm into a little bit of this and that..


And some photography while I'm at work.
I'm into archery too, but I don't have any pictures of my bows. I'll try and get some when I get back to Colorado (home).

I write stuff, love to hike, and love just driving to new, random spots.

I'ma stop before I make this sound any more like a dating site profile.
__________________
Black '93 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0 V6. Paladin

A salute and my utmost respect to anyone of these forums that has served in the United States Military, or a foreign military. God bless you, and thank you.

/Salute

Last edited by CBuck; 10-03-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default

My other hobby

ForumRunner_20121003_164920.jpg



ForumRunner_20121003_164931.jpg
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 PM
CBuck CBuck is offline
Coffee & SeaFoam Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like mud View Post
Oh, you're dirty.
__________________
Black '93 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0 V6. Paladin

A salute and my utmost respect to anyone of these forums that has served in the United States Military, or a foreign military. God bless you, and thank you.

/Salute
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM
03 SB FX4 03 SB FX4 is offline
Official FRF Redneck.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 220
Send a message via Yahoo to 03 SB FX4
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle8787 View Post
Don't forget you'll be getting into scale crawling soon!

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
yeah, that is if my latest adventure doesn't lower the funds! Thats what I need to talk to you about Friday night or Saturday!
__________________
(Project Dirty Girl) 06 Chevy 3500 CCLB DRW 4WD (D-Code) LBZ Duramax - Air Box Mod, High Flow Filter, Turbo Silencer Removed and capped, LMM Sensor Pack, LML Turbocharger Solenoid, EFI Live Tuned by Myself, TranSynd for the Allison, Awaiting more mods, 100 + Injectors, PPE Hot Fueler Kit, PPE Dual Fueler kit, PPE Compound Kit and Mike's ALLY Trans Setup - Inglewood Trans!
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBuck View Post
Oh, you're dirty.
i do thoroughly enjoy mud... it says it right in my name
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
CBuck CBuck is offline
Coffee & SeaFoam Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like mud View Post
i do thoroughly enjoy mud... it says it right in my name
You just seem like a very clean guy, giving your ride a bath and all!
__________________
Black '93 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0 V6. Paladin

A salute and my utmost respect to anyone of these forums that has served in the United States Military, or a foreign military. God bless you, and thank you.

/Salute
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuck View Post
you just seem like a very clean guy, giving your ride a bath and all!
lol!
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Dub_city714 Dub_city714 is offline
follow on IG @RobbyVMedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBuck
Oh, I'm into a little bit of this and that..

And some photography while I'm at work.
I'm into archery too, but I don't have any pictures of my bows. I'll try and get some when I get back to Colorado (home).

I write stuff, love to hike, and love just driving to new, random spots.

I'ma stop before I make this sound any more like a dating site profile.
That's awesome
__________________
2001 2wd white, 3" body lift, 3" fabtech spindles, 35" BFG KM2, Procomp absorbers rugged radios, PR-lighting solutions led bars, fiberwerx
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
misterb-fx4 misterb-fx4 is offline
Ingenuity at it's finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,096
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

The newest project:










Older pics but I never posted the boat finished:











__________________
(SOLD)The Cleanest 98 in the World - Project Log
Ranger Photo Contest #138 Winner - Patriotic Truck
----------------------------
2009 F150 FX4, lifted and stuff

Last edited by misterb-fx4; 10-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
shizzle8787 shizzle8787 is offline
2 red rangers!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterb-fx4
The newest project:

Older pics but I never posted the boat finished:
Sweet is that a scx10? I've been thinking of selling my high lift f350 for a trail finder 2. Also been thinking about getting a electric boat, nothing to fancy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger EXT Cab 3.0 4x4|Toreador Red|Fog lights in grill|K&N Drop In Filter|Throttle Body Spacer|2.5 Inch Dynomax Turbo SS Exhaust Cat-Back|Pro Comp 15x8 Rims|31x10.5 Pro Comp Tires|Clear Black Tails|Clear Front Signals|OHC Install|Explorer Center Console|Bucket Seats|

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Banger 5 Speed|Full Tune Up|2/3 IN Drop|Front And Rear Light Tint|Konig Tremor 17X8 Rims|Thrush Turbo Muffler|DJM Calmax Shocks|Coil Pack Mod|03 Front End Conversion|8000k Hids
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
misterb-fx4 misterb-fx4 is offline
Ingenuity at it's finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,096
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle8787 View Post
Sweet is that a scx10? I've been thinking of selling my high lift f350 for a trail finder 2. Also been thinking about getting a electric boat, nothing to fancy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
It uses SCX10 axles, trans, and chassis rails. That's about it lol. Don't bother with RC4WD kits if you want it to perform, go with something Axial based. So much more aftermarket support. The Trail Finder will perform better than the old Tamiya stuff, just not as good as an SCX10. Have you been on rccrawler.com/forum? If not, you need to be lol.

The boats are hard to not get crazy with. It always turns into "if I can just squeeze 5mph more out of it I'll be happy." Fun as all hell though. Check out http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/ if you have any interest.

By the way, my user name is Gimp everywhere but here.
__________________
(SOLD)The Cleanest 98 in the World - Project Log
Ranger Photo Contest #138 Winner - Patriotic Truck
----------------------------
2009 F150 FX4, lifted and stuff
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
shizzle8787 shizzle8787 is offline
2 red rangers!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,729
Default

^^ I'm a member of the rc sparks forum, and yamaha blaster forum that's it. I've looked up a lot on rc crawler but never signed up, I might go ahead and sign up. I like my f350 after I four linked it, it's got so many parts on it just to try to make it a crawler lol. I love it except I keep busting steering servo, any idea of a good servo to run with the novak eiger esc, I've been using traxxas 2075.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger EXT Cab 3.0 4x4|Toreador Red|Fog lights in grill|K&N Drop In Filter|Throttle Body Spacer|2.5 Inch Dynomax Turbo SS Exhaust Cat-Back|Pro Comp 15x8 Rims|31x10.5 Pro Comp Tires|Clear Black Tails|Clear Front Signals|OHC Install|Explorer Center Console|Bucket Seats|

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Banger 5 Speed|Full Tune Up|2/3 IN Drop|Front And Rear Light Tint|Konig Tremor 17X8 Rims|Thrush Turbo Muffler|DJM Calmax Shocks|Coil Pack Mod|03 Front End Conversion|8000k Hids
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM
misterb-fx4 misterb-fx4 is offline
Ingenuity at it's finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,096
Default Re: What else are you guys into (Hobbies/Toys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle8787 View Post
^^ I'm a member of the rc sparks forum, and yamaha blaster forum that's it. I've looked up a lot on rc crawler but never signed up, I might go ahead and sign up. I like my f350 after I four linked it, it's got so many parts on it just to try to make it a crawler lol. I love it except I keep busting steering servo, any idea of a good servo to run with the novak eiger esc, I've been using traxxas 2075.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
I only use Hitec servos, won't ever use anything else. The problem with your ESC is the internal BEC is only rated for 6v at 3amps. Any decent servo will draw more than 5amps, if the BEC can't support that much, the servo will stall. You can run a Castle external BEC, the voltage is programmable and offers 10amps of current draw.

Just for reference, here's my electronics set up:
Holmes BR-XL (water proofed)
45T motor
Hitec 7954SH
4S LiPo
__________________
(SOLD)The Cleanest 98 in the World - Project Log
Ranger Photo Contest #138 Winner - Patriotic Truck
----------------------------
2009 F150 FX4, lifted and stuff
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
shizzle8787 shizzle8787 is offline
2 red rangers!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterb-fx4

I only use Hitec servos, won't ever use anything else. The problem with your ESC is the internal BEC is only rated for 6v at 3amps. Any decent servo will draw more than 5amps, if the BEC can't support that much, the servo will stall. You can run a Castle external BEC, the voltage is programmable and offers 10amps of current draw.

Just for reference, here's my electronics set up:
Holmes BR-XL (water proofed)
45T motor
Hitec 7954SH
4S LiPo
Thanks I'll start looking at hitec servos and a bec

Sent from my ADR6350 using FRF App
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger EXT Cab 3.0 4x4|Toreador Red|Fog lights in grill|K&N Drop In Filter|Throttle Body Spacer|2.5 Inch Dynomax Turbo SS Exhaust Cat-Back|Pro Comp 15x8 Rims|31x10.5 Pro Comp Tires|Clear Black Tails|Clear Front Signals|OHC Install|Explorer Center Console|Bucket Seats|

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4 Banger 5 Speed|Full Tune Up|2/3 IN Drop|Front And Rear Light Tint|Konig Tremor 17X8 Rims|Thrush Turbo Muffler|DJM Calmax Shocks|Coil Pack Mod|03 Front End Conversion|8000k Hids
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
we should start a toys 4 tot's FRF IndianScout Off Topic 0 11-06-2010 09:17 AM
New toys for my patrol rifle :) ranger1444 Off Topic 9 10-24-2010 05:44 AM
Angry Black dude at Toys R Us Bwad Laugh Factory 4 10-02-2010 01:08 PM
New toys wesvo Vehicle Snapshots 2 02-09-2010 07:52 PM
How i roll (new toys) edgeman4.0 Vehicle Snapshots 23 12-09-2009 11:26 PM