Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!
  #12526  
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

I'm heading to the asian buffet with friends later on.
I love asian food! Kung Pao!
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
  #12527  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

GOT MY HELLAS!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #12528  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Behind or in front of the grill?
  #12529  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
HIGH TECH REDNECK HIGH TECH REDNECK is offline
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
GOT MY HELLAS!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

why didnt u get kc's?
__________________
2008 F250 Super Duty KEM tuned
  #12530  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Behind or in front of the grill?
light bar below the grille.

IMO, hellas shouldn't be mounted behind the grill. Sure it looks nice, but when they are up that high, they wont cut fog

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH TECH REDNECK View Post
why didnt u get kc's?
didnt have enough $$ for that. it was either the hellas or "pilot" autozone brand



like these

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performance-Lighting-PL-2202C-Off-Road/dp/B0006309MK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1315777156&sr=1-1
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd

Last edited by Yeller; 09-11-2011 at 02:39 PM.
  #12531  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
HIGH TECH REDNECK HIGH TECH REDNECK is offline
Haters Gonna Hate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
light bar below the grille.

IMO, hellas shouldn't be mounted behind the grill. Sure it looks nice, but when they are up that high, they wont cut fog

----------



didnt have enough $$ for that. it was either the hellas or "pilot" autozone brand



like these

Amazon.com: Pilot Performance Lighting PL-2202C Pilot 5-1/2" Round Off-Road Light Kit w/ Chrome Pilot Stone Guard, Clear: Automotive
got my kc's on sale
i got a set of those other lights in my tool box lol
__________________
2008 F250 Super Duty KEM tuned
  #12532  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
light bar below the grille.

IMO, hellas shouldn't be mounted behind the grill. Sure it looks nice, but when they are up that high, they wont cut fog
Dunno they seem to be very popular on here that way.

Always wondered how much of the light was lost due to being so far under the hood and blocked by the grill.

Personally i'd rather have them in the grill like mustangs, it's amazing how a manufacturer give better lighting to its cars than its trucks lol.
  #12533  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Dunno they seem to be very popular on here that way.

Always wondered how much of the light was lost due to being so far under the hood and blocked by the grill.

Personally i'd rather have them in the grill like mustangs, it's amazing how a manufacturer give better lighting to its cars than its trucks lol.
its popular, and still gives you light, but the point of fog lights is to have them mounted LOW so that they actually cut fog. High mounted fogs wont cut fog too well

the reason that they are in the grille of a 'stang is because a mustang sits lower than a truck in the 1st place


not trying to flame, just stating the facts.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #12534  
Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
its popular, and still gives you light, but the point of fog lights is to have them mounted LOW so that they actually cut fog. High mounted fogs wont cut fog too well

the reason that they are in the grille of a 'stang is because a mustang sits lower than a truck in the 1st place


not trying to flame, just stating the facts.
I don't see the flame lol

But if your only intent is to see in the fog, why didn't you buy fog lights?

Aux lights are all horrible in foggy temps, had a taste of it again on my way back to quebec in the mountains.
  #12535  
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

the hella lights you see mounted behind the honeycomb Grille of some members here ARE NOT fog lights. they are driving lights which has a more narrow beam than a fog light (it's like a headlight, only more concentrated)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
its popular, and still gives you light, but the point of fog lights is to have them mounted LOW so that they actually cut fog. High mounted fogs wont cut fog too well

the reason that they are in the grille of a 'stang is because a mustang sits lower than a truck in the 1st place
NO, the reason the fog lights on the mustang are mounted in the grille is because ford wanted the car to look "Retro" like the old mustangs from the mid-late 60's. THATS WHY they are mounted in the grille. I thought a person calling himself "ol yeller" was old enough to figure this out.
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
  #12536  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
I don't see the flame lol

But if your only intent is to see in the fog, why didn't you buy fog lights?

Aux lights are all horrible in foggy temps, had a taste of it again on my way back to quebec in the mountains.
My only intent insnt to see in fog. I got these to see on dark back roads aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine090767 View Post
NO, the reason the fog lights on the mustang are mounted in the grille is because ford wanted the car to look "Retro" like the old mustangs from the mid-late 60's. THATS WHY they are mounted in the grille. I thought a person calling himself "ol yeller" was old enough to figure this out.
Really? just cause my name has "ol" in it means absolutely nothing. I aint old. Your statement makes no sense
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd

Last edited by Yeller; 09-11-2011 at 05:18 PM.
  #12537  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Neo Neo is offline
Just call me Neo.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,406
Default

Bow chica wow wow
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
Shhhhh, you know nothing know-nothinger
  #12538  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
OhSoLowBoxBdy OhSoLowBoxBdy is offline
Dropt At Birth
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 208
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoRanger View Post
Bow chica wow wow
U post this while on a boat full of men. Wow
__________________
Facebook.http://www.facebook.com/SouthernRedneck

LowLyfe Kustoms Petitioning East TN Chapter President.
  #12539  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine090767 View Post
the hella lights you see mounted behind the honeycomb Grille of some members here ARE NOT fog lights. they are driving lights which has a more narrow beam than a fog light (it's like a headlight, only more concentrated)

----------

NO, the reason the fog lights on the mustang are mounted in the grille is because ford wanted the car to look "Retro" like the old mustangs from the mid-late 60's. THATS WHY they are mounted in the grille. I thought a person calling himself "ol yeller" was old enough to figure this out.
lol you're so mean.

Also..

First you say they aren't fog lights (you'd be correct), then you claim the mustang has fog lights (you'd be incorrect).

lololol
  #12540  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Dcrymes99ranger Dcrymes99ranger is offline
Explorer seats are in
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoLowBoxBdy View Post
U post this while on a boat full of men. Wow
Zac shut up we all know yous a fagg!!!
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 3.0xl


My Build Thread!!!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hmm missed this thread when I started here, Hi frf from Calgary KraziIvan Introduce Yourself 10 01-04-2011 06:52 AM
FRF Afterhours / BS Thread Smokey Off Topic 35284 01-03-2011 10:10 PM
FRF Official Burn out thread. Dcrymes99ranger Vehicle Snapshots 24 10-22-2010 10:08 PM
FRF Official Ranger with Mustang wheels thread.. Dcrymes99ranger Vehicle Snapshots 17 10-15-2010 06:47 AM
Official 2010 FRF Branson meet pics thread. TheBearJeweler Meet & Greet Photos 19 06-15-2010 09:27 AM